Tents full of happiness and love ft. Bodhi and friends

Yeah, his veggie garden is out of control. The man knows plants, so it’ll be fun to see how these go for him!

These plants are at latitude 41.

If we’ve learned anything from the Cheech and Chong movies, we know that iguana’s like to get high, so maybe that’s what Rose is up to!

14 Likes

Bandaid Haze 7 - chop day 104 days flowering. I guess I could’ve waited one more day, but really need that tent space back right now :slight_smile: I read something @SmackyMcSmackers wrote about her the other day, stating she has and old lady purse smell. I don’t think you could put it any better than that. It seriously reminds me of rifling through my mom’s purse when I was a kid; worn out leather, musty old checkbook, with some kinda floral perfume that may have leaked at one point. Nailed it!

Next in that tent is SpellCaster (DocD), Clusterfunk (Bodhi), Pinesoul (Bodhi), Dragon Hammer (DocD), and Irene OG… cleaning that mofo out right now!

32 Likes

I’m sure if I wrote that, I was repeating what I’ve heard. I haven’t grown BH7 or smoked it yet…but I’ve got a clone that’s next up in the tent.

11 Likes

Whoever said it was right! It just resonated with me… I had a little flash-back moment, sneaking into my mom’s purse to look for candy or mints or something, hah!

12 Likes

So excited to see that pinesoul cut in action! That bh7 looks so nice bet that’s going to be some killer smoke I got some Spellcaster 10 x dragon energy from doc to try sometime the Spellcaster sounds great killing it as always @iamyou_youareme

11 Likes

Great job and beautiful plant! And I didn’t think it would make it another 10 days, haha.

9 Likes

She looks well cooked :yum: You are a patient man, went 100 days and couldn’t stand it anymore, lol!

I did’t get a granny’s purse thing, but then I was always rifling for change, and would never stick my nose in there! Purse candy, yeech! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Those were always in the very bottom of the purse, old-ass Certs or something. And Certs were gross even when they were brand-new haha, never understood why my mom ate those. They never even actually freshened your breath.

Plant looks good, looking forward to the smoke report in two or three months haha. Has anybody who’s grown that one posted about the recommended cure length? Or whatever? I only ask because I feel like the longer plants take to finish, the longer they should be cured, too.

8 Likes

lol, I forgot about Certs, but yeah, she definitely had those rolling around in the bottom, probably covered in lint, and god knows what else? Purse candy was definitely a last resort…

haha yeeeaahhhh… It’s gonna be a minute. I’ve sampled everything (even the early BH7 branch I cut) but, it takes me a while to really gather up my thoughts on particular strains. Plus, they change a little bit in the jars, etc. But, so far, from early samples, everything has been really good!

Good question. No information that I’ve seen posted anywhere on curing length. Some stuff does really well on the cure, so I want nail the BH7 drying first! She’s a big ol’ plant, but fortunately, I’ve been able to kind of peel the buds back from the stalk on her and take a peak to make sure there’s no botrytis, she’s good in that respect. Curing seems to vary from plant to plant… I’ve preferred some that are more on the freshly dried side, but I have a feeling, that the BH7 would do well with a nice long 6 month cure.

14 Likes

I’m almost ready to flip the next round of plants.

COB Tent

Pinesoul (Bodhi / Archive’s Clone) | Spell Caster (Doc D / Nobody’sNursery Clone)
Dragon Hammer (Doc D / Nobody’sNursery Clone) | Irene OG (Rudeboi / FarmerJoe’s Clone)
Clusterfunk (Bodhi / OG Member Clone)

Pinesoul - an extreme lemon pinesol f2 goji og cut, very stretchy and robust. 9
weeks.

Can’t find much info out there on here, but so far she’s definitely lanky… I hacked her back a good bit, took some clones and sent some cuts out. If she’s anything like my other Goji’s, she’s gonna be the tallest thing in the tent by the end.

Spell Caster #10 - Bandaid Haze 7 (Doc D) x Headbanger (Karma)

“Stretch is like a normal hybrid under 11/13”
“Spell Caster will seem like it’s never gonna finish in mid/late flower but unlike some haze hybrids that keep reflowering spell caster has a pronounced end that shows up around 70-75 days.”

Dragon Hammer - Dragonsoul (bodhi’s cut) x Afkansastan/X18 Pakistani

“I really like the terps on dragon hammer…it’s got all kinds of familiar smells from the chem diesel kush type family but recombined into its own thing.”

“DH is not very stretchy. It’s medium stretch I guess.”

“yea its basically in the same family as the kush and sour stuff… its different enough to be super intriguing while familiar enough to be called a sour kush… it also has that little magic behind it from the afpak male that makes it super duper happy and it is potent and loud as fuck. it checks every box”

" the only reason i reach for the TK jar more than this one… is so i dont run out of dragon hammer"

“Every night I smoke the dragon hammer when I switch from haze to kush…every night it’s killer. Very tasty and satisfying. Down to my last few bowls until next harvest and I’m gonna miss it.”

Irene OG - from Rudeboi/Grohard

Here’s a post from nspecta @ CSI:Humboldt about the Irene (he’s running her in his outdoor garden this year, along with Giesel):

Irene has her pro’s and con’s…I have a full 4’x4’ bed of her right now, two weeks into flower, that I spent last night picking hundreds of balls off of…to her credit I was also picking balls off Purple Dawg & a handful of various OG cuts. I’ve also had Bubba, SourD, Chemdawgs, Etc., etc. do the same thing at one time or another…so it’s really just another day in the jungle. :jimlad:

With that out of the way…I will say, Irene is one of my absolute favorite smokes out there…the piney dank mouthcoating flavor is so greasy. Irene smells & tastes very very similar to some old 80’s Kush hybrids that we grew around the Emerald Triangle back in the day…everyone who smokes her round here double takes and is like “Is that that old shit” On a final note…for the last two years I’ve been smoking outdoor Irene all winter long…it’s my go to jar almost every time…just my own personal preference though. :woot:

Here’s an 8’ beast of Irene on September 13th about a month or so before she was chopped down…sadly got to busy to take pics come October. o_O

Here’s another link to the podcast where he mentions some more info on her… terrible bag appeal, but oooh-weee smoke?

Also, another post:

Earlier this year…A good friend of mine wanted me to try out this cut he seemed kinda excited about…I said “Ehhh…okay, if I must.”…or something to that effect. :smoky: I put one lowly cut outside in one of the worst spots in my garden (only 5-6 hours of direct sun). I really didn’t notice it much until early October when it started stinkin’ something fierce…that’s when I realized it might be something special. I harvested it around Oct. 14th-17th and once it was dry & bagged up I kinda misplaced it until last week…all I can say is “Wow”…this is one cut that lives up to every bit of hype behind it.

Searching around the net…there’s very little info on this girl…the best info I found (for the most part) was from this deep south fellow who wrote out the quote below, far better than I ever could.

deepsouth said:

Name: Irene Kush

Grade: A+

Type: Hybrid. Feels like 60/40. Not 100% sure, though, because the exact genetics are kind of a mystery.

Genetics: I saw on on the internet that this one is bred in Atlanta and originated from some Cali OG Kush bag seed and breeders in the ATL tinkered around a bit with the genetics. It is so sour that they may have re-crossed it with even more diesel genetic, I’m not sure. It is said to be held by a small group of breeders in the ATL. It is top notch, brings top dollar, can be really rare, however quite plentiful from time to time.

Price: $400-$500/ounce. Around $550-$600 in the ATL. Yes, top notch smoke is pricey in the South.
Looks: Really dense and frosty nuggets with a lot of mature trichromes. Bright green with a lot of orange hairs. Great bag appeal.

Smell: Fueled up, kushed out, sour funky alpine forest is the best way to describe this special bud. It smells a lot like sour fatlighter freshly chopped from a stump in the forest. More sour than your average OG Kush. Heavy on the diesel.
There is a hint of nutmeg and a lot of spice in there for good measure. The smell reminds me of someone cooking some spiced up gourmet food. Any amount of this bud will reek up anything and everything. The scent will stay on your clothes, in your car and house for days it seems without even firing it up.

Taste: The taste is a lot like the smell. Funky, musty dieseled out sour fuel. There is a definite alpine forest flavor drenched in sour turpentine. Mouthwatering and some of the tastiest kush in the South. This is in no way a sweet bud. Totally on the other end of the spectrum. The taste is mouthwatering and very delicious. Even if you are super baked you want to keep hitting it for the taste.

Buzz Type: With the first puff you feel it straight behind the eyes and in your face. After another pull, the extreme head high sets in engulfing your brain. Your face and cheek bones start to tingle and your mind kicks into overdrive thinking of pleasant thoughts. It gives you a lot of energy and you want to go hiking in the mountains or get outdoors. The buzz begins to creep into your chest and makes its way to your thighs. Before long, the buzz has you tingling all over.
A good body to brain buzz ratio, however the buzz is the most intense in your head. One of the best highs I have ever had. It seems to have a good ratio of sativa and indica. It is just what the doctor ordered for pain, anxiety or pretty much anything that may ail you. Every time I smoke this one I am definitely super high and sitting on cloud nine with not a care in the world or a pain in my body.

Buzz Length: Very long, even with a high tolerance. Usually a good 2 to 3 hours from just a few rips of a bong. Even after a week or two of smoking this one it seems to still get you really baked with little tolerance build-up. Once you feel the buzz and taste the delectable flavor you just want to keep hitting it and you are high from dusk until dawn. I love to smoke on this one camping way out in the mountains.

Overall: It is a super dank, high potency bud that does the trick every time. I would give it an A+++, but I will keep A+ as being the top grade. For the smell, taste, looks, potency and buzz it is hard to find a better bud.
I love the purple kushes, Grandaddy Purple’s and hazes for the most part, but this one is top notch and is more potent than most of my favorite buds. I highly recommend this bud if you ever come across it in the Dirty South. –deepsouth

Clusterfunk - Chem JB Cut x 88g13hp

I’ve been told this one really chunks out, not much stretch on her. It’s been a while since I’ve had any 88g13hp crosses, so I’m looking forward to this one. I’ve grown Chem JB x Snow Lotus, and those were pretty cool plants looking back on them. This one is in coco, unlike the other plants in organic soil.

SIP Tent - FarmerJoe Clones

Triangle Kush | Chem 91 / Chemdawg
Bubba Kush (Berger) | Chem D

All these are pretty legendary, I couldn’t fit all the info about these clones in one post, and there’s plenty of info on them out there already.

Chem D needs a good pruning, I still need to pull clones from them all too.

I’m thinking of flipping the other tent first, probably tonight, and the SIP tent in 1.5 / 2 weeks… what do y’all think?

26 Likes

Great post… full of tons of good info! That irene quote was pretty useful and timely for me. The smell description there sounds much better than floral to me but the plucking nanners is also good to know of in advance. Anything you most excited about this round? I’m interested to see how you think the Bubba Kush stacks up against Baba Kush / SSDD.

15 Likes

Wow what he said, great post, and good luck!

4 Likes

Nice!! Sweet info. Thanks for sharing! Lucky as heck to have that Irene cut. Enjoy it!

4 Likes

Your cangshan plants are beautiful! Really nice color, they are loving that soil. That’s so cool that they rooted through the fabric pots.

Is that the original bonsai mother cangshan 1, and a fresh cangshan 2 from clone?

Or are they both fresh clones from the bonsais?

I didn’t take any fresh cuts from mine this spring, but the bonsais I planted outdoor have taken off in the past month or so and are looking much better than they did in spring.

Sorry for my lack of communication recently. Will follow up in PM.

13 Likes

I’m outta likes for the next two hours (hate it when that happens), but I’ve gotta say that I can’t even keep up with you any more haha. Seriously, where the fuck did that COB tent come from? Not the tent itself, but the plants in it. I do not remember at all you mentioning that you had that Spell Caster and the Dragon Hammer.

Anyway… Sounds good! Haha.

I say flip them all now. They’re all gonna finish at different times, even if it’s only a few days apart. I dunno about you, but I like only having to trim a plant or two every 2-3 days. They all look plenty big enough, too, so…

10 Likes

Ya, it sounds pretty appealing in the quote above. I’ve grown the Rudeboi OG out, and she does have this unique smell and flavor that I’m hoping is coming from the Irene side mainly. I wouldn’t really say floral, but savory and robust.

I’m not really worried about nanners anymore, unless it’s really bad, and I’m trying to chuck. Bodhi has used plenty of plants in his breeding that are known to herm. Plenty of other well known breeders have too. I think it’s part of the plant, it’s natural. Unless you’re selling the seeds from breeding with known hermy plants, without really doing some kind of testing… that’s pretty shitty. But otherwise… meh, herms are gonna happen, sometimes even with the most stable of parents.

Yah, pretty much everything, hah! Nah, I’m looking forward to the TK, Irene, and Bubba, only to see if they’re worthy of their reputations. But also, really intrigued by the Dragon Hammer and Spell Caster, I’m digging Doc’s stuff from early samples. Also, I wanna see what’s up with the AfPak dad, cuz I have a pack of Banana OG x Af/pak, and after running the BH7, it will be cool to see her in a cross.

Thanks - I’ll try to pull in more info as I come across it.

Yeah they are digging life out there, handling the elements with no problem. The Cangshan 1 is the original clone you gave me, in its original pot, just sitting on the dirt.

Yup, the Cangshan 2 is from clone. I couldn’t get the CC1 to root in time, so just letting the clone you gave me do her thing… she’s put on a ton of new growth this week, just dancing around in the sun.

Yeah mine too, everything is looking good outside, I’m having to water a lot. I also have a big SC Blue Dream outside and Giesel that have taken off. I also pruned a lot of the inners, trying to push the growth outwards towards the tips.

haha, they’ve been around, lurking, just waiting to get flowered… I feel like a clone junky… “hey man, just one more clone man, that’ll be the one, man… it’ll be the last clone I ever need, and it will get me the highest of any weed out there man… just one more… …”

Yeah the COB tent is getting flipped for sure. There’s almost zero stretch on the Bubba in the SIP tent, so I’m trying to get her a little more bushy, cuz she’s pretty tiny right now. Hoping she’ll take off soon. But, yeah, nice to have the tents at least two weeks apart so I’m not trimming like 8-9 plants all at one time.

17 Likes

BB x T-1000 @ F71

20 Likes

Coming down to the end my friend!

Looks like she’s gonna be a kind of leafy pain to deal with! The BB was a leafy one to begin with, and looks like the T-1000 didn’t make things much better, though I can see a little bit of the T-1000 bud shape trying to pop through. Always interesting when you combine two really different cultivars, sometimes the results are not quite as you imagined.

Hopefully the smoke will be pretty decent and make up for the trimming woes.

Any signs of any intersex issues?

Any thoughts on her before you chop?

Thanks again for testing her out… you ready for that Giesel?

15 Likes

Don’t forget your googles! And by the way with all the frost I see in your stuff you might wanna get some that have protection from snow blindness. :sunglasses:

Wow those are some 'uge leaves

Seriously that’s…3 and a half months of flower time. Lot of weed on it tho and if you guys are talking long cures gonna be what, 6 months till it’s right!?

9 Likes

Yeah, prob 6 months 'til it’s best, but we all know my hands are gonna be in the cookie jar way before that. :smiling_imp:

Bandaid 7 been hanging for about 11 days now, she’s about ready to be trimmed up.

Other tents are doing well, it’s a kinda boring update over here… but everything is ready to rock.

COB Tent got flipped on July 27th

Pinesoul (Bodhi / Archive’s Clone) | Spell Caster (Doc D / Nobody’sNursery Clone)
Dragon Hammer (Doc D / Nobody’sNursery Clone) | Irene OG (Rudeboi / FarmerJoe’s Clone)
Clusterfunk (Bodhi / OG Member Clone)

Taking bets on who’s going to stretch the most… I think Pinesoul is gonna win, but Spell Caster may come in second, with the BH7 in there.

I’m thinking of reversing one of the clones I have going, but I can’t decide. The Pinesoul clone just rooted, so that’s an option… but I also have all the classics from the SIP tent as options too. They’re all little behind the Pinesoul. TK is another I’ve thought to reverse, but seems played out a bit.

It seems a little silly to reverse one, without really knowing which is my favorite… but I also feel it will be a missed opportunity to make some cool crosses while I’m flowering these cuts. I think TK x Pinesoul sounds pretty cool on paper, or Chem 91 x Pinesoul. I’m open to suggestions though…

Triangle Kush | Chem 91 / Chemdawg
Bubba Kush (Berger) | Chem D

Filled up the rezzes this week, the Bubba seems to be moving faster now, maybe she’ll shoot past the Chem D soon and I can get them flipped to flower. I’ve been pinching and bending the TK and Chem 91 to keep them under control, but may have to do some topping right before flipping. The Chem D has been really branchy… not sure if she’s still coming out of re-veg or just like that, but I’ve been pulling all kinds of lower branches out of her.

Beautiful Sunday in Oregon, I got out on the lake for some kayaking… blazed a couple bowls of Baba Kush out there, it fit the setting well!

24 Likes