Testing Monkey Brains🐒🍌

Nothing is going to burn up to 1300 PPM, so tossing a plant that is starving isn’t really testing at 1100 TBH. If you want to use it as an experiment, make some food just for that plant and hit it at 1700 PPM.

Keep the others where you like and watch it pass them up in 2 weeks.
:wink:

6 Likes

Lol should have worded that better… Typically I wouldn’t keep it around because it’s runty but it’s a test so all the females get to live their lives out lol

However back to what I was saying about it, it’s not drinking at all… like I havent watered it since I watered them all in at transplant, that’s most of the issue… Still growing, oddly, just like a literal sip a day

2 Likes

Yes most likely due to rotted roots from sitting a bit damp early on.

It’s the same thing I saw when I tried fine pith coco years ago. Very temperamental in the beginning until you get a good root base in to it then it’s still just okay in my experience. It was always a struggle using an automated system with timed feedings until the plants got 12" to 16".

I still think you should use it as an experiment aka lesson and see if you can bring it back to health. If it dies it dies.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

6 Likes

Heard… Will do sir!

Update shortly after…
Added 15g megacrop to 1gal - 1740PPM
Watered with 3/4gal, runoff started after about a half gallon…let it finish dripping and put her back in the closet… we shall see.

3 Likes

Do you use exclusively the big chunks then or a mix? I put about 10-20% chunks in with a bag of the regular stuff and it seems like a pretty good consistency.

The chunky stuff is really nice though, very spongey and aerated. I’m tempted to try a plant with just that but worry it would dry out too fast.

4 Likes

I use pre washed coco croutons exclusively and have for several years. When it’s brand new it needs to be prepped by soaking it for 24 hours then I drain it and water every 24 hours. Once it is broke in (because I use it over and over) it will hold moisture better and be able to go two to three days provided your not in desert conditions.

Thing you’ll like is it can not be compacted no matter how hard you try and oxygen is always available to the roots.

3 Likes

Nice, maybe I’ll chuck a seedling I have into a one gallon of the stuff and give it a try.

1 Like

The middle since I fed them lol

10 Likes

7 Likes

After vacation I’m totally sprucing up the closet haha

2 Likes

Ha! I thought of this!

3 Likes

@LED_Seedz two days after 1750ppm still looking heavy but…

Before

After

10 Likes

She’s definitely picked up!

4 Likes

Got a lil pep in that step.

5 Likes

She’s coming back. Almost there.

1 Like

A little growth and starting to pray

5 Likes

Day 18F - Monkey Brains
Haven’t moved much vertically in a couple days so stretch may be done for now

Starting to pick up some resins on the leaves

I’m glad the one stayed small otherwise there wouldn’t be any room for them all but there barely is now lol

11 Likes

Bit of an update before vacation!

12 Likes

Looking quite happy now. Getting any smells yet?

3 Likes

I am but kinda jumbled… nothing decipherable just yet… Starting to stack for sure though and frosting early as usual haha

3 Likes