The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

Last time I swam in the Grotto the water was really really warm! Was kinda weird. Not Florida piss-warm water but not Georgian Bay cold. :man_shrugging:

I also love boulder beach which is always empty as folks stay by the grotto :smiley:

FUCKING AWESOME!!! :heart:

3 Likes

My family has a cottage in Silver Lake and one in the Highlands, always been fond of Muskoka but at times it gets a bit too crazy up there. Rich kids HUGE parties all night long , had a boat stolen, jet ski taken, used then left floating between the shore and floating dock that beat the living piss out of my baby :pensive: and always people thinking your beach is anyones beach. Now silver lake is a different story, only 12 cottages on the entire lake, private entrance etc. I have some crazy memories of Muskoka and Sauble and spending many summers there. @Floyd the neighbour three over has a literal mansion “cottage” who’s boathouse is as big as my actual house lol. They donate to cancer patients several times a year. Awesome to know someone who that has benefited. So many of us are touched by that horrible disease in so many ways, any good coming out of it is more than welcomed .

9 Likes

Hey there fellow Canadians. I am in need of some help. Moka is coming to Canada and will be in the Toronto area. He is looking for good dispensaries while he is here but unfortunately I have not been to a dispensary in Toronto since we legalized. Anyone have any recommendations?

6 Likes

I’ve never been in one either and every time I turn around there’s another one in town. Lol. I think we have six now.

3 Likes

Hopefully someone has some experience with them. I can look them up for him but was hoping someone actually used one, lol. Hoping might be too strong a word, lol.

3 Likes

I have a one plant close to me but it’s like the McDonald’s of weed. I imagine he’s looking for better than OCS offerings @DougDawson ?

3 Likes

Ghost Drops hands down brother, absolute fire in every jar

5 Likes

Yes, I would think so. Don’t want the guy coming to Canada and smoking OCS shit, lol.

Cool, thanks.

4 Likes

Same problem! @Foreigner may have a decent idea.

@DougDawson what part of the GTA is @Moka going to?

3 Likes

He is coming to Toronto.

2 Likes

Last time I was in Toronto was for a few weeks in early 2019. There were these coffee shops called CAFE - Cannabis and fine edibles. The stuff there was pretty nice, good selection.

2 Likes

Okay, I guess for me that’s a loaded question as I live in Toronto (Scarborough), drive through Toronto (east York and “Toronto”) to get to work also in Toronto (Dufferin Grove, Toronto West)… it takes 45min minimum and I’m driving through as far as I’m concerned 4x cities based on the original 6 buroughs :rofl:

I assume you mean the area boarded by DVP/Bloor/Bathurst/LakeOntario which is what most refer to as “Toronto”.

Fuck is this place I just refer to as Mordor complicated! :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

East-side i’ve heard good things about: Green Merchant Cannabis Boutique
West-side i’ve heard good things about: Canna Cabana
Downtown: to many and so many university kids/condo folk to sell to I have no idea.

FYI; those mentioning these locations to me are all not growers so I’m not sure of their standards. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks for all the help! I’m super excited about going in June! I’ll be in downtown Toronto near little Italy. What are the smoking laws there? From what I’ve read public parks are okay for smoking?

Wish I could bring my own, but excited to try some new strains!

2 Likes

I would be careful about parks in case of kids. You can legally smoke here anyplace you can smoke cigarettes. So walking down the street is perfectly cool, lol. A bit of common sense and you will be fine.

1 Like

I appreciate the heads up. The last thing I want is to offend any parents or kids

1 Like

I hear you man. It’s really the only concerned these days. Don’t go near a school or kids, otherwise you are pretty much free to puff away. Pretty cool feeling to walk by a cop while openly smoking a joint and not be concerned.

1 Like

ALL legal cannabis stores buy from the OCS and therefore all carry (pretty much) the same products.

As previously mentioned, Ghost Drops does as close to “top shelf” as you’ll find but you’ll pay through the nose for it.

I feel the same way about all CARMEL products, with “Animal Face” being the best product I found so far.

Both of these producers products are pushing $50 for an eighth.

Citizen Stash is decent, their FPOG is quite delicious, their StoneWall is as well and 25% cheaper than the higher end stuff.

You can find decent priced ounces of o.k. Durban Poison, SLH and others ($89 and under) if you look.

Canna Cabana is the cheapest overall (that’s their motto) but every dispo will have specials.

4 Likes

Walking my big furry beast through the woods in a local park last summer, puffing a fattie as I’m known to do…walked into a clearing and came face to face with a woman (I’ll assume her name was Karen, obviously) and her two teenage sons.

She glanced at the dog, then at the burning doob in my mouth, flapped her arms and blurted out “but but, THE CHILDREN!!”…

I took a big puff, looked at her kids then back at her and said

"I don’t believe in giving drugs to kids.

What kind of parent ARE you?" and kept walking.

I could hear her kids laughing for a heck of a long time…

8 Likes

Keep in mind he is American, much cheaper for him once you consider the exchange rate.

giphy

2 Likes