TGA Genetics Tester Diary - Queen Annes Revenge - Headspace

Looking good. I got some QAR I am going to pop soon and some cherry cordial. Following.

3 Likes

Thanks, I saw your thread. Will be watching yours as well.

2 Likes

Quick update for day 31, just to show a picture and say that they are loving the compost tea. They are on the veg portion of Botanicare Organic Compost Tea. I’m running mid seventies for temps, humidity is back into the thirties.
Cheers!
Bigkuz

8 Likes

33 days from germination. Temps range 76-78% with 30% rh. Transplant shock is over, they seem settled, happy and growing. The 3 QAR are all still pretty similar structure and stature with noticable size and shape differences in the fan leaves. A stem rub of QAR is giving off a light but sharp funk. Of the 9 Head Space, 3 are short and viny with tight nodes. 3 are middle size with big fans and fat stalk. 3 are tall but with bushy nodes.

2 Likes

Day 33 pics, see above post for briefing.
Cheers!
Bigkuz

7 Likes

40 days from germination. Temps have been 74-78°F with 30%rh. Feeding organic compost. Head Space are grouped to the left. Queen Annes Revenge is on the far right. I’ve got some short, some tall. Some wide internodes and some super tight. Let’s find out the sex over the next week or so, and start picking favorites. They are now under 160 watts full spectrum LED and 200 watts cool white flourescent. I do 24 hour veg. This is to get initial height with less branches to lollipop. Once they get to this height I FIM them to send auxins lower and encourage side-branching and switch to 18/6 light period. Both FIM and light schedule were done yesterday. Video updates are available on @bigkuz68 on instagram.

Cheers,
Bigkuz

7 Likes

Found a couple males, 1 of each strain. They are still around, I like to really be sure.

After a feeding including probiotics and enzymes I FIM. I typically see white dashes or scoring on the stalk in the following days. I have not seen a seed plant shoot roots at 42 days from germination. This is Head Space tag #4 and I will be keeping an eye on it for exceptional vigor. No confirmed sex yet.

6 Likes

Confirmed AXVP1 as a female, Phylosbioscience had tested it as a female. Meet Queen Annes Revenge #1

5 Likes

Head Space 4, 5, 6, and 7, all confirmed females.

8 Likes

Queen Annes Revenge #4 was tested as female through Phylos Bioscience and was visually confirmed female.

3 Likes

50 days from germination we have dark green leaves and happy plants. A few ruffled FIM leaves, and a little shock getting them into #3 pots and staking them. They have bamboo and plant stands. Heavier mix in these pots, no coco, they have been sucking down water and I like more time between waterings. I’m figuring 7-10 days until flipping them to 12/12. Temps have been mid seventies and humidity around 30%. Feeding Botanicare Organic Compost Tea Grow, B vitamins, enzymes and microbes. The last picture shows a hashtag you can punch in on instagram that will show you only video updates on this particular grow, #hsqar (initials for both these strains).

Cuttings have been taken from Head Space 4 and 7 during lollipopping. The others weren’t large enough yet.

5 Likes

How often have you FIM’d your crops? Successful, how often? It’s a hit n miss huh? There has to be a specific technique that constantly works. I think it’s Practice!

2 Likes

I only FIM once, midway through veg. For me it depends on the genetics, some respond well to FIM, some topping, some natural. I haven’t met a strain yet that didn’t improve from a good lollipopping.

3 Likes

Here we are at 57 days from germination. Nearly ready for flowering. Stacking nice internodes and loving their 3 gallon pots and compost tea. Low 70s temps, 30%rh, cruise control until triggering. 5 Head Space females and 2 Queen Annes Revenge.

5 Likes

I’ve taken cuts of Head Space # 4,7,8 and Queen Annes Revenge #4. Head Space #7 shot roots before any others. By the time these are ready to flower, I should know if I have a keeper to hold back as a clone donor.

5 Likes

are those individual plant numbers or did you have 8 distinct phenotypes ??

1 Like

Plant numbers. Males were culled, phenotypes have not been identified yet. Leaving me with Head Space 4,5,6,7,8 and Queen Annes Revenge 1 and 4.

3 Likes

Great idea. Unfortunately they don’t ship everywhere. Bummed!

2 Likes

Probably risky at this time, even though you’re only mailing leaf residue. Hopefully you can get access at some point. Phylos Bioscience was 100% accurate.

2 Likes

I just got these testers along w Neal Cassady. I should prob start em

2 Likes