THCV breeding project

tried cbd many times but got no effect. more precisely, for such a large amount of cbd consumed, it helps me less than a microdose of THC. but my pains are related primarily to bipolar disorder. that’s why I prefer indica and hybrids, they make me more balanced and without stupid euphoria and laughter

3 Likes

I found CBD to be counter productive when taking too much.
Like 10-50mg is all thats needed, then thc and thcv with it. They synergize together.

But really, nothing compares to MDMA + LSD + Mushrooms + Ketamine

7 Likes

That’s good to know. F2 of that strain could have some interesting plants as well. I have both versions of their Syrian V. I think one pack had 100 seeds.

7 Likes

Yeaahhh they’re gonna get me soon at Hoku, there are some really wild things going on there with landraces and CBD/CBG/THCV crosses, and they just started doing some crossing those alt cannabinoids into more modern hybrids. @SaintAliasKnife the Syrian at only $30 for 15 seeds is a great looking deal:

https://hokuseedco.com/shop#!/Syrian-V-R-seeds/p/391026094/category=81033019

And I want these crosses with Blueberry Muffin and Tropical Runtz:

https://hokuseedco.com/shop#!/Blueberry-Muffin-x-Syrian-15-R-Seeds/p/419559099/category=137248790

This one’s feminized:
https://hokuseedco.com/shop#!/Mad-Runtz/p/468262779/category=137248790

4 Likes

I’ve really enjoyed watching your Syrian grow, it’s the best documented one I’ve found of that genetic

5 Likes

The Syrian V is a Syrian male cross to their Mad Villain (1:1 THCv African Landrace x Maddog 2020 CBG).
Pretty sure the African landrace they used in the Mad Villain cross was indeed the Dougs Varin though.

I’m currently running a few THCV crosses from hoku that are 2 weeks into flower:

Varin BX (1:1 THCv African Landrace x MV #5 (THCv Rich)
Mad Villain S1 (MV #5 (THCv Rich) x MV #5 (THCv Rich)
and Gas Face ( Gary Payton x MV#5 (THCv Rich)

9 Likes

Sounds like you will be on quite the hunt when you dive into those beans, I was interested in the Syrian V-2 but I don’t think I need to add any more to the list just yet. The F2’s would likely have such a wide range in phenos and cannabinoids as I think the Syrians can vary widely in THC, CBD, CBG and other cannabinoids.

4 Likes

Thanks! :sweat_smile:

I’ve really been on a long bender with the RSC Syrian and Lebanese lines. Syrian is very unique in the world of cannabis. I’ve really been enjoying sampling what comes out of my Lebanese cross with it.

Definitely. Very mixed cannabinoids. In my Syrian/leb hybrid, some plants will have a lot of resin but very low psychoactivity and others will be quite strong. There’s really a lot to work with.

9 Likes

Very interesting. I saw that @JadeNectar posted that his testing experience was that the ratios vary throughout the grow also and that if an early sample tests 2:1 THCV:THC then the final ratio would be the opposite 1:2 THCV:THC at harvest. His post is here:

There was also someone that posted on THCFarmer that seemed to have the same experience as JadeNector but I can’t find the post now. Really good thread over there on THCV though and using TLC for testing.

Sweet, do you have a grow log anywhere on these? Was really interested in the Mad Villain originally but a bit bummed it was only offered as feminized.

I ran four plants of their Eraser-V (1:1 THCV x (Abacus x Ceiba)) outdoors this year but I haven’t made the time to complete the TLC testing on them yet. Ended up with two male and two female. The two males hermed really bad unfortunately so I wasn’t able to do a seed increase.

I harvested most of the flower a few weeks ago and have a few more buds left on the plant so it will be interesting to do a TLC test between the different samples. The aroma is really nice fuel with slight lemon tones.

19 Likes

Yes, it was, I just looked it up. Also just realized they probably named that Mad Villain as an MF DOOM tribute when he died.

6 Likes

The V part is just the African Landrace strain, so the Syrian V is the 1:1 THCv female x Syrian male.The Mad Villain line is the African Landrace (1:1 THCv) x Maddog CBG, there is no Syrian in that line even though there is the THCv strain in both.

Guess that’s why the hash from regions with landrace genetics are considered so good as they have such a mixture of cannabinoids. A grower here may be upset if they grow out a Lebanese seed that offers them no psychoactive effects, however, when you combine that plant with countless others with varying cannabinoids, your end product is even more medicinal.

Funny timing but it looks like Seattle Chronic Seeds just posted some lab results on their Instagram page about their Varins G specifically and he still states that longer flowered plants will increase the THCv. I haven’t grown any of these out or done any testing myself, I am just relaying what I have heard from Seattle Chronic.

8 Likes

A solid point. Maybe I’ll try grinding buds together from a few different plants. :thinking:

Anecdotally, I think there’s something to this. I’ve often wondered if there are certain things that can only happen on plants that flower for long periods of time (conversions between cannabinoids mostly).

However, as another unusual aspect of the Syrian, it can produce thcv and flowers in <50 days.

12 Likes

Olive oil? I’m wanting to try edible oils more. Coconut is heavy on my stomach but amazing at preserving the medicine. So along with Coconuts benefit to the skin it an OK cream base. Olive oil is great for the skin also.

5 Likes

yes. what works for me is olive oil. I do on oz per 2 cups. in 130F +1 TBS of lethicyn sunflower powder per cup of oil, for as long as I can 4+ hrs, overnight…whatever. leave buds whole, super easy to strain.

piece of crusty bread, a little parm and black pepper… it’ll rock you.

8 Likes

Why lethecin?

2 Likes

helps oils bind to water. increases extraction/transference. I do it for all oils (coconut, butter etc). I use the coconut in bodycreams. they are fantastic for pain relief.

3 Likes

I have short flowering weed that is high in THCV.

3 Likes

Very interesting about the THCV diminishing in ratio near the end of flower. And once a friend begged me to give him some early early buds from my Thai plants. He said they dried to a special speediness. Now I understand. He loved the THCV and loved when I gave him buds. I think he loved the THCV spaceness thing.

7 Likes

Thats also my advice: Middleeastern like Lebanese are said to have such a fullspectrum of cannbinoids. And i heard the Quest for painreleave with a certain upbeat vibe, and possibly the quest for landrace softness (Wich means low sideeffects such as appathy or hangover)

Well, just find a strong lebanese or Turkish even beter… Theyre an anwser to these Questions.

Just tried some Turkish Delight - Greenthumb- This stuff is what people want im shure. More or less. I found this particular Turkish Landrace is very veeeery high THC, and leaves me stoned almost for the next 24 hours, i feel sobering up exactly after 24 hours. Thats a bit a downside… Im bit sensitive to seditative herbs, but the Turkish Landrace overall is one of those that i still can enjoy, it would be such a great everyday weed, then i wouldnt get so blasted, its really full of resin… But again, its very veery special.

Preserved it cause its feminized with a closeby Landrace from Greece. Outcrossed it to Greek.

Sadly the greek took a bit of depth of the 70s Turkish Line away, cause its modern Greek …But pretty close…

This stuff makes me feel very beautiful and calm.

I rember this feeling from well: unknown bud, long ago, i think i found a almost perfect copy 20 years later. Peace

Oh, and i guess it has THCV in it a small bit, it makes me dream certain fantasys like my beloved Sativas do. a bit. beautiful peaceful

5 Likes

Greeks are more Upbeat i assume from my smoketest… However i dont find this modern Greek very refined. If one finds a 70s Greek, that weed must be incredible, cause my Greek had even more exactly what you guys describe: upbeat painreleave.

but again, its modern collected… Need to find a 70s greek. Insane qualities, very giggly, back felt releaved… two in one. Perfect.

4 Likes