Testers: Soloberry #2 and #3

i only ran the soloberry untopped. i’m curious how they will grow topped. outdoors they had a basic christmas tree structure, 6 feet tall. right now i’m running a ‘black triangle x solo stash’ using the same solo stash male as the soloberries. i would say it has a thick christmas tree structure, but it’s 9 or 10 feet tall. not giant bushes or anything, probably because i planted directly into the soil.

5 Likes

how did those orange goji turn out shiska? I’ve see that strain popping up quite a bit on here.

4 Likes

Excellent she’s earned a permanent spot in the grow room .

5 Likes

I will definitely give it a shot on topping :grin: just figured I’d ask and see as I have little knowledge or (no)experience with either. Looking forward to it

3 Likes

Just came across this, I’m interested if there is still room. Would probably be able to pop some in about a month.

3 Likes

you’re on the list undead

3 Likes

We just topped out plants for the first time in our indoor super easy wait tell they are about 5 nodes tall the cut the newest one off so it splits it. Super simple just don’t hit the new nodesbon the side. My goal is to try every method atleast once or twice

2 Likes

Hey bro got my seeds in today. Just a heads up, the post office is pretty rough on mail so you might wanna invest in some corrugated plastic to ship with. Not bitching about free seeds just dont want you to keep getting your beans smashed. 5 of the #2 and 6 of the #3 made it safe. The rest… well they are smushed. Thanks again and I’m stoked to try these out.

2 Likes

Soloberrys made it but it looks like it was a rough trip.

3 Likes

shit. I thought 3 sheets of paper would do the trick. i should have realized that could have happened.

4 Likes

All good man. Just wanted you to know for future reference. I like the centrifuge tubes from Amazon. They are cheap as hell and work well. But I would say go with a corrugated plastic yard sign. Just cut to size and put seeds in the little channel. Cheap and works well. Thanks again my friend. I’ll be in touch soon.

5 Likes

I just opened my mail to discover that my seeds were smashed also, I appear to have 1 #2 and 2 #3 that look like they werent smashed. I will see what I can do with them. Thanks for sending them.

Another option for shipping is to put them in a coin flip with a hose washer in place of the coin, and the seeds inside of the washer, and the coin flip taped shut. If you tape that to a piece of paper so it doesn’t slide around it can pass through for the price of a regular stamp.

8 Likes

fuck. looks like all seeds were smashed. I’m going to resend to everyone that wants new ones. I just ordered some of those centrifuge tubes off amazon so they are supposed to be here in the next couple days. Also ordered some bubble mailers so I wont mess it up this time ( also next couple days). If you received smashed seeds please let me know so I can send a new pack your way. sorry everyone, I didn’t expect this to happen but i’ll make up for it.

9 Likes

I received my package today as well. SB2 was completely obliterated. SB3 looks like it may have 3/4 intact beans.

3 Likes

alright, i’ll resend everyone proper packages in the next few days

9 Likes

Good call @monkeyman. I’ll have to try that one.

4 Likes

All good man. Shit happens. At least you have more!!

5 Likes

Well I didnt realize they would arrive this fast , i didnt get mine but i am on mail watch, i hope there not crushed. monkeyman does a great job of packing I can assure you of that! an artist he is(in my best yoda voice)

5 Likes

I use something like that from amazon as well, bought them for something else freezing vials. bought the vials and mylar heat sealable envelopes was less then $20 for 100 each, but i saw some one I think Hugh_glass say he was shipping in 1/4 inch airline tube , that would be real inexpensive.

4 Likes

Haven’t checked my mail today yet but will let you know when they arrive.

2 Likes