That Narcotic Effect - Strain

I read that there’s a strain (maybe landrace?) which gives a “narcotic” effect. Now I can’t find that webpage. I don’t even know what the “narcotic” effect is, but the blog made it sound like a painkiller effect that felt similar to Opioids. The doctor had me on Oxycodine for ~18 months and I quit cold turkey in 2018. I’ll eventually have surgery on my disc because I don’t want to go through opioids again.

Do you know which strain (or preferably landrace) has that “narcotic” effect?

Does “OG Kush” feel similar to opioids?

5 Likes

Strains high in Myrcene and Humulene should be helpful, as well as a good amount of CBD. I’ve found things based on grape stomper and bubba kush to be good pain meds for a back injury.

Nothing feels opioids though…maybe try kratom?

2 Likes

OG Kush is typically 75% indica. For a “narcotic” effect like a heavy couchlock stone a strain which is mainly indica would be better like Big Bud and like low_and_slow mentioned Bubba Kush, imo.

4 Likes

Mabey make some oil out of youre weed
Than you can use almost every strain put for pain i should say go for a good indica

3 Likes

Never smoked anything that felt like an opiate. Had plenty that put me to sleep and killed pain though, some higher thc sativas like gg4 are great for pain without to much sedation too.

5 Likes

Herijuana is supposed to be heavily narcotic, hence the name.

6 Likes

I have read about CBN being sedative and almost a narcotic effect.

That’s would be a degraded CBD OR THC ?

Please don’t quote me

IF you need something for pain, they’re are lots of write ups on genetic descriptions.

IMO , a lot of the write ups seem fairly embellished.

Pain killer “strains” will be the best to search.

Or some type of RSO or tincture , or,edibles could work for pain.

Best of luck

Ive never felt an opioid effect from cannabis though. lol… and I hope I never do…lol

4 Likes

Alot of people hold that pre 98 just for the pain

4 Likes

A friend with Aids always needed a dab when his pain woukd be uncomfortable

2 Likes

My friend was getting some killer Blueberry shatter from the black market a few years back. He had been on lorazepam and other bennies, he claimed it was the only thing that helped him not want the pills.

3 Likes

I don’t think CBN would.help, I heard CBG is actually what you want
I.was told Tashkent strain was a pain killer but my experience didn’t bear that out.
I’m using a cbd strain mixed with small.amounts of thc for.my wife and she has moved away from options for back.pain. i.hope to create a topical for her to use.
She puts the cbd tincture in her coffee each morning after a few. months began limiting her painkiller use…she has couple of bad discs in her back and they wanted to open her up.an do surgery three years a rs ago…

3 Likes

I’ve had 2 separate discectomies and had been on and off opiate/opioid meds. There are plenty of strains that will help with the pain, but none are gonna give you that opiate/opioid feeling.

If your looking for the best combination of pain relief and euphoria, ISPs Chem D bx3 had the best combo I’ve found. But one, I’m not even sure they make seeds any more, and second, there are ALOT of better strains for pain relief. In my experience 1:1 THC:CBD have been phenomenal for taking away pain on the days I deal with inflammation of the scar tissue. The strains that supposedly have super high THC and little else have been the most useless for pain. But this is my experience and everyone is different so.

8 Likes

You can get the narcotic effect by harvesting later when trichomes are mostly amber.

4 Likes

Look for strains by Dominion Seed Co. It’s Duke Diamond’s company. He’s a great breeder that describes a lot of his strains as “Narcotic”.

Headie Garden has them in stock.

2 Likes

I had a strain called Choco-Latte that was the only strain I’d call narcotic feeling. You would feel it come on cause it would send a wave of relaxation down your arms. Very odd but awesome. I’ve never been able to find it or any info on it since.

3 Likes

This Orange Grove I grow is stoney/narcotic
1347dd8ff53de365fe857403abd5ed3cefd882f6_2_374x500.jpeg 412f53136e175e90b89e3dd7bbd61984dd87d0eb_2_374x500.jpeg

18 Likes

Look for “Pre ‘98” Bubba Kush or its hybrids. (More so than “Katsu” Bubba). I found P98 Bubba sometimes makes me almost numb from the neck-down, esp. my arms and torso.

You can still get seeds of Rare Dankness makes Blue Ox, The Ox and Grape Ox which are all Pre 98 Bubba dominant.
Also Harlox which is CBD dom. cross of Harlequin x Ox.

Norstar Genetics makes Bubba Fresh (P’98 x Banana OG). And Dark Bubba (P’98 x Urkle).

Also though hard to find, Bodhi seed’s Sunshine Daydream and Blue Tara can be good for nerve pain. Both have Bubba in them.

Good luck, i am also looking for pain relief for my wife.

2 Likes

If you want landrace, try Afghan strains.
Or White Rhino aka Medicine Man is very narcotic.
For me, Narcotic (heavy lazy couchlock with relaxed body and mind. Makes me want to lay down).

*But i don’t think it worked as well for pain as Pre 98 Bubba.

Has an Afghan male used in it. Awesome heavy numb peaceful strain when done right.

1 Like

i grew Herijuana once. Got seeds from Highgrade in Canada. Closest effect to a pure Afghan i’ve ever had. Narcotic (heavy lazy couchlock with relaxed body and mind. Makes me want to lay down).

*But i don’t think it worked as well for pain as Pre 98 Bubba.

2 Likes

I made some gummies mixing strains and was looking for a mix that would lay me out like a 4mg Dilaudid
1/2 gram of SFV OG 65% Sativa Dominant Extract
1/2 gram of Bubba Kush Indica Extract
made 75 - 5MG of SFV OG and 6MG of Bubba Kush = 11 MG each x 75
I call them the Death Dose I had to take 3 times before I would not pass out. Should of called them “The Nod”

4 Likes