TGA Subcool Gear

I appreciate it. I’ve been browsing around. I’m trying to familiarize myself with the forum format. I’m not really looking for free seeds but there’s a couple strains I’m looking for and I’d trade a lot for them. It seems like a good community and I love the preservation work!

4 Likes

Here you go, Explaining user trust levels and permissions

4 Likes

Thank you for the info!

1 Like

You are basic and can’t sign-up until Member Tl2

2 Likes

6 rooted cuts of Golden Ticket Chernobyl :grin::grin::grin:

20 Likes

Is anyone still running qurkel or qrazy train?

2 Likes

I am! I made F2s of Querkle back in like 2012 or so. Someone in here was asking for them so I sent them away but I took 2 beans before they left just to see if they were still viable. Turned out I got a boy and a girl, so might as well make F3s right?!

The male is already on his way out. I used his pollen on a few of my indoor gals (Illudium, SS4, Lucky Fruit) and they’re happily making seeds. I saved a bit more pollen to make F3 when the gal is good and ready.

22 Likes

Umm yes please!

Chernobyl

8 Likes

Someone liked this post and I realized that I should link to it here

4 Likes

Just picked these up from MzJill. Scarlet Queen from Subcool TGA. I’m about to bust out all my tricks to try and get these seeds from 2001 to pop. Wish me luck, I may need it.

9 Likes

Give this a read, JohnnyPotseed’s Germination Technique

I’m pretty sure Scarlet Queen was created in 2006 and released between then and 2007. Also. That’s not at all what TGA packaging looked like back then. I can’t explain it anymore than that. They used plain clear baggies with white labels for their first couple years that I remember.

Here this post backs me up…

I think TGA was born around 2005-2006… sure Sub worked with cannabis well before that… and Scarlet Queen is old… Just not that old. Scarlet Queen didn’t stick around long… was replaced with Astroqueen… and I think the Flav replaced that.

5 Likes

Anyone been running any cheesequake?

These are probably bunk as mr Jill had nothing to do with the dank but happy grow and best of luck!

1 Like

Based on the packaging, the Scarlet Queen seeds are from no earlier than 2017. That is approximately when Subcool and MzJill split up, their house burned down, and he moved to Arizona and started Subcool’s The Dank. Regardless, it sounds like a really good cross.

2 Likes

Im wondering too. They look nearly exactly like the current MzJill packs, but she’s never used “the Dank”. She will use TGA, but rumor has it Sub kept “the Dank” when they divided assets.

Like, this is marked “TGA” but she wouldn’t use the dank. The pack on the right looks like a legit, but modern pack from MzJill.

1 Like

I have a few seeds of Querkle from the original release probably 20 years ago. I haven’t tried them because I had lots of space queen stuff and tons of Urkle crosses. But now I’m thinking it might be worth tying out?

4 Likes

Yea MzJill shouldn’t be selling anything with the Dank branding unless he left it to her in his will or something, he made that IP his when he gave up the TGA brand to her in mediation after their breakup:

https://hightimes.com/news/rebirth-subcool-inside-story-legendary-bud-breeder/

4 Likes

That cursive 2001 looks more like something you’d find on a pack from overseas, like Attitude. No way them beans are from then.

3 Likes