TGA Genetics Tester Diary - Queen Annes Revenge - Headspace

As long as it pans out, this would eliminate the use of fem seeds for a lot of folks.

4 Likes

Day 21 from germination. Transplanted into #1 containers and watered in with compost tea. They are now under a 200 watt flourescent. Not root bound but ready.

9 Likes

Thanks for this killer test Love including Phylos :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, good recommendation from you Sub. Good service, the samples are showing as “Plated” so I should have results tomorrow!

2 Likes

I see weve hit up the back page once or twice have we hahaha

3 Likes

hey, you have to follow the fight for freedom wherever it leads! :smiley:

“In a civilised society, it is the duty of all citizens to obey just laws. But at the same time it is the duty of all citizens to disobey unjust laws.”

• Martin Luther King Jr.
5 Likes

I had no clue martin luther king said that but its how ive always felt like dont kill nobody cool im down with that tell. Me to not smoke not gonna go down so well overgrow the government overgrow the World

2 Likes

The results are in! Got 2 males and 2 females out of the 4 Queen Annes Revenge that were tested. Props to Phylos, 24 hour turnaround from receiving the samples.

Cheers!

8 Likes

3 days - that is quick! Thanks for sharing… 15$ per plant is acceptable and tests save some time.

3 Likes

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: Lab plant testing for sex ID

Guys please continue your discussion regarding sex determination here:

2 Likes

Culled the 2 males this morning. Stronger taproot on the top one, pretty similar size and structure besides that.

6 Likes

Really cool. Do you take any guesses?

1 Like

Nope but there’s 10 left that aren’t identified.

1 Like

With a Saturday night spent making some exhaust modifications, temps are ranging in the 70-74° range instead of the mid-eighties.

3 Likes

That will make a difference!

2 Likes

Day 25 from germination, under 200 watts of flourescent. They are getting used to the #1 containers since transplant. Not yet ready for next watering/feeding. On the Queen Annes Revenge, they are all 3 looking similar, with two confirmed females through genetic testing and one unidentified. There tag numbers are 1, 4 and 5. On the Head Space, there are 9, none sexed. There are 3 styles of Head Space - short - medium - tall. And 3 of each. The temps are ranging 72-74° and the humidity is in the 20-30% range. The new mix is roughly 60-70% coco. Enjoy the pics. Pic 1 - Queen Annes Revenge #1 - pic 2 is all 3 Queen Annes Revenge - pic 3 is Queen Annes Revenge #4 - pic 4 is a Head Space Group Shot

6 Likes

Good job! Everything is looking very healthy.

2 Likes

Here is a group shot from yesterday. Queen Annes Revenge on the far left, Head Space on the right.

5 Likes

Day 29 from germination. They are all green and happy. They have had their first feeding of tea and are settling in to the peat/coco mix. Temperatures are ranging from 74-78°, and my humidity is lower than I’d like, in the 20-25% range, due to summer conditions. Not enough to add a humidifier but not perfect. Pretty basic veg setup. Waterproof poly, some mylar, a 200 watt flourescent, circulation fan and a 4" exhaust
Head Space mid size seedling. There are 3 of these.

Head Space short seedling. There are 3 nearly identical.

Head Space tall seedling. There are also 3 of these.
Head Space group shot
Queen Annes Revenge group shot.

Queen Annes Revenge #4

8 Likes