Tales from the closet

So this is my first post here and I am not sure if this is the correct place or if this topic is redundant or any of that be kind please I thought I would throw this out to the universe to all the cannabis growers the growers in general to all the people still out there hiding in there closets there basements and attics with there boxes tents and cabinets the guerilla growers hiding in the bush to all my brothers and sisters in arms stuck in prohibition states I thought maybe we could talk about the tips tricks and tools of the game and maybe what the grow scene or cannabis scene in general is looking like out there Im going to post pics of my boxes my grow and so on like I said I am brand new to this so be nice

13 Likes

Great to have ya here maybe change the topic to " growroom diaries " that way it’ll be your own and personalized :+1:

4 Likes

I dig it sir thank you

5 Likes

@cannabliss great to have you here! I’m looking forward to the pictures!

I live in a prohibition state and there is absolutely no choice in what product you purchase.

It’s impossible to know where anything came from and who has had contact with it. The grade is B+ on the best days. Thus, an obvious reason why one would turn to small batch production of medicine for themselves.

:crab: :peace:

4 Likes

:sunglasses: You’ve got our support, soldier. :v:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Thank you both for the support and I hope everybody in the free states remembers what its like to go to the guy not knowing what your gonna get or where it came from forget all of that grow grow and then grow more which is easy for me to say because New York is decriminalized and has been for a long time alot folks out there are not as lucky grow on folks

6 Likes

here i am, sitting in Illinois waiting to see a new governor fulfill a promise… I’m tired of looking over my shoulder in the shadows…

I’m by no means in my closet but I am behind my door, waiting patiently…

good thread topic… let’s get it moving

5 Likes

I live in a prohibition state. For most of my cannabis using life I smoked the Mexican brick - and I never complained, until I went to a legal state to visit some friends and they introduced me to The Dank.
We have a new governor that is supposedly friendly to the cannabis community, but I’ve been fed that same shtick before, we shall see…

6 Likes

we all were there well most of us smoking that shwaggy brick weed all the way from mexico to the middle of nowhere central new york legalization has opened everybodys eyes well not everybody because it would be federally legal already we just gotta keep on keepin on and grow on

5 Likes

So I guess I will say a few things I live in upstate NY about 30 east of syracuse in a small city in a very rural county I have lived here all my life recently I have come to terms with some things in my life I am an addict have been for 2 and half decades since I was a kid really I have been clean for several years now but it was a fight to the end I still fight everyday the area around me like so many places is caught in a terrible battle with drugs meth lab busts heroin overdoses throughout all the treatment which is a joke btw all the medications all the pain and frustration in the end cannabis saved me from myself it has been apart of my life for 30 years but not until i looked at it as medicine did I truly see it for what it is A Blessing I truly believe it can save us all everyday I try to give back and to help those who really need it Im out for now grow on folks

2 Likes

got my autos from Reiko yesterday in a christmas card truly a blessing from the bottom of my heart you have no idea anyway got some in water already will update when they pop thank you

5 Likes

so Im getting ready to build a LED light I need another light and I have been waiting to make another LED anybody got any tips advice suggestions warnings even impart the wisdom on me and grow on folks thank you

4 Likes

as per @Mr.Sparkle & @ReikoX standards… 30-50watts(actual, not “equivalent”) per square foot.

i like my cheapo screw-in LEDs (SIL) but they are not a true “grow” light.

personally, i only use the 100w bulbs & remove the plastic lens/cover. fyi: theres live current there and you can burn/shock/etc. yourself there. :blush:

am seeing some flicker in the cheaper bulbs, i have a couple of the CREE brand and they are brighter & a bit hotter, heavier.

rrmmm. i’m wakenbaked so thats all i can do now. heh

3 Likes

thank you my friend going to look for some how to thingies I appreciate it grow on brother

2 Likes

i forgot to mention that i manage OK with less wattage per sq ft than that above but would never try to flower under that…just veg & clone.

also really like the 4’ long power outlet strip, makes it easy & adaptable…think it was 25$ at harborfreighttools

:v:

Late welcome by myself, but welcome. So wheres this new light, any pics for our feasting eyes. :wink:

1 Like

I never have time or space to do what I want so the light build gets put on hold but I need a lighting solution for autos in a 30" by 48" space or I guess just one side of that any suggestions on led would be appreciated

1 Like

First thing to determine is actual budget for light. Just like a car. :wink:

I’m no wizard w/lights, just being poor… :smile:

so i am at an impasse i am starting a new run in the next few i am looking for input here i know these things are a matter of style and preference but i need to up my game i think its time to do something other than the soil grows i have been doing and by soil i mean home made compost any thoughts on changing up my gamei have thought abput trying no till and have done a ton of reading or just sticking to soil and if so something ready made like ocean forest or along them lines or so called super soil recipes which would take more time to cook then i want to wait but i am cool with that i also have thought about hydro i have done some small dwc grows but was thinking about coco or pro mix i realize it is kind of a vague question but i really want to try something new and am itching to finally do grow show here i would be growing autos in a 2x4 tent if it makes a difference somebody anybody out there help because when i try planning it i find myself just getting lost
grow on my friends

2 Likes

back at it heres what I have going on

2 sour 60 at 7 weeks pollinated yesterday and this morning not sur if i will save pollen still have both males so I’ll have to look into storing pollen
1 sour daddy 1 ghostryder at 5 week
4 each dark secret and ghostryder at 3 weeks starting to show sex will move 1 of each to perpetual
several 8 monster kush at 1 weeks 2 will end up in perpetual rest will be seperated for seed run
also have a random fem and 2other female at 2 weeks which I will try to reverse it’s my first time so wish meluck firing up cs generator for first time today if all goes well I have a bunch of fem autos i wouldlike to make seeds from if I can figure all thisout I guess i have yet to do an actual grow log not great with pictures but I’m going to giveit a try be good folks
several