TestOfOath's Happy Place

I gave up on the high temp. Just trying to keep the temp around 70-80. Got hot a few times. Cold a few times. But not to cold. I rather run the ac to be honest. Ac fan is the best for my lights. Got some right below it. Been cleaning most of the day. Shop vacuum is a good tool to have around. Been lucky the grow room hasn’t flooded this time around. My grape has come back around. A guy says he has one of my plants. Also gsc and ww. I dropped the grape and grapefruit you gave me. I see wings. I got some Afghan been having problems with the seeds. I see the are coming up.

3 Likes

Just be careful with humidity swings and possible bud rot depending at which stage of bud your at.

Nice to have air movement even if it cools the room faster!

4 Likes

Wow, rough, I’ve been pretty rock solid at 70. The basement helps and I run lights 24 hrs.

3 Likes

So there was some good and some bad while I was gone plowing. Good news is everything is breeding project is recovering phenomenally. Bad news is apparently PM had taken a good hold on my bigger Cookieland and I hadn’t noticed it all, had to space the top nugs out cause they’re too close together and have been spraying the tent down since… Btw they’re not the prettiest nugs and have been thoroughly neglected but. Those Cookieland are like grabbing a rock @Purple-N-Hairy , there is virtually no give when you squeeze a nug. Unfortunately I’d say Cookieland is susceptible to mold and mildew, though we all know I don’t have the most clean environment right now and it’s far from what a happy healthy plant needs I just wanted to give ya the info I’ve collected

Also think there’s something going on in the tent I’m not aware of or haven’t figured out yet, my turgor pressure in the flowering plants has been just complete ass, doesn’t matter if the rh is high or low, soil is wet or dry, they have the same turgor pressure the entire time and just look… Idk flimsy? Wiggly? Wet? Droopy? Just visibly low turgor pressure throughout whole plants.

Everything got just about full strength Green Cleaner and Plant Therapy mixed to deal with spider mites and what little the essential oils do for the PM, the alcohol in PT helps a tiny bit. So this morning the tent got a real heavy hydrogen peroxide (like I just kept squirting it in for a good 20 seconds) and 5ml green cleaner mix. I’ll do straight hydrogen peroxide if I need to… I’ve been feeding 5-10x RAW silica cause I’d seen in one of the PM threads some fancy ass commercial grower or some shit say none of his plants that got fed heavy silica got PM… I call bullshit at this point it hasn’t changed anything for me

The bigger area is gonna get sulfur treatments soon, I’m hoping to smoke or make wax out of what’s left after shucking in the tent or I’d spray that too but it’s my first time with sulfur and I don’t wanna smoke it just quite yet :joy:

@Purple-N-Hairy’s Cookieland I’m embarrassingly beating the fuck out of…

I don’t have "nug spreaders’ necessarily to do what I wanted to so yes there’s a lighter and bolt holding things apart for more airflow.

Apparently forgot to take pics of smaller Cookieland but it’s in visually better shape than the bigger, though it’s had smaller nugs with it’s smaller stature the whole time

Supafreak doing it’s thing, makes seeds so easy to check on :joy::joy::joy: they’re all 40% visible and I can watch them change colors daily, just started getting some real light brown mature ones out of all that green
White Thunder looking pretty and frosty but with maybe the least turgor pressure of all the plants in there, motherfucker just doesn’t want to stop skipping leg days

And finally the Blue Moon Rocks showing off, it’s very unexpectedly my favorite plant in the tent nug wise

15 Likes

You would be surprised that how much they want to live.

4 Likes

Yes, one of the things I love about the Cookieland’s mother, my prized GSC, is how dense her buds are. I know this can be an issue for bud rot, even though it’s not been a problem in my garden (I tend to run a low RH to avoid this).

One of the reasons I crossed her with the Candyland is to get some less dense buds that are more resistant to rot, but we don’t always get what we expect, do we? It sounds like your Cookieland takes more after her mother, which is normally a good thing - but not if you’re getting bud rot.

Sorry to hear the news, @TestOfOath. Sounds like you have your hands full with more than one challenge than just the issues with the Cookielands. :grimacing:

EDIT: Some people are going to wonder what turgor pressure is. High turgor pressure (hypotonic) is what is wanted. Here’s a simple video to help understand:

4 Likes

Potassium controls water uptake in a plant, silica helps strengthen stems and branches.

I would add some potassium silicate to your water once a week to stop them going droopy and increase internal pressure.

4 Likes

I love this stuff. I just “trained” over my Cherry Festival in 1/2 by crushing the main stem and then bending it over. The stem cracked in half and 24 hours later all the growth has turned upwards towards the light.

Would I have considered doing this if it hadn’t been fed silica from it’s birth? HELLS NO.

EDIT: Seriously, here’s my proof:

(the green stripe you see is the INSIDE of the stem :man_shrugging: )

5 Likes

If I didn’t have potassium silicate would high potassium nutes with silica added more or less do the same thing? I’ve been backing off on everything cause I’d been over doing everything trying to combat so many things on so many different plants

3 Likes

Sounds similar, what are the ratios :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m not 100% convinced any of it is botrytis just yet but I get where you’d think that was the case, honestly I think it was just really bad PM that I didn’t catch anywhere near soon enough. Also I wouldn’t say the Cookieland itself is having problems, more like it’s dealing with MY problems and trying to survive in an inhospitable habitat

5 Likes

I’ve got soil amendments I could basically make any ratio with and water soluble nutes like RAW bloom that’d add up to 19-15-38 NPK or bloom all in one that’s 3-12-12 or roots organics that’d add up to be 3.5-13-22

2 Likes

This is the stuff I use.

3 Likes

I could do my CannaStart and kelps mixed together and they’d be real low NP and tiny bit higher K, like 1.5-1-3.5 with calcium, copper, zinc, and molybdenum, and silica in the mix, what do you think?

2 Likes

@Shadey how do you find the pro-silic?

I use their gro-silic after doing all my reasearch so i’m curious how they compare?

4 Likes

I’ve been using this with decent results . image

6 Likes

I just rawdogged mine no silica…turned up towards light within twelve hours, she was stretching so hard I did it with almost no hesitation lol

Am I interested in this potassium silicate indeed I am !!

4 Likes

I definitely saw a big difference in the weight the branches can handle after I started to use it regularly, also allows for better branch and stem bending or cracking lol. The crack and bend is needed to be done just before watering is needed, rather than just snap off when they are all pumped up with water. I also use it for up PHing my water if I go to far down.

Not sure what the difference between the Gro and Pro versions.

4 Likes

That should help them out, just go easy they dont need much. Half to 1 teaspoon a gallon of water of the liquid pro silicate.

2 Likes

Silica Powder
^That should do the trick way cheaper than most bottled silica’s. 5lb bag for $78. And it’s natural and organic. :slight_smile:

3 Likes