Sweet Seeds - Dark Devil Auto 👿

These babies seem to be on the right path. They already showed preflowers, i am giving them 50% Grow/50% Bloom Formula with additives. Will keep on feeding Grow (N) for the next two or three weeks. So they don’t start cannibilizing themselves.

Tallest one in the lot
Shortest one of them

Hopefully all four turn red/purple.

HppHrvst

7 Likes

Ok, need to update here.

So, hempy buckets rock!

They all started to flower and they are getting 50/50 Veg-Bloom, i had autos in the past suffer a lot of deficiencies because i stopped feeding N as soon as they showed pistils so, anyway, they are getting that @ 6.0pH and 1.4EC.

Coco chips in hempy one gallon buckets with TechnaFlora Nutes. Under a 200W Citizen CLU048-1212 COB rig.

HppHrvst

8 Likes

Incredible vigor and growth, i attribute that to mostly two factors, hempy tech and nute efficiency.

You guys be the judge.

11 days ago.

Today

They are already showing purple buds coming… I was lucky, got three purple phenos out of 5 seeds.

Purple Happening for Real!

HppHrvst

8 Likes

Another update, they woke up more purple than yesterday… WOOHOO!

Check it out.

Only two of them are turning purple, but i saw a video on youtube of a guy whom had them go purple when they were advanced into flower… So i dunno. To early to say, they don’t even have trichomes yet.

HppHrvst

12 Likes

Loving the hempy coco grow. Those girls are getting tall, hope they turn out sweet I tried hempys with perlite last year but i screwed it up, temps got too high and i got root rot. Had to get cool tubes but went back to good old compost in airpots and stuck with it since.

3 Likes

some turn only once in flower.

2 Likes

I think they are still gonna get darker. Seen lots of grows on youtube and forums, everyone seems please with the color it takes by finishing time. Also, i have seen green plants turn purple at the very end of the flowering phase. So, here they are, only time will tell.

1 Like

They all get more purple as time goes on well the ones that are gonna be purple, i’ve grown enough of them.

2 Likes

Ever tried this particular one @Mr.Sparkle?

1 Like

No not the XL red auto’s but the dark devils in general. No matter how they are crossed into other genetics, i have found that if they are showing purple early they will definitely be darker later on. That and if they aren’t starting to show some color once they start throwing out pistils in mass then you will get little or no color by harvest unless you starve them near finish to force whatever underlying color they may have.

3 Likes

Two phenos got the purple the other two not so much, unless the myths are real and they turn! I doubt it.

Look at these buds gang! I have no idea how long they have or how much time left, so i guess i’ll just cut them when 30% amber on the tric’s.

HppHrvst

6 Likes

Your still a ways off but Sweet Seeds if pretty accurate with there flowering times so i would go by that just as the guide line.

Your plants definitely did stretch out a lot, but with the way your light is that would be expected. Still expected them to be a lot bigger or bushier in your size pots but probably just need some tweaking on watering duration concentrations and adjustable lights to get them bigger next time.

Hard to tell for the two green plants, but that far right one take a closer look at the calyx’s as things move along, as if ones gonna change color later on i’ll put my money down on that plant.

3 Likes

I believe the same bro. Thanks for your time, we’ll see.

1 Like

They will be all dark purple in a few weeks it looks.

Keep posting those pics.

3 Likes

Hello gang. Update and question.

Is this a defficiency, an excess or simple fading of the leaves?

I looked everywhere and didn’t find anything quite like it, they have 6.3pH and 1400ppm (2.2EC) in their water, some leaves are yellowing and dying, cannibalism maybe? Would you say it like that, cannibal?

Thanks everyone.

HppHrvst

1 Like

EC seems high, could be nutrient burn by looking at the tips of the leaves. It could be starting a fade how old are they?

3 Likes

That is a potassium deficiency. Kelp, potassium salts or a few applications of any ferment should take care of it.

4 Likes

Funny thing is, they have been getting the same nutes for the entire grow. I think they are at 56 days if the dates don’t play me man.

This is what i am using, and supposedly the NPK ratios are really good, but i dunno man. Do you think this is low on K?

Thanks guys.

1 Like

Here are examples.

1 Like

I hear ya. Damn, i am afraid if i put more K in it they might burn… What to do!?

1 Like