TestOfOath's Happy Place

Nice looking plant , with the right pheno very potent!! , I like the bottle for reference, I tend to do the same thing. :+1::+1::v:

3 Likes

Your like me. Get to much going on. Still early in the year. You have a nice green house.

2 Likes

@Pigeonman check these bad girls out, whatcha think?

Do you happen to know how to make/harvest seeds from them? What’s a male even look like? A lot harder to find info on tobacco than weed :joy:

10 Likes

Your growing tobacco?

2 Likes

Those flowers will be needing topping. They need suckling. I’m not sure if that’s the right name. I haven’t messed with tobacco since I was a kid.

4 Likes

HOT DAMN! :fire: !!!

They will self pollenate to my understanding! :D. Keep an eye on the flowers as they dry out into pods filled with 1000’s of tiny seebs!!!

I only had 1-2 plants gifted to me at the time so I ended up letting go full tilt until they were almost dried out, then I clipped the pods into a container to let fully dry out and then crushed with gloves on to get the treasure contained within.

Great work @TestOfOath !

6 Likes

Got a new security system for the outdoor , 4 pit bulls. :rofl: the littlest female my little sidekick Marley is the one you gotta worry about the most. Lightning quick and an attitude :joy::rofl:. Good luck getting away from her!!!

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

I had removed the flowers by topping everything when they first started to flower, said it makes the leaves larger. But they just came back 2x as strong so I figured I’d let em run their cycle this time

4 Likes

I know you’ve probably got the greenhouse all finished by now, but I wanted to chime in and say I work on a farm and wiggle wire should not be more than a buck or two per strip. We get it in bulk, obviously, but you can get it for $2/ea 6’ lengths from here:

I’ve also seen people DIY it using PVC pipe cut in half as the spring lock in the tracks to hold the plastic, if that’s something you’ve got around.

4 Likes

I bought some of those with the greenhouse, think I only did 16 ft of 24 on each side, might’ve done the whole length I’d have to look :grin: coolest shit I’ve ever seen for securing the cover and much nicer than my clamps all over the frame holding it :joy:. My next goal is to build walls on each end so it’s completely enclosed. That’s gonna come with a bunch of it’s own shit to figure out like circulation and everything

5 Likes

Ventilation near the peak of the greenhouse is important, we have a triangle that lowers down to let the heat out, as well as opening the front and back doors.

6 Likes

19 Likes

Looking good. I told you to give me a job. Lol

3 Likes

Apparently I’m not the best at starting autos in dirt and transferring into hydro, probably doesn’t help I was impatient. Either way the two are dampening off for sure, had hit em with peroxide a week ago. Sprouting another future #1 auto and two forum stomper autos from here. The other 3 have took hold and are growing so they should be going fine soon

10 Likes

I used the vertical paper towel method for transferring plants into DWC. I sprout them vertical, and then when the seedling gets tall enough I put it in hydro. I don’t use the hydrotron, though.

9 Likes

Those babies in the hydroton are almost comical! :rofl: :heart:

4 Likes

Hey, two of em decided it wasn’t the worst :joy: but two also decided wtf am I doing here with only a tap root? Mixture of impatience and unpreparedness lol, I always learn the hard way :joy:

4 Likes

Does it being vertical truly make a difference? I’m sprouting 2 more with 1 in paper towel while I’m away a couple days at work but I just laid it flat, what’s the science behind the orientation of the plant being more beneficial vertically? Cause that’s how they’d naturally grow? Does gravity play a factor?

Sorry for 20 questions, I’m high and forever curious lol

5 Likes