Testers: Blueberry Diesel

Day 42 from flip. So 6 weeks.
They are swelling massively and pistils are browning off.
I’m thinking these may be done at around 8 weeks.
One of the 3 plants is pushing a lot more trichomes out than the other 2.

20 Likes

Lots of different colors there, and solid looking buds, stellar job!

2 Likes

Cheers buddy. All 3 look totally different.
The middle picture is the one that foxtailed so I snipped the top off it and it made it fatten up like it has. It was a tip I’d got from @Gaz29 a few years back. Worked like a charm. :v:

5 Likes

I have 2 pics for my update.
So far one male has been
Chopped.
The best male and female, rather quickest I have put in a breeding chamber.
3 that are left 1 for sure is a girl, one I’m pretty sure and one looks male.
A day or so will tell that tale.
Have to post 2 times
Not allowed more than one Pic per post as of now.
2 weeks into flower for all.

![20221208_093736|666x500

6 Likes

Oh I took 3 cuts from this
Girl.

11 Likes

Decided to have a check of the trichomes of the lemon pledge smelling plant.
Thoughts???

14 Likes

I’d recheck in three more days. That first pic has some nice amber but the last two are void of any. Couple more days I think.

Grundle

2 Likes

I plan on giving them as long as I can. The first trichome picture is of the top of the main cola so it’s expected that it matures a little quicker. I’m hoping that I can take one so it’s dried for Christmas smoke but if it isn’t it’s no big deal.
That one single plant is maturing mega quickly and out of all 3 is the one I like the look of most.

2 Likes

You can always harvest the top first and the other buds later. But for me the best smoke of indicas, is when there is no cloudy trichs in sight. Its all up to you, how you like to smoke it.

Pz :v:t2:

1 Like

Blueberry and diesel is about a 70/30 indica/sativa hybrid.
Indica is what I enjoy/use for pain medication. With indica leaning hybrids I usually like to see around 25% amber.
This plant though is only 44 days from flip so not even 7 weeks yet hence why I broke the microscope out.
I think I’ll give it one more week and check the trichomes again just to be sure. :+1:

1 Like

This is not the Blueberry Diesel you can google to find info about. This is a cross that @anonymous4289 made and named himself and its Blueberry Pie x Chem Fuego. So it’s unknown what the times will be.

3 Likes

True.
I know the lemon smell wasn’t expected and its what it’s giving off mostly with everyone.
My other 2 plants will likely hit the 9 to 10 week point as throwing pistils daily so will be well into the new year for them finishing.
I’m not chopping anything until I get 25% amber anyway.
Thanks for your input @LonelyOC :+1:

3 Likes

What is the high like when there are no cloudy trichs @LonelyOC ? I have yet to try that and I love indicas.

1 Like

More cerebral and more couch lock :grin:
You’ll have higher thc at this point then when you have cloudy trichs present.

1 Like

I’m for sure gonna try that next. Thank you.

1 Like

My guess the lemon is coming from the cherry limeade side from the cherry west bx @Esrgood4u

3 Likes

my guess is that the lemon pledge is coming from the og kush in the headband in the chem fuego, but who knows.

4 Likes

The lemon smell seems to be the prominent smell both me and @Rhai88 are getting. This here though is the point in testing seeds. Let’s see if we get more of the same smells coming from the other seeds that were sent out. What I can say is I’ve not had any blueberry smells at all BUT the lemon smell has more than made up for it. Plants are weird like that. :v:

5 Likes

Some terps have a very complex genetic makeup. A single switch of a gene from recessive to dominant can change everything. It’s pretty normal and you’ll probably find a very good Blueberry in the “F2” :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Depends
I like mine like that or close but I like less stone.
I notices flavors come
Go
And come out again as they
Finish.
It’s what will work for you
Best is the way to go.

1 Like