TGA Genetics Tester Diary - Queen Annes Revenge - Headspace

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: Lab plant testing for sex ID

Guys please continue your discussion regarding sex determination here:

2 Likes

Culled the 2 males this morning. Stronger taproot on the top one, pretty similar size and structure besides that.

6 Likes

Really cool. Do you take any guesses?

1 Like

Nope but there’s 10 left that aren’t identified.

1 Like

With a Saturday night spent making some exhaust modifications, temps are ranging in the 70-74° range instead of the mid-eighties.

3 Likes

That will make a difference!

2 Likes

Day 25 from germination, under 200 watts of flourescent. They are getting used to the #1 containers since transplant. Not yet ready for next watering/feeding. On the Queen Annes Revenge, they are all 3 looking similar, with two confirmed females through genetic testing and one unidentified. There tag numbers are 1, 4 and 5. On the Head Space, there are 9, none sexed. There are 3 styles of Head Space - short - medium - tall. And 3 of each. The temps are ranging 72-74° and the humidity is in the 20-30% range. The new mix is roughly 60-70% coco. Enjoy the pics. Pic 1 - Queen Annes Revenge #1 - pic 2 is all 3 Queen Annes Revenge - pic 3 is Queen Annes Revenge #4 - pic 4 is a Head Space Group Shot

6 Likes

Good job! Everything is looking very healthy.

2 Likes

Here is a group shot from yesterday. Queen Annes Revenge on the far left, Head Space on the right.

5 Likes

Day 29 from germination. They are all green and happy. They have had their first feeding of tea and are settling in to the peat/coco mix. Temperatures are ranging from 74-78°, and my humidity is lower than I’d like, in the 20-25% range, due to summer conditions. Not enough to add a humidifier but not perfect. Pretty basic veg setup. Waterproof poly, some mylar, a 200 watt flourescent, circulation fan and a 4" exhaust
Head Space mid size seedling. There are 3 of these.

Head Space short seedling. There are 3 nearly identical.

Head Space tall seedling. There are also 3 of these.
Head Space group shot
Queen Annes Revenge group shot.

Queen Annes Revenge #4

8 Likes

Looking good. I got some QAR I am going to pop soon and some cherry cordial. Following.

3 Likes

Thanks, I saw your thread. Will be watching yours as well.

2 Likes

Quick update for day 31, just to show a picture and say that they are loving the compost tea. They are on the veg portion of Botanicare Organic Compost Tea. I’m running mid seventies for temps, humidity is back into the thirties.
Cheers!
Bigkuz

8 Likes

33 days from germination. Temps range 76-78% with 30% rh. Transplant shock is over, they seem settled, happy and growing. The 3 QAR are all still pretty similar structure and stature with noticable size and shape differences in the fan leaves. A stem rub of QAR is giving off a light but sharp funk. Of the 9 Head Space, 3 are short and viny with tight nodes. 3 are middle size with big fans and fat stalk. 3 are tall but with bushy nodes.

2 Likes

Day 33 pics, see above post for briefing.
Cheers!
Bigkuz

7 Likes

40 days from germination. Temps have been 74-78°F with 30%rh. Feeding organic compost. Head Space are grouped to the left. Queen Annes Revenge is on the far right. I’ve got some short, some tall. Some wide internodes and some super tight. Let’s find out the sex over the next week or so, and start picking favorites. They are now under 160 watts full spectrum LED and 200 watts cool white flourescent. I do 24 hour veg. This is to get initial height with less branches to lollipop. Once they get to this height I FIM them to send auxins lower and encourage side-branching and switch to 18/6 light period. Both FIM and light schedule were done yesterday. Video updates are available on @bigkuz68 on instagram.

Cheers,
Bigkuz

7 Likes

Found a couple males, 1 of each strain. They are still around, I like to really be sure.

After a feeding including probiotics and enzymes I FIM. I typically see white dashes or scoring on the stalk in the following days. I have not seen a seed plant shoot roots at 42 days from germination. This is Head Space tag #4 and I will be keeping an eye on it for exceptional vigor. No confirmed sex yet.

6 Likes

Confirmed AXVP1 as a female, Phylosbioscience had tested it as a female. Meet Queen Annes Revenge #1

5 Likes

Head Space 4, 5, 6, and 7, all confirmed females.

8 Likes