THE ARENA: Where plants try to live

Your setup is looking great. Nice build! I wish I had room (and legality) to build a more permanent setup like you have going.

1 Like

Thanks @ganjajuana. Seems like it’s taking forever. :snail:

Had to order a couple new timers to keep everything on track. Last few mornings I’ve been paranoid that my old timer wasn’t working and low and behold, it’s not kicking back on. Lucky for me i only sleep a few hours a night so I can monitor it. Lol.

Rigged up a sheath to cover the intakes. Took the center ballast cover from one of the T8 fixtures and pinched the ends together. Slips right over the top and allows air flow to keep moving, but blocks any potential light from leaking. I’m thinking to stuff the PVC pipes with some cotton balls to help a little more. Last thing I want to deal with is a light issue. Would be par for course though. Lol.

Need to tape it up now.

Also cut them all loose so they can fill in a bit more. Giving them another 7-8 days then flip. Crappy screenshot from the camera inside. Need to download the actual photos instead of screenshots.

11 Likes

Light issues would be “par” for the course? Ugh. I see what you did there. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Looks great @Kalgrae I like the wire tube to keep it light tight.

I had an issue with my timer and and relying on wifey to flip the switch while I’m at work, lord have mercy on my ladies

Can’t wait to try your beans out… You da man

2 Likes

Here’s a few shots of what is happening around here. Bunch a jive.

First photo from the camera.

Ten days later.

Another ten days. Rotated the pots a few times and LST’d them a bit. Also threw down some sprout seed to help keep the top layer of soil from drying out. Great snack!

Couple days later and they’re praying.

One of the CBD’s from @Muleskinner showed male, so he’s outside and got replaced with one of the mystery seeds. One of the mystery seeds was male as well and he’s now part of a preflower ferment.

These two were my oops backups. So far, very glad they stuck around. One on the left is the dead one. Right is the replacement above.

Pretty sure the Blue Lotus is a male, but not 100% yet. Only one of the MK’s is showing and definitely girl. I’m thinking three total males out of ten. Not bad, an odd number for the box, but not bad at all! Stoked!!! Will know for sure tomorrow morning.

Got some other stuff done, but to lazy to shoot any photos. Irony.
Reworked the air intake again by making two large holes on both sides of the box and venting in fresh air from beneath. Put screen on the inside and outside of the hole, then made a chute cover for both the in-outside. Looks like a dryer vent cover, but wraps around the bottom for light blocking.

Moved the fan into the corner of the box so the light will fit better. Tore open a few boxes of 5000k & 3000K LED bulbs to repurpose. Going to put them on a dimmer and supplement those floros.

Killed all the clones from the summer re-veg. Threw them in the trash can and moved the mommy into some dirt outside. Trimmed her back good and covered her up with some mosquito netting. Going to see what she does. Been giving her my caffeinated urine for breakfast.

Reserved me a grow space in the back half of the garage. Solid 7-8’ in depth and a good 12’ in width to work with.

Took apart most of the T8 fixtures and thought about how to work them all together. I’m going to try and overdrive them, maybe.

Harvested some seeds.
Cheers

11 Likes

Plants are looking happy and healthy. Sounds like you are keeping yourself pretty busy with projects. Can’t wait to see them when your done. :+1:

1 Like

Got ahead of myself with male/female ratio. Looks more like four of them made the flip. One I can clearly see the pistils but kept getting blurry shots.

Lot of claws and spades.

I’m hopeful for this one.

Then some pistils. :grinning:

Peeking out?

So four in front get to stay a few more nights just in case they’re late bloomers. Back-right is a CBD being stubborn to show anything, so I’ll take that as a good sign for now. The other three are girls. Two master Kush and another CBD.

Really hope the two in the middle just show they’re sex differently than a typical cannabis plant. Wishful thinking really. The lil one smells so good. It’s the reason the space smells for sure. Fingers crossed. The blue lotus would just be cool.

Sorting out the last of the seeds today. Really happy with the haul. The Diesel Moonshine are enormous comparatively. Puffed on some of the dry shitty stuff and really liked the flavor of bubblegum/super glue and had a little kick. Grown out proper its got potential I think.

15 Likes

those close ups are so well focused, what are you using to snap pictures?

2 Likes

Lots and lots of seeds! Do you have a bird?

2 Likes

The Hurkle is likely a female - from my notes on that strain:

Females do not show preflowers, none appeared until several days into 12/12.

2 Likes

Wow so much knowledge and illustrations here, i’ll pulling up a chair, got a lot to read the next days.

Be well, Brother.

2 Likes

Love the new camera, glad to see your busy at it!!!

1 Like

Looking good! Love seeing the close ups, made me grin to scroll down to finally see the pistils. :+1:

1 Like

It so great to see the, growing :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s the little lense. It magnetically attaches to that ring around the lense on my phone. The macro unscrews from the wide. The others are telephoto and a fisheye. Don’t mess with either much. I have to get super zen and try not to shake and delete a bunch.

Others are from the GoPro.

2 Likes

thats awesome! that might work for my digital camera. i have this one but my cell phones broken and it doesn’t fit on the digi. and the tablet is really hard to hold steady. nice shots. did you get it off amazon?

1 Like

An uncle gave it to my son, who doesn’t have a phone, yet. I have a Sony mirrorless, but haven’t gotten it out in a while…

1 Like

@ReikoX Ha, only you guys when these land. :man_farmer:t2::eagle:

@Muleskinner thanks for that. I was getting ready to tag you. One left is still holding out and has really bushy growth.

@GumbyBuds thanks. Me too. There’s another clip higher in the corner for when the screen goes in. Now that @legalcanada has me thinking about the 45meg shots, when there’s nug shots worth shooting…

@roux you have no idea how happy I was to see those sexy lil hairs. I still refuse to move the mystery plant out. It smells really good and looks nice to my eyes. I should get over it and add it to my preflower ferment, but I want to see those pistils bust out and blow my mind.

Thanks @Illyssian definitely consult others around here first. I’m getting better but really faking it, hoping to make it.

Stay tuned @sk1 it’s all slowing down again for a minute.

Not five minutes ago I was thinking how every first grow space is a bit of a trial until it’s all dialed in, but then again, there are those who just turn on the lights, water the seed and have great success. I like tinkering with stuff and learning new things, so I’d hardly call it successful yet, but the more I figure out the more satisfaction I get. Of course I want rock hard stinky sticky heavy buds, but really the experience and knowledge gained is pretty much good enough for me.

Re worked the air intake three times. Should be good now. Moved the exhaust fan twice. Check. Just had the first watering, what the hell to do with overflowing runoff, issue. Need to get a couple small plastic containers and ditch the pie tins. Screen placement and securing. Temp and humidity are all over the place. Bring it on.

3 Likes

you could suck up the runoff as it comes out, home depot also carries this product for a similar price. i got it on sale for around $20 i think. it attaches to any 5g bucket

4 Likes

@Kalgrae did your envelope come with some slaps of a pig ??? :smiley: i went and picked these up at a friends yesterday are they from you? i’m not sure what i’m looking at in the case

6 Likes