Syrian X black/blue Lebanese F1

Ooooh! @lefthandseeds I also got a short stocky/branchy male! :slight_smile: Heā€™s just maybe a inch taller than she is and thatā€™s really due to me topping her and not him :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And I missed one of the females during the topping sesh the other day so Iā€™m just going to leave it and it to is heading into flower the other probably would be too if I wouldnā€™t have topped them :slight_smile: these are so much fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That sounds about right. You might be headed into flowering soon. Looking forward to seeing how the next couple weeks pan out! Hopefully you get some definitive signs pretty soon.

4 Likes

@lefthandseeds , these photos were taken yesterday :slight_smile: July 10th just south of the 38th parallel

^ one of those is a female that slipped through the topping sesh :slight_smile: lol hereā€™s the top itā€™s gathered and ready to go :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Suns out nuts out! Thatā€™s flowering :fist:

4 Likes

Is this the same, or different, than fast flowering? that is how I rationalize fast flowering when I read about it, semi-auto.

The thing I donā€™t care for is, when I selfed a FF plant, I ended up with roulette beans, with 25% chance of being auto, 50% of FF, and 25% chance of regular photo. I just wanted more beans, but to stabilize them, I would need to put a lot more work in, on that line.

edit - excuse my novice understanding, and likely inaccurate understanding. I am still new to growing, let alone breeding, but I want to learn more. Books just tend to put me to sleep.

4 Likes

Ok semi auto is when plants go into flower at 14-15 hors day light itā€™s mostly the desert strains due to draught survival put planted early in season it will act just like a auto so if I plant a round of seed outdoor early then another round right before the solstice with a round of autos in the middle then I should be able to pull off 3 with my photos making 4 outdoor harvests each year :slight_smile: PS without light dep :slight_smile:

4 Likes

To add to what @drgreensleeves said, fast flowering is an F1 hybrid between an auto and photo. But semi auto is seemingly different. Itā€™s still a photo trait but initiates flowering under longer daylight hours. It must be stable toward inbreeding because it occurs normally in landrace populations around the Mediterranean.

4 Likes

I appreciate the knowledge both of you have shared. I will continue to follow and see how this grow goes. This is interesting stuff. Thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@other_barry and Iā€™ve heard of hybrids flowering at 14 hours also so I assume it is a trait that can be passed but most indoor growers donā€™t even look and that trait alone could allow for a even faster flower time especially it the internal clock of the plant only needs a set amount of hours persay but I donā€™t know for sure Yet :slight_smile: lol but we are going to find out thatā€™s for sure:)

4 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s true. We all just go straight to 12/12 unless we know itā€™s an auto. So it might be more common than we even know. I would guess thereā€™s a whole range for where plants will start flowering.

Itā€™s probably even more complicated than we know yet. Equatorial sativas have different patterns as well. Iā€™ve heard some landraces flower based on maturity, since many places it might only vary from 11.5 to 12.5 hrs

3 Likes

I recently tried turning the lights off for a few extra hours (around 14 on / 10 off, I believe) on my mother plants, hoping to slow their growth, but I threw a couple of them into flower and had a bad time trying to reveg them. This could definitely explain what had happened there, I suppose.

2 Likes

And I love this , it start a whole new line of thought:) kinda makes one feel like captain Luke pukard to boldly go where no man has gone before :slight_smile: further down the rabbit hole !

2 Likes

Maybe even also accompanied with the angle of the sun we still donā€™t know the subtleties of it the little nuances :slight_smile: we could probably just drop one side of the LEDs this way or that and not even have to mess with the timers :slight_smile: lol just something to think about

2 Likes

We got rain last night with in line winds :slight_smile: lol one of the males was blowed sideways :slight_smile: lol but it didnā€™t bother them a bit I love these plants they are so much fun Iā€™m so excited about how they do truly special plants :slight_smile:

1 Like

@lefthandseeds :slight_smile: bro! These plants are definitely Amazingly Fantastical ! Just when I think I know what to expect :slight_smile: They surprise me again:) just absolutely stunning! These photos were taken like 4-5 days ago and they are really clicking along now :slight_smile:

So a nice little surprise was that, ā€œlook how tall they are!ā€ And if you look behind the short stocky female, is a short stocky male , Surprise! :slight_smile: I do so very much love these plants! Thanks again @lefthandseeds much love and respect bro! PS and if you want any pollen off any of my dudes or some seed from selected females or if you need my help in any kind of way, just give the word and Iā€™m there ! I am so very grateful, appreciative and extremely proud to mark you as one of my friends!

8 Likes

I have seen skinny leaf equatorial plants that will flower at 14 hours, right in the middle of the longest day length where I was about 15 degrees south of the equator. Some of the png plants I have found will do this.

Most broadleaf plants will flower all year round like an auto in equatorial regions,

4 Likes

Theyā€™re looking great @drgreensleeves! Looks like you had a pretty strong wind storm there, but everything looks happy. Beautiful grow

3 Likes

For sure at least BD x CQ begins flowering at 14/10 Another of Leftyā€™s strains.

2 Likes

This is a really interesting grow. Iā€™m surprised more people arent bucked up. Seems these are the fringes of the grow world.

It isnā€™t a chem x skunk x chem x skunk x GSC X chem x skunk x chem x skunk x GSC but it could be something special. Will be interested in the similarities to my beldias.

5 Likes