Temperature Variation

I know it’s wierd it conflicts with the chart on so many ways I’m almost positive it’s got to be root temp related

How would a person deal with that though? You can’t exactly cool the floor and not the room.
I use cloth bags but I know a lot of growers using hard plastic planters and they do well. :thinking:
That’s a quandary.

1 Like

I swapped out to Aeropots and it fixed the problem like real quick.Raised them up with the pots being 16 inches tall and there’s more dirt in those 5 gallon aeros to stay warm more evenly now.I’m learning the one gallon pot is the trickiest one of them all.Unless your doing a bonsai mom or growing some Jaqylyns they love one gallons for some reason or trying to keep land race Sativas Like @Upstate showed me to keep thier size in check ,One gallon pots should be for a straight transition to your integral growing pot keep the one gallon a transient pot and try not to keep anything there too long.They like to get rootbound in one gallon pots and throw off nute deficiency symptoms yellowing bottom leaves sucking up way too much water all the time etc.I’ve been doing this now and everything goes smoothly now.

So., My question is always; why not just go straight into its final pot / bag, whatever, right out of the solo cups?
I would think, just pay attention to how much you water and where. Let it stretch out in a larger container.
I don’t understand why that second transplant is needed.
Don’t take this as saying I know anything, because I don’t claim to know much. lol
I’m just wondering.

1 Like

My plants come out bigger after the dusting of the probiotics on the root balls after the solo cup and they outgrow that pot and give me a bigger rootball to play with.Don’t have to but it has been working for me pretty good and I get to have a good look at that rootball and see what it’s doing

2 Likes

It’s currently winter here and my temps swing from 30C to 20C at night. 30C is a bit hot but ok. I don’t worry too much about day/night swings because I have no choice.

Maybe not ideal, but fine.

I get that. I was thinking about taking a very small amount of Clonex and mix it in some water to moisten the soil in my big bag around my root ball when I pot these clones in their 5gal bags.

1 Like

Be careful treating the root balls and how they react.Don’t know how clonex will work but if your using microbes watch your trigger finger on that black powder.A little too much and you will be repotting sooner than you thought.All though with a fabric pot I’d imagine it would prune the roots itself and you might not have as much of an issue

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree.
I may have to experiment on a clone that I can afford to loose.
I am thinking to add just a very small amount to the soil in the big bag before placing the root ball in. I just wondered if that minute amount in the new soil would kick the roots into gear quicker.

2 Likes

“Hard telling not knowing”
“Only one way of telling and that’s doin “

3 Likes

Ain’t that always the way! :joy:
That had to go through the mind of the first person to look at a oyster and think “Am I really THAT hungry?”

2 Likes

You got that right …a stone with meat in it !

Okay but how about the discover of dairy producing mammals ….to clear it up I picture a farmer gets a cow gives birth sees baby cow suckling hmmm I’ll try that …:crazy_face:

1 Like

:joy: There are so many good examples. lol

1 Like

One more thing all the ones I flip like that and dust the root ball all get stalks like this.Thick as a Bic under a month old

2 Likes

Very Very nice!

1 Like