That Baseball-Cards Smell

I’m after a terp profile I’ve experienced in chem and sour lines. Probably cause I’m young, and haven’t grown out the pure stuff I don’t know where it’s coming from. Someone here probably knows…

To me it smells like brand new baseball or Pokémon cards, the smell of the foil packaging as it opens. That smell-memory is just the one I associate with it. Most people would just say “plastic” but all chem would fall into that category. It’s that new car, new plastic.

It’s more clean and airy, not the super funky burning rubber, but the pine-adjacent kindof crisp lung-opening smell…

Is this sounding like a plant you know? I’m thinking the answer could be as simple as “chem4” or something, like I said I haven’t grown the pure cuts.

It’s popped out on me in populations of sour and chem crosses from seed. I had worked for a guy who had this characteristic locked down in a seed line, but he lost it in wildfire. It was a headband/chem, f somethin, he says 91 but you know…

Now that I’ve got my own and can carry out preservation, I’m wanting to pickup seed in which I’m likely to see phenos like this.

1 Like

I have no idea honestly. I’m from the era of mass produced rough cardboard sports cards. So to me that smell is more musty cardboard and wax pack that has been imprinted with the thought of opening a pack of cards. Not the more modern foil pack and gloss cards.

5 Likes

Last time I bought Hockey cards, they came with a strip of stale gum. THAT was the smell you brought to my brain…mmm that powdery sweet/stale bubblegum smell all over the cards, would be awesome if my bodega bubblegum had that terp profile. I’m gonna put my dentures in an find me some old hallowe’en candy now… hey was there any gum in those Pokemon cards? I think my 20 somethings might have some intact packages that I could destroy the value of…

5 Likes

Naw definitely no gum in Pokémon cards.

LOL we’re talkin those 1996-2004 baseball cards. Upper deck was the strongest smelling if I remember correctly.

It’s a difficult smell to describe, very unique. Most people would say “new plastic” for sure.

I smell a lot of things in cannabis… I swear cherry smells like a wet penny.

Yep, that’s the smell I thought of when I read this title.

Though I know the smell of fresh ink from a pack of MTG cards back in the day is what @HumbleBudlings is talking about. Not anything I can think of smelling in weed before.

2 Likes

Does anyone remember the smell of Mimiograph or Ditto paper?
That would be a hella terp…LMAO

2 Likes

Oh hell ya, what a day it was when I got to go to the mimeo machine room. Mighta been the first time I got hotboxed, lol. that purple ink…i never exhaled lol

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:…20 Chars

1 Like

You get this smell with new board games, too. It’s like new book smell, but more inky I suppose. I have a vivid memory of the smell from a World of Warcraft box set with lots of printed material. Books, leaflets, cardboard pieces, the photo album wasted most pungent.

I was asking myself why the hell you would want your weed to taste like that, then it hit me. It’s the ”you gotta try this“ combined with nostalgia. I’m on board now; definitely following.

2 Likes

The Topps baseball cards used to have a stick of gum in the pack. My dad worked in the Topps chewing gum factory when i was a kid, loved it when he’d bring me & my sis that orange box of all different kinds of gum and candy. Memories :blush:

1 Like