Temperature Variation

I bought a air conditioner and i have few question around it:

In my region, at summer we get temperatures at 84ºF and i already noticed temps higher than this in my grow…

let the air 24h on its impraticable… during the day I will turn it on sporadically because the grow is in my office. During the night, now with the air I put the temperature on 65ºF.

Its better I give it a high drop at night like (77ºF at day and 65ºF at night) or create an stability of the temperature, trying to let the room always in range of 70ºF ?

3 Likes

I shoot for night temps about 5-10degrees f cooler than day temps.

3 Likes

so, it’s better don’t turn it on during the days, and turn it on on higher potency at night so ?

if i dont turn it on, the temperature on grow stay at range of 82ºF.

When it on I can let the grow temperature at 64ºF…

64 f is too low : )

3 Likes

68 instead ?

Honestly, indoors with people breathing, 84 is not a rough temperature, at all.

3 Likes

72/75 ish maybe for lights out

1 Like

You can grow at 30c/32c ( 26c ideal ) with not too many problems as long as you take into account them drinking more each day to cool down so lower ec by 0.1/0.2 : )

2 Likes

I run my night cycle from 12noon to pm. That way the lights are off during the hottest part of the day. Made it easier to maintain stability.

3 Likes

Awesome information man! Thanks for this… I can put the room in this temperature with no much efforts, and the night drop to 22ºC will be cheaper than my actual strategy… what sounds really good :slight_smile:

thanks for take a time to help me and for sharing with us a bit of your experience :heart: :man_farmer: :brazil:

I’m thankfull for this!

3 Likes

It was my strategy at veg time and was I didnt have the air conditioner… My current grow is some improvised… today I will make some changes to get more space and will be easier to control the time of the lights and temperature.

and like I said to our fellow above, thanks for taked a time and comes to help me !! :heart:

2 Likes

Too low for what, exactly? :thinking:

Here’s a grow from last winter. The lights-off temps were always below 60F, sometimes as low as 55. I think they turned out OK. :sunglasses:

21 Likes

They turned out lovely : ) I just generally don’t go below 22c in flower unless trying to purple them which I don’t do @Purple-N-Hairy

2 Likes

Thanks!

In spite of my forum name, I wasn’t and am never “trying to purple them”. I was a young and dumb grower 20 years ago when I started using that name on the original Overgrow. I just happen to live in an area that gets quite cold in the winter, and my basement gets much cooler than the rest of the home.

But you didn’t answer my question. You said 64F is too low, and I asked you “too low for what”? Pretend I didn’t show you my grow and tell you the temps - just tell me what you thought would (or wouldn’t) happen when temps get as low as mine.

4 Likes

As long as ROOT temps don’t drop below 45°F (if I remember correctly) most plants will be fine, below that they slow/stop chemical reactions because it’s too cold, is my statement accurate to your knowledge?

Also @LionsNaughtyBeans whatever temp you decide is fine, you can go off of VPD charts but I think the general rule of thumb is about a 10° (F) drop between lights on/off to simulate a relatively normal outdoor night temperature. Mine are usually 83F on and 65-70F off depending on time of year.

6 Likes

I like to keep the momentum going even at nite , I feel purple is a sign of temp def and it will affect the grow ie non optimum growing conditions etc , just a thing I think about , just like you and fems , just my opinion : ) @Purple-N-Hairy

2 Likes

One thing to watch out for is relative humidity at night.
A significant temperature drop will cause the RH to spike. That’s not too bad in early veg but can be dangerous in flower (bud rot)

Cheers
G

10 Likes

Very good advice @Gpaw : )

3 Likes

Cold makes color, color means good.

2 Likes

Agree with the drop in temp and rise in humidity. I hit 80 each day, my night temperature drops to 72 and humidity up to 65%. But I have fans blowing the whole time. There is a chart around with temperature and humidity levels that are safe.

1 Like