THCV breeding project

Supposedly her in Massachusetts I can get my stuff test without prerequisites but if not I’ll find a way! Kwik Seeds has two varieties of thcv beans I may add to the project! Cheers to you all and I’ll keep you all in mind when I have beans to share!

7 Likes

Oh yeah if you’re in Massachusetts it’s easy, you just gotta deliver stuff in person they won’t accept mail. And not all of them do individual tests for home growers but a bunch do.

Out west there’s a good place in Holyoke:

In Framingham there’s this one that’s very good:
https://ma.mcrlabs.com/our-testing-services/

I’m sure there’s dozens, those are just the ones I know about.

5 Likes

Thank you for those links, I appreciate it!

1 Like

No worries, happy to help a fellow New Englander

2 Likes

3 Likes

@Wuachuma I was pummeled by clindamycin and it turned my body into a inflammation machine. Weed was where my research took me. So when I started with this wonder drug 8 years ago. I had access to many strains but nothing with THCV. I was methodical in my testing and noticed most Indicas took up to 9 bong hits for full relief and most Sativas took 5 bong hits for full relief. And Skunk took 3 hits with Jack Herer 4 hits. And when I started growing Thai I found that 1 bong hit could provide relief. THCV is great. That was long before CBD started getting good press. But CBD doesn’t isn’t as pleasant. I use it a bit because I’ve become a little effected by THCV after constant usage.

10 Likes

When you say effected, do you mean mentally?
Because thats what i found.
It can be like doing mushrooms everyday. Great at first. But, eventually, you end up in some Really weird headspace

7 Likes

Really? From the THCV?

I’ve found CBD tincture & flower to be unpleasant as well @SativaKid … great for inflammation but terrible for overall mood. I stick to using it topically now & no issues.

5 Likes

No I mean inflammation

So you mean after awhile THCV stopped being as effective at treating your inflammation… like you built a tolerance?

1 Like

The claims of the marketing folks about CBD is half fluff. And only the full spectrum stuff is great medicine. I have 3 people using my full spectrum CBD for issues. And the results are great.

7 Likes

Yes I built a tolerance, it still works better than THC only strains.

2 Likes

I’m sure the THCV whacks some people out, especially if they are rookie weed users. I’ve crossed my Thai to other stuff and had some powerful stuff. I gave some Thai x Gorilla Girl to a old Hippie in Alberta. His grandson a once a month social smoker was hallucinating at Grandpa’s house.

9 Likes

it looks interesting. pain is one of the reasons for regular cannabis smoking. maybe I should also turn my eyes towards THCV.

1 Like

A lot of pain starts as inflammation. And inflammation can effect organs as well as joints.

7 Likes

Sativas as a general rule are better for pain. And people think Indicas should work because all pharmaceutical pain killers were dope, strong dope. And Indicas bring the dope. We are brainwashed by the pharma people.

6 Likes

can confirm full spectrum cbd oil that I make from cbd flower and olive oil is orders of magnitude more effective than commercial stuff. Arthritis & Sjogrens here.

This THCV you guys are talking about are super interesting. I would love to grow and try it.

:dove:

11 Likes

I have another experience. Sativas make me talkative and upbeat but don’t relieve cramps and pain

1 Like

Have a couple packs of Spock’s V (Varins G x Finola/La Crema) from Seattle Chronic Seeds I am excited to get to. Saw some tests that Seattle Chronic had done on the Varins G strain and it seemed that the longer it flowered, the more THCV it produced.

Also Hoku Seed Co. has a Syrian V strain and he shared a customers COA on one of the phenos and it had over 5% THCV and 22% THC. It seems like you have more than enough to work with from the packs you have but in case you wanted to add something else to your stock. Think he and Seattle Chronic used the same Doug Varins strain in their crosses.

8 Likes

I like to mix a joint of CBD with THCV sativa for this.
Rx x Good Meds was the best. Harlequin is one of the best as a final product and for breeding for CBD.

ACE’s Golden Tiger is nice because its 2 thcv sativas plus Paki hashplant. Hmong Thai x Malawi x PCK

9 Likes