Swayze's - 2x4x5 - First Grow - START to FINISH

day 21 / start of week 4

i think i will do just that… thanks for the input !

oh shit i see, you have 2 weeks after your top dress lasts 30 days… yeah looks like the one girl was hungrier than the rest, maybe increase feed in next soil mix or top dress earlier next time or something

1 Like

UPDATE - Day 28 of 12/12
getting frosty :snowflake:
chuggin along :steam_locomotive::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car:

SWAYZE :cactus:

13 Likes

QUESTION
i took one plant out to reach the back row and buds were swaying pretty good…
im curious if i should throw some steaks in with them?
its only start of week 5 and the 2 in the front (far left and far right) are both my “Carnage Bag Seed” and the buds are a double the size of all other plants (chemdawg/Girl scout cookies).

or would i be ok to let them go to the end with no steaks and rely on the tight spacing in my tent to keep em up-rite ?

im uncertain with the steaks cus i dont want to go poking into my soil and disturbing my root systems .

any recommendations ?

I would go.with the steaks to support things, big floppy buds usually need some kind of support. Sticking a couple stakes in once won’t do too much damage. Just make it a one time thing and you will be fine.

4 Likes

Or drop some netting over them.

1 Like

If you gently slide the stakes down the sides of the container they will only damage some of the newer growth roots. Plant should recover if you minimize this to a single assault.

Tip: Place stakes when repotting if you think you have “floppers” on the way. They can always be removed with less damage, rather than adding later.

5 Likes

DAY 34 of 12/12
I have been adding molasses to my watering… usually about a tbsp per gallon of water about twice a week. Plants seem to love it.

pH 6.3-6.8 i have been going up and down through out the whole grow

here are a couple lowers frosting up nicely

and some more shots of the garden

SWAYZE:cactus:

10 Likes

Looking good in there!

2 Likes

Nice garden, ‘Dirty Dancer’.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Well, the plants look good at least :laughing:

99%

2 Likes

TEA TIME :tea::alarm_clock::gb:
I’m wanting to give my organic soil a good charge of microbial life so ive decided to brew… first time for everything! Im positive i will be adding more ingredients next brew (kelp meal, bat guano etc.) specifically to where i am in growth stage… but im still learning… and seeing how most that ive read, the earthworm tea is for boosting microbial life and beneficial bacteria in the soil, not necessarily for the plant directly … and due to where im at in flowering stage i will not be using as a foliar spray

Earthworm Casting Tea recipe:
(per gallon of water)

• 1 Cup of Earthworm Castings
  • 1 Tbsp of Organic Non-sulfured Molasses
    thats it thats all… this time

after 12 hours of brewing… Foamy

QUESTION ^^^
So my pH has gotten quite high (city water is pretty high to begin with)

• Seeing how the tea is mainly for the organic soil’s microbial life/ benificial bacteria is it nessesary to adjust pH of my brew?
    lots of fourms were saying no need to adjust pH in teas for a organic soil grow… but im also assuming they wernt dealing with such alkaline water.

any one got a take on the matter?

SWAYZE:cactus:

5 Likes

That is a pretty high number, but no worries the plant can adjust the pH in the rhizosphere. The plant exudes sugars that attract specific bacteria. If pH is too high, the plant will attract bacteria that produce acid (LAB for example).

Brewing teas isn’t a bad thing, but I’m lazy and simply top dress with castings. I let the plant “brew” the tea itself. The plant knows better what it needs than I do.

3 Likes

help OGers
Beginning of week 7
just noticed this on one my girls… is this signs of herming ?
thankfully only seeing this on one plant
if so, should i chop him/her asap?

1 Like

Ugh!

Are they all over the place or just this one site?

I might wet the plant with a light foliar when light go out and pinch those little devil dogs off of there. If they are everywhere, I would be heading for trim jail. At 7 weeks, they won’t be done, but they will have medicinal value.

2 Likes

thanks 99!
ive only noticed about 3 sites on the one plant…
interesting, why wet the plant before? and why when lights go out?

1 Like

Wetting the plants before will stop poll from flying around the room and doing it all lights out will prevent any light burn from lots of water sitting on tour plants?

3 Likes

Just like the man said…

3 Likes

awesome thanks for the great info !

so after removing them… just keep a eye on them if more pop up? and keep removing ?
or cut my losses? (pun intended)

i would HATE for it to affect the others

thanks for the help!