The Campfire 🔥 Gather 'Round!

Very cool my friend, looking forward to seeing how this works out, I went micro for a few years but missed my trees, always seem to come back to 4g soilless no matter what else I try. To each their own right.

2 Likes

What’s up!? Thanks for popping in. Ya I do love to go bigger but I just don’t have the space. This is just a small test to see if I can do some micro breeding and pheno hunts in small pots. Hoping to upgrade or move soon but we’ll see.

You disappeared for a little while there, good to see you kicking around again.

4 Likes

Fun times ahead for sure. I am doing the small pots pollen thing right now. It is a blast. Mix in an auto or 4, and my hands are full. Looks good in there, pleasure to see.

3 Likes

Haha yep, it’s funny how fast things can get out of hand when you’re having fun, popping seeds!

So back to the main grow… I topped and cloned everything today. I took two clones off each plant and levelled the canopy as best I could. Despite the Wild Child, who looks absolutely bonkers, everything is looking pretty healthy. I’m seeing a few droopy leaves and maybe a sign or two of what’s looking like a magnesium deficiency here and there but I should be able to correct the issue with a few epsom salt foliar sprays and dialling in my water regime. This is my first time with really finicky genetics so I’m learning and taking notes. I can’t seem to get them to be too happy either way with watering less more often or more water, less often. So I’ve just been giving 500ml per 2 gallon pot every other day. They seem to really perk up and pray after my compost tea feeding and sprouted seed tea feeding. The SST is every two weeks on roughly Tuesday’s. The aerated compost tea is every Friday. The compost tea is composed of worm castings which have been moistened with a sprinkle of ground malted barley seeds and left for several days in a small Tupperware container with the lid slightly misaligned. Mycelium networks build up on the surface of the castings and increase the fungal dominance of the tea, I believe this is called “Blooming” the castings… at least that’s what I’ve been calling it.

Once they’re nice and bloomed up I put them in a little mesh vegetable bag I got from the dollar store (best $3 I ever spent!) and mix in some molasses, insect frass and sometimes a bit of alfalfa meal and kelp powder.

Went off on a bit of a tangent there but I’ve just really noticed these plants praying after this feeding.

I watered the plants last night and took clones this morning. Here they are before chop.

I used Flora Flex plugs with Rootech gel. My first time using these products but I’ve seen and heard good things. I added a bit of aloe and fulpower to the water and soaked the cubes. I placed the clones in sandwich bags… also my fist time trying this. Too many new factors, I know I know… when will I learn.

Pray to the plant gods for me.

Here they are after chop.

Those photos were from this morning, when I went in the tent at lights on tonight the tips had already grown a few cm’s on most plants! Always nice to see the vigour. I also believe I see balls starting to set in on the G Fume 4! We’ll see…

Anyway, these babies are getting flipped on Monday! It’s about damn time. I stared this grow at the end of September!!! I can hardly believe that. It’s time to get moving!

10 Likes

I wanted to dedicate this post to the assholes at Petra Tools. They want $135 of my hard earned Canadian dollars for their mini fogger PLUS $35 for shipping through FedEx. If you’ve ordered anything across the border using FedEx you’ll know they charge a brokerage fee and randomly will hit you with duties from time to time… I guess whenever their bank accounts get below a few million in profits they feel the need to stick it to the little guy.

So let’s do some quick math…
$135 + $35 + duties/brokerage fee probably around $30-$40 = TOO FUCKING EXPENSIVE FOR A FOGGING GUN!!!

What the actual fuck is going on in this society when they want people to pay over $200 for a very simple battery operated spray gun?!

Here’s why I’m so mad. I like to consider myself a savvy consumer. There are rare occasions where I would bite the bullet on stuff like this because honestly, I can’t seem to find a reputable sprayer that will last longer than 5 minutes. I mean seriously!!! Let’s stop sending ppl to space and figure this problem out immediately!!! Why are spray guns so difficult to make??? Call Elon! Fuck twitter, we need help ASAP!

Anyway… I was like “HELLLLL no I ain’t spending no $200 mutha fuckin dollahs on no simple ass sprayer!!”.

Enter AliExpress… cue the angelic singing.

I found THE EXACT SAME spray gun (without the fancy Petra Tools sticker) for $36!!!

Shipping was $52 though, but still. That’s roughly $85 compared to $200! Hey Petra Tools, suck it!

So I kept searching and found this bad boy for $26 and FREE SHIPPING!!!

I ordered it. It’ll be here in March. I’ll keep you posted.

If you don’t know about AliExpress, check it out! I recommend the App over the website but both will work. I’ve purchased so many small things for my garden from there for DIRT CHEAP!!! sometimes 50% to 80% cheaper than I will find the product on Amazon or other websites. The drawback is the shipping times. It will typically take a month or two to get your order and there are rare occasions where it will just not show up but they always refund you no matter what! Check out the app, I highly recommend.

8 Likes

PLEASE DO!

I’ve wanted one of these for a few years now but can’t justify the expense when I can move my plants into the bathtub for a pressure-type mister that’s not as gentle.

This fogger would be a game-changer for everything while still in the tent!

:hugs:

Edit: at that price point I’d have asked you to order 2x! :rofl:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Well shoot… if that’s not some karma, I don’t know what is. Thanks bud!

3 Likes

Here’s the microgrow as of last Sunday.

Last night I took the plants out and cleaned up the bottom shoots that were too close to the top of the soil, top dressed each of them with a half teaspoon of craft blend and an inch or two of earthworm castings and finished it off with a sprinkle of Bokashi bran. They’re heading into the third week of flowering so I just wanted to get on top of things.

I forgot to take a full tent pic last night and they’re sleeping now so they’re already looking a lot more full than that pic above. I’ll have to update again later. They’re really starting to burst out of the pots!

This Trump Candy 7 x Obama just decided to top itself haha… always fascinating when that happens.

@Oldtimerunderground I’m starting to see some roots shooting out of the clone plugs so I think your omen worked!

The main grow and seed project plants were flipped on Monday! I thoroughly cleaned all the bottom sucker shoots last night. I crept up real high! Not trying to grow any ball sacks up in here!!

I’ve been scouting for pests and issues like crazy. I don’t want to get caught slipping like a few of my other grows. They took in a few insecticidal soap sprays the last few wks too.

I’m really trying to get better at plant diagnosis and gave a few listens to the Cannabis Cultivation & Science podcast by Tad Hussey. I was sure I had a magnesium issue but after listening to episodes 103 and 107 about phosphorus and magnesium I was a little more certain. It was really subtle in a few of the plants but consulting this guide I found on his Instagram kind of confirmed it and also made me believe I have a phosphorus deficiency. I think it’s a really great visual aid!

The lowers on my plants looked exactly like this P and Mg deficiencies shown in that pic. I foliar fed epsom salt mixed with thermx 70 last night and tonight will feed with a rock phosphate tea I fermented for a few days with LAB. I also too dressed with more worm castings. The deficiencies are not too bad but I just want to avoid issues later on.

Lastly I just want to say that this little pipe absolutely RIPS!!! It’s got a nice resistance to the airflow and it’s really filters and cools the smoke down quite nicely. My other bong has much to fast of an air intake! You’ve really got to take it easy or you’ll choke yoursef lol… with this one it’s great because you can take nice smooth tokes without inhaling the entire bowl at once! Highly recommended. It’s called the Canada Puffin Arctic Bubbler.

Stay lifted friends!

11 Likes

The micro tent is exploding.

Plants are healthy and are budding nicely. Micro growing is fun! Things are moving along so fast. It’s fun to grow that many strains at once to compare and contrast. Most of them look very similar but the devil is in the details. It’s been fun learning about the small nuances that set different strains a part. That will become more apparent over the next few wks.

The seed project also has some developments. Two of the Guerilla Fumé plants are males. I chopped their branches and stuck them in a cup of water. I’ll harvest the pollen for another potential seed making project.

All of my clones rooted from the last round using the new plugs and sandwich bag tech!

So that is fan-freaking-tastic (I’m trying not to swear on these posts as much :joy:).

The only thing I’ll say about sandwich bag tech is that the plants get used to that super humid environment so when you remove them you have to place them in a humidity dome or some kind of high humidity environment for a few days and slowly introduce them to the air. After potting my clones they were super sad for a few days but are slowly bouncing back. I’ll have back ups of everything except the males.

The other thing I wanted to mention was to have a listen to the latest Podcast interview with Sean from Flying Lion Research. This was a mind blowing episode. I especially enjoyed his chat about terpenes and their effects and how the conversation when you go into a dispo should mostly be about the dominant terpenes of a plant and not the THC percentage. The average consumer would benefit so largely from this. Anyway, there were just tons of great info tid bits in that episode and I loved it. That guy just gets it! Talking about how they’re should be a global cannabis market (like the wine industry) where ppl could chose to buy their cannabis from certain areas with certain terroir… etc etc. omg it just makes so much sense! His knowledge about hash making and genetics was also very impressive. Made me feel like an absolute assclown for even attempting to make fresh frozen from a plant I had never grown before. Anyway, what a learning experience!

What did you think about the episode?

11 Likes

It’s a jungle in both tents!

The main tent and seed project with the G. Fume, Headband x Chem D and GMO x Obama on day 16F:

GMO x Obama #3 is a tall, stretchy pheno, which I’m thinking is the GMO leaner. The other two are a lot more stout and probably Obama leavers. I’m stoked to have a both representations, I can’t wait to see how they turn out. Here’s #3:

Here’s HB x Chem D #1 aka Wild Child:

Here’s one of the G. Fume plants, I can’t remember which one but I think this is #1. #2 and #3 were males and I believe #4 is in the back right.

Sorry if the pics are a bit dark. Trying to take shots that aren’t so over exposed.

The micro grow is filling in very nicely also! This is day 34F. Not the best group shot if I’m being honest but I’ll get a better one tmrw or something.

The tall one in the back left is the Phantom Cookie Domina. Had to clip her wings a little.

This Sherbert Fallen Soldier from CSI is already catching my eye! :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

12 Likes

As promised… Here’s a better group shot of the micro tent:

Sour Sorbet looking nice in the back right corner:

Here are a few pretty much identical phenos of Lonestar’s Sharon White Widow x C99 which have really stacked on some girth in the last few days!

12 Likes

Well, that was an interesting read. Mind if I tag along?
I like campfires. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How did the pollen collection turn out? Were the pods about ready to burst when you cut the branches?

Has the headband x chem d shown any sexual instability? Be awesome if you can find a few that don’t herm!

4 Likes

How did I of all people miss a thread called The Campfire :thinking: It was a fun read man.

5 Likes

Course not! Happy to have you, all are welcome around the campfire!

The pollen collection was a bust! I accidentally spilled a bunch of water in the bowl while collecting. I’m an absolute doofus!!! The cup of water on the counter thing worked amazing tho! I could not believe how healthy those branches stayed just from being submerged in water for 2 weeks or more. I removed them from the tent room obviously and waited until they were opening but when I was shaking the branches out into a large bowl I then proceeded to knock over the container of water and a huge splash landed directly on the pollen. I was pretty annoyed with myself and decided to abandon the idea.

I have not seen any intersex plants in the tent yet! Crossing my fingers on that one also.

Good to see you bud! I’m super behind on your threads and in need of a catch up.

Been meaning to update this thread and will asap. Life is a bit busy these days but the plants are starting to really beef up in the micro tent.

Pollination day for the main seed project in the next few days.

2 Likes

Did you need any pollen, I know a guy :wink:

1 Like

Haha I wouldn’t say no to some of your pollen bud but I don’t want to step on any toes if you have ppl knocking down your doors for it.

1 Like

:heart: :heart:

1 Like

LOL, I do but I have been sending it out wholesale and still got this as of yesterday. I am here to tell you that is a shit ton of pollen packs :wink:

6 Likes