THE ARENA: Where plants try to live

Hell yea! I love bagseed grows. IMO bagseeds usually have the best treasure within.

Great looking grow.

Best
Swampy

1 Like

Some pics

Made a small box. It’s roughly 2’ deep x 3’ wide by 3’ tall. Couple finishing touches left to do.

Collected some pollen. Going to dust two ladies outside.

My revegging lady started acting up so she got flushed hard. Batch of compost tea is brewing. Just want to get her back in shape for cloning. She’s doing better. Pics isn’t the greatest

Popping 3 of CBD seeds from @muleskinner, 4 northern light mysteries (not sure of lineage) and 5 master kush from nirvana. Only need 8 females since that’s max for my square pot size.

Cheers.

5 Likes

Looking like my northern lights are potential duds, and aren’t doing anything compared to the MK and CBDs, so I dropped a mystery auto and four other mysteries from my neighbors batch. One MK isn’t doing anything either so that’s a nice even replacement if they all pop.

Deformed Master Kush start

Moving to first homes tomorrow.

These two doing their thang and making some lil babies.

Cheers

8 Likes

moved some seedlings to dirt early this morning. Still looking happy this evening. The MK runt had the second largest grouping of roots coming out the bottom of the RW. The tri-leaf CBD had the best roots.

Will be pulling clones in the next couple days from my reveg’d mystery mom. Once they are showing roots I will post her and the babies. She’d be pissed if she knew I posted a pic of her in her condition.

Thing is, the bud harvested has a great taste, decent duration and hard to describe spaced out head buzz. Racy but in the slow creeper way. Think, standing at your front door wondering if you just got home or were just about to leave. Then bam you’re like, yeah, I’m FN high. Lol

Cheers

5 Likes

Just had a project cancelled that was supposed to keep me busy for the rest of the day…

Not using this app religiously or anything, but it’s cool when all three planting methods line up. Tomorrow is clone taking day. Pretty sure the app is called Moon Phases. Has info on hunting with the moon too. I paid for the ad removal.

keeping an eye on this one. with the root growth and three leaves, I’m inclined to think it may be real hungry.

Haven’t put a door on the box yet because there’s been a weird smell since it was built and painted. Finally figured out it’s the latex paint gone rancid. It’s stinking up the entire garage. Smells funky. I was trying to use some old plywood and left over white paint. Sweet, free grow bucket!

Cheers

6 Likes

I’m looking at the plants I’ve got making seeds outdoors and I notice something that I think is really cool. The Diesel Moonshine’s are both resistant to powdery mildew and some of those genes are being passed along to the BC mess… They were pollenated inside and you can see some piles on some of them. Also see the PM. It’s on the other BC crosses, but not the DM. Stoked!!! At least that’s a hope and prayer.

My intention was to send a few packs out of each once they are ready, but has since changed a little, at least. The straight Diesel Moonshine’s will not be sent to anyone. I say that because although both seeds were freebies, they are the product of someone who spent a shit ton of time developing them, and uses them for part of livelihood. You can probably buy them from seed banks.

Cheers

8 Likes

the Hoochie tent for my hoochie mamas. Forgot to put the net over them couple days back and spent a solid two hours digging around for caterpillar eggs. Ghetto rigged for sure but works.

Was going to take clones last night with the moon, but instead moved some seeds from rockwool to soil since they are taking a minute to pop. Added a second (darker of the lot) seed to the mystery bunch. Started with the lighter colored seeds, thinking they would struggle. Sure are. Also dropped three blue lotus in some dirt. CBDs and MKs are chugging along.

7 Likes

Everything is looking good! May all your seeds pop :seedling:

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouraging words. They’re working @Roux :raised_hands:t3:

Have a solid Blue Lotus popping, and two from the neighbor. Put the NLs on a small heating pad. Thought I had peeked upon a tap root escaping into the depths of the rockwool, but to no avail…at least not yet.

Oh, herb god of the nether…please rain your rays of life into my babies.

Cheers

4 Likes

Figured I’d call a little attention to myself over here in this corner. Been using a little lens that attaches to my phone to get close-up/macro shots. Need to get a nice macro lens for my real camera eventually. Not a huge priority right now…

I think this is sooty mold. Been spraying a LAB/Distilled water mix last few days. Today tried a different approach from @bigSur with H202/Sugar mix. Looks like the PM is gone from the LAB, but now Sooty Mold? Maybe aging as well and doing they’re natural thing.

I’ve been unable to bring the color back into this one. Tops look fine though aside from the SM issue. Here’s my first token toe shot :scorpion:

This is the reveg’d lady from this summer. She was really sick, but is ready to have clones pulled. Need to pay for my lights first, so she’s fine vegging out in front of the other little ladies for a little while longer. Time to get creative with some LST. Gave her a little shower this morning outside so she gets a little sunshine for the day.

These others are doing fine. Pics are a few days old. To lazy to got get some fresh ones.
After moving the NL’s to soil, they still aren’t doing much.

Cheers

6 Likes

I like the “Runt” tag! if you’re the plant, you don’t want to see that :smile: the ax is going to fall!

2 Likes

Always been partial to runts and mixes. Had a few dogs, each runts of the litter. Smartest most obedient dependable lovable dogs ever. Just old and :dizzy_face: never any issues. This one has caught up and passed one of it’s siblings.

6 Likes

Toe shots are for the OG OGs… welcome to the club! You’re our first official member!

2 Likes

I don’t know if that is sooty mold but it doesn’t look natural to me. I hope you figure it out and it doesn’t cause any damage. Good luck.

2 Likes

Classic! Couldn’t have said it better!

3 Likes

I have found that some plants that are runty in veg will catch up during flowering and do well, but usually I don’t have the patience to find out. Damn, get some socks on those dogs! :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Swampthing not exactly club material around here. Lol. See that mess above. :laughing::flushed:

@ryasco I’ll admit I got lazy and threw it out there before I looked into it more. Like @lotus710 said, I added wayyyyyyyy too much LAB to the mix. However, the sugar/h202 mix seems to be helping keep it at bay, or at least it doesn’t appear to have spread. Leaves a nice shiny shimmer on the leaves.

3 Likes

Due to a couple hungry caterpillars, I’ve got a couple seeds worth keeping around already. Only saving the premies for a count comparison. I’m using a new numbering system for these. The one on the left is #1. The smaller one on the right is #2.

Since our prime grow season is over here I didn’t think the :bug: would be bugging me again already, but oh well. I think preventative is the only way.

Lasers. 8oclock day one!

6 Likes

In not sure how effective this is but I’ve heard of people putting a piece of copper tube bent in a circle around the base of your plant and the ec of the soil acts as a small taser of sorts and when they crawl over the copper they get a shock

1 Like

Hi all.
Got some stuff done around here, finally. Nothing huge, just trying to keep things moving along.

Been using my phone daily to try and capture a little color change happening. I’ve also just got a camera set up in the box I’m trying to finish building. Having the camera setup in the box should make documenting progress real consistent. Some adjustments are needed, but you get the idea. Figured out a good way to bring air in without light. I need a few more things like thicker weather stripping, a 4 1/2 in dryer vent drill bit and a couple random odds and ends.

Any questions, fire away.

View. There’s about 14” left to move the light higher. I’ve got some adjustable elbows that can be added to the camera mount to move it higher as well. Big pot in back is having clones pulled today then moved to a smaller clone box, and the lil ones in white pots are going to the 2.5 gal black pots today.

Air intake solution. Used some pvc and drip fittings. I’ll be running this box on suction to ventilate air through. Still need to silicone them in, then test frivolous to see if more holes are needed. It should be plenty?

Did a couple test holes prior to setting these stoppers in place. Made the holes slightly smaller so some pressure was needed to get them to sink in nice and snug without adhesive of any kind. Two separate holes for each size.

Here’s my kids as of this morning. I should have them transplanted and settled in today.

And a couple tops that got cut off cause my friendly caterpillar friends came to visit. Collecting seeds, so pretty stoked, in a weird way.

Happy Friday all!!!

10 Likes