That strain is mine!

There’s a lot of controversy in that company with Mean Gene leaving and calling Leo out about stealing stuff from Mandelbrot. That and him saying he’s donating money to the family when he’s not.

1 Like

Yeah, nah. You cant patent nature. One of the biggest corporations in the world has been trying to stop artificial code from being copied for about 30 years now. They’ve spent a shittonne of money and they’re still failing. Nature is, and no amount of lawyers, courts or armies will stop it.

1 Like

I have to reflect upon my own culture and worldview, and with this said - We truly only own our words, everything else is an illusion based upon possession. In the traditional Anishinaabek and Onkwehonwe (Natural Ones) life ways when we share anything in open amongst ourselves in the open, it becomes something for all - even just a simple song that you have composed. Now I understand propeterial motives and the nature of the game. Majority of everything that you will find named is just a bastardized version of something else regardless of what others claim and state. 99% of the “Cannabis Culture” is a pyramid scheme and filled with lies and more lies. Dogs eating Dogs in other words…

What actually defines a strain? 99.% of everything that you can buy in seed today is far from actually being a strain. But somewhere random poly to poly crosses have become “strains”, even though they are just variety machines of nature that you can work so many directions that it will make your head spin trying to make sense of the kaleidoscope like patterns seen in the offspring.

I see people who have copyright to the names even though they are some of the most diverse of their types - kush as example.

If you want to truly call something your own, perhaps it should be kept to yourself and not used for monetary gain or psuedo-fame (If that is your motive) and be passed down as heirlooms traditionally were.

As for the nonsense over ownership of names as well, fortunately for me I can easily switch tongues and describe it in other words meaning the same. Very often others have came up with the same names and it is not really applicable for every new poly x poly to have its own name that is copyrighted, imagine if people followed a orthodox like this. Even in the longhouse culture of Hudonasaunee (Iroquois) we have a way that names are shared among the clans and even recycled so to say in English.

Well these are some of my own thoughts - but don’t expect me to buy seeds and adhere to some egotists agenda - I’ll do what I like with my “purchases” - Thank You!!!

12 Likes

There are thousands of plant patents proving that big corporations have patented nature…
Agreed philosophically with not patenting biology in general, but the truth is biology has been patented for decades now…

2 Likes

Hey there,

Make sure to sign this petition folks

It’s important!

Lookin over me old thread, only got 998 signatures for the advertisement, aww poor Strainly.

wait…what?

2 Likes

Ah the relevance of this post in legal settings

1 Like

@Strainly Answer this- Does your site get any $$ from sales? I heard the people who run strainly are some of the ones selling the $1000 cuts mainly fake cuts.

Over a year ago you guys told me to make some trades to build my reputation on the site in order to list my seeds. I had gotten 3-4 trades and I told people I would give them extra free seeds. You guys said I was enticing people to give me a good rep but that was a load of crap because I always give extra free seeds.

Those people got in contact with me through social media and are happy they made the trade. You guys still won’t let me check my messages from some others I traded with, who are messaging me…

It seems like you prefer to have fraudulent people selling fake cuts and fake seeds for crazy high prices, over a legit seed breeder/chucker basically giving away his seeds for $1

3 Likes

thnx for reviving the thread. I don’t think @Strainly will answer here lol. They didn’t mind spamming it with their ad but hey They are a big part of the problem of relaying bogus genetic claims and products, I’ve never used them, I do NOT buy clones, and seeds made in Mom’s basement isn’t worth my time or money. Funny in Canada, there’s 3 or 4 levels of the cannabis market. Fully legal, First Nations legal, pretending to be legal, and illegal (internet and street). Legit genetics? good luck…OG members (like you @WeTokeChronic ) stashes hold much better… and mostly verifiable famous cultivars…its quite nice here.

2 Likes

By the way,santa marta red was the most potent strain i have ever smoked to this day.Bar none.And that is saying a lot.

I think they might be calling it crippy like the florida crippy that was a dank indica similar to the og kush. So, not really skunky per se as the nose knows like the skunky smelling stuff from Humboldt we would get in the early 80s