THE ARENA: Where plants try to live

Love the comparative pics! Crazy what one day does…Looking fantastic…

Love the manifold, what size pump you have for it?

1 Like

Got on it yesterday. Looks like a lot of folks were productive when they should have been shopping.

Still need to add exhaust hole, thicker weather stripping to the door and modify how the light hangs. Probably add two “I” bolts through the ceiling. That should be it. Only put the transplants in here since they have nowhere else to go.

Tincture. Ran it through the French press. Filled all 12 1oz bottles and had a bit left for an evening shot. Used everclear, it’s hot but oh sooooo good. I snuck into it last week and did a secret test drive. Nice and mellow. Makes work endurable. Lol

Couldn’t get these two to fit. I suck at math. They’re next to clones on top.

I’m undecided what to do with the mom. Maybe just put her outside and let nature have its way?

Tossed the clone box together in ten minutes yesterday. Sun goes down early so while I was futzing around all day I had to rush and get clones taken. Need to enclose it today.

11 Likes

12 ounces is a shitload of tincture! Looks good. How much herb did you use - trim or buds? I just made my first batch with grain alcohol, I think I used about 1/2 ounce of flower with about 4 ounces of alcohol. it’s strong, you can feel 1 dropperful and 2 is enough to send me to la-la land

2 Likes

Welcome to the club!

1 Like

Love your thread… Just re-read it from beginning again :slight_smile:

To make the tincture you first decarb the herb ?

I also suck at math, had 4 spots and 5 plants are finishing somehow at my little tent
hehehe

2 Likes

If you are going to make long term calculation errors, err on the side of caution. 5 was the right call! = Overgrow!

3 Likes

So that’s all it takes to have a decent day at work, ill be making some for sure…

1 Like

Thank you @sk1 seems like it’s taking forever to get this one going. Didn’t read about decarbing until a few days after we sealed the lids. We used my wife’s method and skipped decarbing it by using the “old-school” way.

@Muleskinner I can take two droppers full an feel tops for about an hour then it mellows out. It definitely has to do with the quality of product used to enhance or strengthen the potency. I chuckled reading your remark. Stuff has the potential to be very potent but this is pretty mellow.

Gotta make some labels and use em as stocking stuffers this year.

5 Likes

Huge fan of Green Dragon. Fun fact, after three or four months in a cool dark place and it will decarb on its own. I use this natural decarb method often.

2 Likes

Oh my @Kalgrae you have been going hard. Awesome work through and through. Love the camera idea in the grow box, would make for a great time lapse.

Btw nice macros that lens for your phone paid off…your pics looks great all around!

Wishing well for your plants, and that unknown northern lights will be watched closely by me :wink:

1 Like

Got the screen all put together and found a stealn’ deal on a light fixture. Just happened to buy some led bulbs over the weekend, so a no brainer at $3.95.

Also started to pull all the lil ones over. No sex showing yet. Happy Tuesday all.

10 Likes

I could swear today is Sunday, but it isn’t, so I’m super happy today. Hell yeah, happy Saturday everyone!

Finally did a little more around the arena and abode.
But first. Here’s another shot of @ryasco’s sexy little c99 dwarf. :joy:

Got the fan installed and the air intake line all glued and taped. Only problem is that the intake doesn’t allow enough air in, so the fan is kicking into overdrive. Probably just going to use two PVC elbows on each side to make it work.

Had to chip away with an exacto since I didn’t want to buy a stupid expensive drill bit for one hole. Second hole below is for any cowards that need to be routed outside. Again, a couple PVC elbows and it will be light proof. Still need to add the vent hose into the interior. Maybe keep it out?

Suction on the box makes it hard to open. That’s what I was hoping for since I used a bunch of random scraps. Nothing is square/plumb. Temps stayed real consistent last night. We’ll see how the afternoon heat plays out today.

Also happy with the clones sitting on top of the box. It’s warm on top and I’ll betting my clones are loving it. I always think it’s a good sign when leaves are yellowing while clones are rooting. In my mind it shows that the plant is using up reserves to start blasting out roots? Someone correct my thinking…

Last but not least. Was able to successfully test my packaging skills and had a few seed packs arrive safely. I’m probably going to make up about 20-25 packs of 10 seeds each and share them out. They should be ready in to send out in the next couple weeks. Anyone interested you can PM me. Ha, the green container needs to be filled up more first. She’s the slower one of the bunch, but she’s also got the most color. I’ll do a more descriptive post when they’re close to being sent out.

Happy Saturday all.

12 Likes

That sexy ewok can come to my garden any time :wink: I will most likely put her to work mixing soil and watering plants though. :laughing:

4 Likes

I hope my wife doesn’t think that is who i am talking about when i mention Cindy. Ha! Ha!

3 Likes

i think @ryasco is sexier :slight_smile:

3 Likes

nice looking seeds! What is DM and BC??

1 Like

BcMango / Nightnurse x Diesel Moonshine. @Kalgrae was generous enough to send me some testers. Thank you again Kalgrae.

2 Likes

Oompa loompa doompety doo, I’ve got another puzzle for you!

Looking good brother!

1 Like

Looking good Kalgrae, screen looks nice and sturdy. Plants looking good (hard to tell from the hole lol)

Looks like you started LST…loving it :heart: …your setup is really coming together now!

Speaking of…stopped off at my safe house to check mail and I got a package…BIG shout out and thank you to @Kalgrae for generously sending some testers. They made it successfully perfectly in tact. Plus I learned @Kalgrae is a master with packing tape! :joy:

Thanks again :thumbsup: and can’t wait to get these going at my new location.

9 Likes

The wires were wrapped over the top on some and under on others, so they are even now. It’s going to make the biggest difference.

Handled the air in and out. Started with one small hole reworked my idea a couple times. The suction was great, but not enough air moving through. Could hear the fan kickin it in to overdrive. Solved it with an additional two holes. Tomorrow need to cut a lighting fixture piece to use as a shield inside to cove the open ends and add some screen over them.

Two on both sides for intake.

Probably trim this flush with the whit wood behind it so it’s easier to conceal. Have an idea for a grate using small “L” brackets. Wrapped up the cords in wetsuit, then used a piece of PVC with a lengthwise cut to slip over them, without having to rewire the plug ends, to jam into the box. No light leaks.

Before the neoprene stuffing began. Stuff was tricky to jam between the wood and the aluminum ducting. Didn’t crush any of it though.

Two holes on the other side through the top hole. I have a shield to add tomorrow.

They’re all doing well. Going to cut them loose tonight before lights out and let them stretch vertical. Transplanted into a flower mix I had a feeling might be a little too hot. Maybe a bit, but not too much I guess. Keeping a watchful eye. I’ve actually kinda just been letting them do their thing as if they are all girls. Time to dig in and find out for sure.

10 Likes