Swayze's - 2x4x5 - First Grow - START to FINISH

If you’re super concerned about pollens ting the other plants I’d play it safe and get it out of there, if it’s not a huge deal finding some seed, keep on plucking with a close eye.

1 Like

Right again Mr @Eddie.saw

You have done this before, hehe.

1 Like

Actually I haven’t @99PerCent . The short time i grew indoors we never had hermie issues. Outdoors i never had a problem either. But being of the boards since 2005, i’ve come across this a time or two.

after taking it out and looking closer ive found over 20 sites… and also on another plant as well, over 10 sites… all on lower buds tho… seems like alot to remove every one… more i look the more i find…

its quite the kick in the ass because the last thing i want to do is harvest too early after all this hard work… but i also dont want seed ridden bud after all this hard work. i do have 4 other plants in the tent looking free from nanners so im kind of thinking i should protect my assets here lol… its a hard decision to just go ahead and chop chop… but should i ?

still worthy to smoke? or for oils and such?

2 Likes

I’d probably turn them into some kind of concentrate. I think it’s better than having a fully seeded harvest.

2 Likes

Both + 16 Characters.

The product should be a little more “racey” and up rather than couch glue or trippy.

PS: Which plants are doing this? Names please.

i dont follow sorry haha … still new to all the forum insiders lol

should i still put her in a dark cool room for 2 days before chopping?:new_moon::scissors:

1 Like

Both… Still worthy to smoke or for oils, etc.

Please do ID the culprits. That helps the community.

PS

Not sure why we would do this.

the plants? they are “Chem cookies”

ive read it increases potency and trichome production

The community thanks you for the information regarding the evil culprits.

As far as potency and trichome production, this has more to do with picking the parents carefully.

I know not of this technique, but I believe it is not necessary. It is more likely to further stress the plant and produce more hermies.

1 Like

You got a 90% female ?

they were all female plants… just 2 started showing these “nanners”

so i guess they would be 90% female?

I can see where confusion would arise here. Two of your plants could be characterized as nearly 10% male.

Never met a gardener that didn’t encounter crop loss. Don’t let these two mess with the rest, Yank em yesterday and smoke em tomorrow.

99%

3 Likes

POWER OUTAGES

so my power has been out for 2 hours now… went and checked on the room and RH is at 90% !!! Thankfully it’s still their night time so didn’t affect lights periods…
QUESTION
Will a sudden spike in RH have much affect this late in the grow ?

Should I open the tent n try to get natural airflow ?

Any one else deal with outages ?

absolutely open it up to get some air in. Nothing to do but hope it comes back on & move them in front of windows during the day if possible.

2 Likes

Opened the tent and doors and got RH down to 75% (better then before)

@Muleskinner I can’t put them by a window unfortunately

QUESTION
Will having their sleep cycle extended by a few hours affect the girls enough to stress them ?

Technically their lights turn on about now … so now is when I start To stress lol

1 Like

they should be fine - I would give them as much of the 12 hours as possible today if it comes back on.

They can probably miss a whole day of light and still be OK.

3 Likes

Thanks you for the help @Muleskinner ! Much appreciated
SWAYZE:cactus:

UPDATE

power is back on after being out for 10 HOURS!!! :rage:

In terms of my plants day period, the lights come on at 11AM. the power was just returned and it is now 4PM

so should i…

-keep the lights on for the remainder of the regular 11am-11pm cycle? (which would only give them 7hours of light today)
OR
-start a 12 hour cycle from the time they just turned on, changing it to 4pm-4am? (which would result in this whole power outage fiasco being a “long sleep” )

what would have less affect on the plants?

1 Like

Personally, I would just leave the timers as they are and roll with it.

2 Likes