THCV breeding project

Yeah, I think the Varins strain that Seattle Chronic and Hoku uses is from Africa so not sure if that is the difference in needing longer flowering times for more THCv or not?

4 Likes

I tried extracting into olive oil and it is in no way inferior to coconut oil. I’m not sure about sunflower, but olive is definitely just as good.

2 Likes

Wow wow wow

1 Like

but those shortflowering will often have cbd and be more sedating.

Im actually astonished people find thcv looong sativas painreleaving. On the other hand i didnt have pain back in the day, so i wouldnt notice it.

But i heard from a diehard sattylover /landracelover he had painrelieving Vietnamese weed

2 Likes

It may make sense, if you call outofbody experience painrelieving… but wich weed today does still do that…? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

glad to hear that turkish turned out well for you :sunglasses::+1: Out of curiosity, what was the greek it was outcrossed with? One of the ones from RSC?

1 Like

Moliotiko - Realseedcompany

3 Likes

I’ve been having some pretty serious knee pain recently, the men in my family have a history of joint problems, do you think thcv would be right for me? I’ve been using topical cbd ointments to certain degrees of success but it’s starting to get worse to the point where I think I may need a cane to get around.

1 Like

@SaintAliasKnife only sunflower lecithin? Or is it just better?

1 Like

Switching away from the familiar for a bit is good. CBD and THCV can be rotated but know THCV is a strong buzz the first time.

3 Likes

I was aware of two types, soy and sunflower. i didnt want soy so I got sunflower.

2 Likes

I appreciate the feedback. As far as pain meds Gpas started talking to me and we didn’t finish the conversation. I’ll await the path where I can get my American friends some THCV.

7 Likes

I will be back in the country in a few days.

It is hard to do anything on my phone and everything else is at home. It might take a bit to get thru all my notifications for a two week period.

:green_heart::seedling:

10 Likes

I can’t find it now, but I saw a chromatogram report of ABC x NL5 that said something like 0.5-2% THCV. It makes sense, a lot of internet theorizing about the origins of ABC in Victoria and NSW are imported hemp from south east Asia (probably Thailand), it has a stereotypical sativa phenotype with stretchy stick bud, no skunk but more citrus terpene profile, and a stimulating bud effect. the csih ibl is probably only 7-12% THC but a few generations of THCsynthase inbreeding and im sure it would be less hemp like. It would probably be a lot of work, but breeding for high THCV with SEA and African stimulating strong “breakfast weed” landraces into the cold resistance of southeast aus ABC would make for an interesting project - whether it had mutant leaf or not, the lineages and goals and characteristics seem compatible.

Wish that Free The V project didnt stall, seems exciting with that special long autoflower trait. Lots of good suggestions here to start with though! It’s awesome to see so much interest in THCV.

8 Likes

I saw recently on Floyd’s blog that he was saying he did the Seattle Chronic THCV seeds and others white label for them and they’re homies

2 Likes

Ya good suite @TexasRoadkillSkunk, simply pure NLDs quest and cross fire! :wink:

I look forward to test my Atao strains in near future and compare THC:THC-V ratios, that’s what i’m focused since 10 years so i know it’s there. THC-V and its combos is one of the next medicine revolution because it can kills cancer seriously and also help psychiatric or neurodegenerative diseases. All is question of dose because it can be also mind dangerous i think! Cheers ^^

6 Likes

Tibetan x African
Actual Sativa
breed by Actual Seeds
This is actual?
@TestOfOath want to do preservation Kalamata Red.

Kalamata Red from kwikseeds modern?

4 Likes

Has anyone noticed any extra amber trichomes on THCV plants?

3 Likes

Do you mean amber trichs showing early in the flowering period? Haven’t noticed anything unusual with trich colors with the different v strains I’m running.

4 Likes

Yes, not withered trichs but amber and clear.
Supposed to be a sign of THCV.

More on this subject here…

6 Likes