The Bank of Stank

I’m just loving these colors and how the plants are making some cool patterns. Like the 3 yellow plants in comparison to the 3 purple one. V ^

32 Likes

You should submit that pic to the picture of the year contest. That’s just awesome looking!

5 Likes

That orange one on the bottom right looks tasty!! I haven’t got an orange color plant yet.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reminder. I’ll try and setup up a little better shot than that. I used to win a few photo contests around here back in the day.

I had a Strawberry Milk cross go red-leafed one time. It does seem to be a less common color in a fade. That’s the Blue Magoo BX3 in that pic. It’s a very short and low yielding plant. I’ve basically ignored it the whole grow. Maybe it will surprise me.

10 Likes

I was wanting that one awhile ago and forgot about it. I had a strain in my younger days called magoo nice sweet tasting strain and great high. Was wondering if it was the same but I doubt it that was the only reason I wanted to try it but got no room for anything else. I hope it’s good usually the lower yielding plants make up for it in great smoke. Keep rocking it my friend!!!

5 Likes

Thanks, DG! Glad you are up and running again. Here’s to many great harvests in your future.

Here’s a closer view of the red leaf. I like the green still hiding in the veins.

35 Likes

Whoa that is a gorgeous leaf pic, could be a painting

You should submit that for the photo of the year contest

15 Likes

Second that :arrow_up:
BEAUTIFUL!!!

8 Likes

I’m kinda skeptical now, cause I said that about the last pic he put up! Gonna bust out something nicer in a minute probably lol.

6 Likes

Great picture !

6 Likes

the bar just keeps getting raised higher and higher over here

5 Likes

Gorgeous! You’re great with that camera man!

4 Likes

Thanks, guys! I just try and make the shots look as beautiful as the plants are in real life. The plants should get all the credit. These are all just using my cell phone (Galaxy S21). Should I decide to enter the contest then I’ll definitely bust out the DSLR and compose a better shot. But that takes lots of energy hahaha. For now, I’ll just keep hanging more pics on the walls of my Bank.

16 Likes

You should put that in the picture of the month contest! That a beautiful photo!

2 Likes

Hey there growmie. I’ve been growing the NorCal gooey or Nevada city goo. As other call it for. A few years now. I was gifted a cut and as she was growing I didn’t like her structure and bud structure, but after a heavy rain a l branch broke of at like week 8 of. Flower. Not quite done but u quick dried her and was so impressed with the taste but the buzz was savage cerebral. Back I. 8th grade 1 st period and the teacher was staring at me feeling for like 30 minutes then a amazing wane of body high came over no more aches and pains. I never took a cut off her so I went on a mission to find gooeys genetics. Found his site canna exotics. But also genetic supply seed bank. They small outta California but they were super friendly and had only a few breeders work and Cali connection was one and I was able to get a lot of amazing gear for a blue collar price and the freebies were all amazing. I just started my 5x5 and got 3 nor cal gooey x kings banner and 2 AOG f2s. Not yet sexed only 7-8 day old. My goal is to make some seeds with these 2 and grow some out and hit to my SFV kush keeper

5 Likes

I took down the AJ Sour Diesel x Chem 91 at 70 days. Probably should have gone longer but I’m already on to the next thing. I’ll be growing her much bigger next round. She has that strong chem/sour/gas smell that just makes my mouth water. This will surely fill the hole in my heart from missing the Death Star and B1gwyrm cuts.

30 Likes

I think I got lucky with Green Acres, and he actually labeled and sent the right cut for this Strawberry Cough. After reading a bit about it, there seems to be the original cut that Kushman brought back with him from the farmer in Connecticut which he spread all around. Then there is a newer cut that came from Kushman’s attempts at stabilizing a seed line. He bred a male haze to the original clone, then kept back crossing to the original cut with the offspring. He says those typically go 70-80 days, whereas the original cut was known to go 53-60. It was being grown outside in Connecticut after all.

Here I am at 54 days and she is very much almost finished. The bud I pollinated with Blue Magoo BX3 pollen has nice brown mature seeds, however small. Pretty standard for hazes. She smells so strong of sweet fruit and that anise smell I get from other sativas like Super Lemon Haze, Durban, and Kali Mist. It’s delicious. Me thinks I’ll be chopping her down soon, the first to go in the 4x4 tent. She’s going to have a solid yield and I’ll definitely be running her again.

35 Likes

I’m sorry if I missed it, but did you do a smoke report for the Santa Cruz Blue Dream?

Edit: nevermind, I found it. It wasn’t coming up when searching for santa cruz blue dream, but did appear when I searched blue dream in this thread. The Bank of Stank - #1015 by schmarmpit

12 Likes

So you think you got the original clone then? That’s cool. I think I’d rather have that than any sorta Kyle Kushman “Attempt At Stabilizing Strawberry Cough” plant haha.

I’ve actually blazed what I’m assuming is the original Strawberry Cough, got it from Kushman’s dispensary in Studio City like ten or eleven years ago. I liked it, good weed for sure.

12 Likes

Glad you found it. I’ll update to say this is definitely my go-to strain from last round. Just a great herb any time of day. I’m getting ready to flower her again as a bigger bush this time. She’s a keeper!

Yeah it’s definitely checking all the boxes. The quick flower time is certainly unique. And the sweet fruity smell and structure all add up. Gonna be a while until smoke though :sleeping:

12 Likes