Sunset Sherbert bag seed

I, too, would like to get in on the offer, Thanks for your outreach, I find it to be what this site is all about. Well done!!!

4 Likes

Were the phenotypes consistent across the plants you grew out? Any intersex issues ('cause bagseed…)?

5 Likes

No intersex issues … I can’t speak for how the pollination occurred … I grew out ten or so and it threw two phenos . A chunky Cookies type structure and one was sativa leaning … I should be clear the goal here . I’m out of space and would like someone with some breeding skill to do some bx’s … F2’s … ?Maybe a reputable Durban male since Durban was part of the original lines . Thoughts ?

4 Likes

I’d be up for a challenge like this!
Sunset Sherbet F2’s sound really good… it’s a nice strong strain that I’ve enjoyed many times, but have never grown.

9 Likes

If you’ll put the work in pm me . I can get on it after New Years . Not sure the proper protocol here … Am I doing it right ? lol .

3 Likes

Don’t think anyone will blame you while trying to contribute to the community , you can check this post if you want to see how it works, interesting strain, thanks for sharing … :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Good on you for asking. Being clear on what you want, up front, is the way to go.

I wish you luck in your collaboration!

8 Likes

Ok a preliminary run a friend did resulted in a girl with nuts . He did have a power outage issue so I’m not sure if these are a liability… I ran them outside with 0 herm issues …

2 Likes

I apologize for letting this thread escape me for a week.

I’m interested in this breeding project and think it will result in a more flavorful cross.
Sunset Sherbert (GSC x Pink Panties) can be broken down even further for Bx purposes. GSC (OG Kush x Durbin Poison) and Pink Panties (Burmese Kush x Florida Kush).

2 Likes

Yes a male Durban would be a good bx hey ? I don’t know if you saw my above post that a preliminary indoor run had a hermie … He did have a power outage tho . I took count and I have 100 to spread out … All I ask is access to the progeny if anything exceptional shows up … I can’t be responsible for any herms tho . But like I said , I didn’t find any in my outdoor run …

1 Like

Actual hermaphrodite cannabis plants are rare, however, instability does not necessarily mean the plant is a hermie… it just means there’s a stability issue somewhere in that phenotypes genetic lineup.

Given that one or two phenos showed instability, that in itself, doesn’t mean that there will be issues with all the seeds either. With F1’s, every seed will be a different pheno, uniformity is unheard of until at least F4/F5, when IBL starts and phenotypical expressions become more uniform. With each successful generational breeding you are progressing in terms of having only a few different, but uniform, phenos to choose from.

Some years ago, I grew out a few Herijuana F18’s from some seeds a friend threw my way and I only saw two slightly different female phenos from those seeds. There were three distinct male phenos that I observed, but wasn’t trying to save pollen at that time… just wanted to grow some meds. Another decision I regret!.. should have collected that pollen!

Incidentally, the pic you posted is not an actual hermie, it’s known as a monoecious plant.
An actual hermie has both male/female parts together… meaning there will be stamens above the pistols on each budsite.
What your pic shows is a monoecious plant… meaning it has male and female parts, but on different parts of the plant and rarely together.

These plants left unattended, have the ability to seed your whole crop. They’re not that uncommon in cannabis, so a watchful gardener can spot these plants before they do considerable harm to their grow.

10 Likes

Would you consider a plant with bananas to be a hermie?
Or is it rodelization?
Is this pollen different (more stable) than that of a monoecious plant?
Can that appear on plants only 8 or 9 weeks into flower?

I’ve never had an actual “male” plant, but have had bananas appear in the flowers on a few…

4 Likes

Hey DesertGrown solid info . Thx for stopping by … :v:

4 Likes

No, I don’t consider a female that throws a couple of nanners out to be a hermie.

More times than not, that is rodelization at work due to stress… could be environmental, could be caused by the grower, could be a lot of things. If the plant endures too much stress, you could see some of the unappealing recessive genes come out in their offspring.

Many things can trigger rodelization in female cannabis plants and this is her only way of making certain that her genetics are carried on… mostly through viable, naturally feminized, seeds… she needs very few to keep things going.

This plants whole life cycle is designed around making seeds to further its genetic line by any means necessary. If there are no males around, then she may have to do it all by herself, hence the nanners.

I’m not saying Rodelization is foolproof and only female seeds can be made, however, the ratio of female to male seeds is about the same as you have seen on an average pack of feminized seeds… in the high upper 90% range.

9 Likes

Interesting food for thought… thanks for your reply.
I’ve never heard of monoecious plants sporting male/female traits on different parts of the plant.

I grew some CBD Blue Shark that made bananas (in the flowers) in the same tent as some GG4 clones that showed no hermie traits or bananas…
I would have thought that the GG4 would act up if any of them did… but they were all perfectly female.

The CBD Blue Shark grew out fine with the bananas. The 'nanners dried up and withered away while hanging and they all cured nicely without seeds. I’m still smoking those flowers and they keep getting smoother as they cure (over a year now).
Hmmm… :thinking:

7 Likes

Ok so I have 100 beans I can part with … I can commit to ten per person . . I can get them out after this weekend … The only thing I ask is if anything exceptional phenos are found , to bounce it back to me . I’m not too excited to send them anywhere other than the US unless some one wants to pm me and school me on logistics …

7 Likes

Here’s a buddies micro grow of the Sherb … Kind of a crappy pic but they’re looking good …

6 Likes

Always great information thanks DG

2 Likes

A photogenic bunch … Looking healthy …

10 Likes

@misterbee and @Reactorpwr they’re going to be enroute tomorrow… If I forgot anyone please pm me or chime in here . Bless y’all .

3 Likes