The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

Anybody thinking about a rosin press, Princess Auto has a 10 ton bench top on sale 249.99 (reg 319.99) until Aug 16th.

Cheers
G

8 Likes

I was looking at that in the flyer the other day, going to have to change a couple of wheel bearings soon on the car, so that’s my excuse to the wife :roll_eyes::wink: works out roughly the same cost as the car repair shop prices.

6 Likes

Well I’m not Canadian but I’ve always wanted to go there and visit. Plus my favorite grower is from Canada so it makes sense lol. Maybe if I make it up there some of yall can show me some of those good buds!!

5 Likes

So I was over visiting Homegrown Hydroponics a couple days ago and discovered they are now carrying Raw Nutrients.
So any of you hydro growers that were disappointed after watching all those Harley Smith YT vids that Raw wasn’t in Canada - now it is! :+1: :sunglasses:
Also, Homegrown now seems to have an in-house brand called Dutch Nutrient. Don’t know anything about it but pricing is good. I did grab a small bottle of B1 for an upcoming project.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Homegrown Hydroponics has always carried Dutch Nutrient as far as I know . I used it years ago back in my hydro days .

5 Likes

I thought the name was familiar… :thinking:
Perhaps I never looked at the labels closely to realize it was an in-house brand :laughing:
What was your opinion of their nutrients?

I loved the Harley Smith vids.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I used them in a flood and drain system with good results .

4 Likes

On the hunt for dwarf auto seeds, having a hard time finding gens I am both interested in that can/will be shipped to our part of the world… any insights? Looking for heavy-hitting but wee little plants preferably indica leaning, the more the merrier!

2 Likes

Lots of 2nd and 3rd hand rumors going around regarding inspections but to be honest these types of rumors have been going on even before ACMPR.

I do have a somewhat recent 1st hand experience though. Last year in July I was at my friends house. He holds a 463 plant license. He got a knock on the door, camera showed 2 RCMP officers, but he answered anyways… nothing to hide, fully compliant.

Anyways, one of his neighbors complained about the smell which was a BS complaint… cops said they didn’t smell anything from the outside of the home. I do not think they called Health Canada prior to the showing up at his house. They were polite, told my friend they had a complaint regarding smell but also said they don’t notice any smell from the outside of the home. They asked my friend if he was growing and if he was licensed. My friend told them he is licensed and showed them his paperwork. They asked if they could come in and take a look. My friend said he currently has company over, me, and we had plans to leave, which we did. He asked if they could come back another time. Officer took his number down, called the following day to ask if it was ok to come on say a tuesday, don’t remember the actual day. What stood out to me was the date they wanted to come was 5 days after the initial knock. Keep in mind, there no warrant, everyone is being very polite and respectful, including my friend. 5 days later same RCMP show up, friend shows him the grow. They did do a plant count but did not look anywhere else in the house other than the grow space my friend allowed them to inspect. Also cops did not look or make any mention regarding the electrical work, plumbing etc.

This happened well over a year ago and since then no other dealings with RCMP. They thanked my friend for his time and like I said, everyone was very respectful. No follow up call, letter in the mail, nothing since they left that day after doing a plant count. Buddy told me entire “inspection” took less than 10 min and they were out.

6 Likes

DNF from Homegrown is THE BEST for cannabis, there’s no question imo. I’ve been using it for over 20 years and tried all the other big names. Not to mention saves a bundle of $$$.
The A/B Bloom/Grow liquid, or the raw mix-your-own “6 pack” are both AAA+.

5 Likes

The recent passing of BOG got me thinking about his seeds and preserving his work. I remembered seeing his stock being carried at a local seed-bank 3 years ago. So I did a little digging in my archives… GTA Seed bank and still in business & some stock.

https://www.gtaseedbank.ca/bog_seeds.html

Cheers
G

6 Likes

I ended up going with helladank in the states… gta seemed weird still having to mail cash and order lol

Edit** but if they still have stock then do it

3 Likes

I was checking them out a couple years before legalization, when they where in that ‘gray’ zone. Looks like they never changed. As I recall early on they had a store front down in the Eastern Ave. area but that disappeared when LEO started busting the illegal dispensaries.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I’ve mail ordered and bought in person back in the day from GTA. All was good both times.

You can email money transfer them too.

4 Likes

Good news for the Ontario folks, the Ontario Energy Board has declared the electricity rates for January 2021 to be $0.085… 24/7 for the month… COVID extension.
:partying_face:

Cheers
G

9 Likes

I’m happy about that too. Just so happens I’m flowering right now so it works out. I only wish they could keep it this way if they had the power to do it in the first place.

3 Likes

The increased carbon tax probably neutralizes those savings lol

5 Likes

0.115ish here so deal for you

5 Likes

You guys are lucky 18 cents a kw here with taxes. No cheaprate at night either and it’s due to go up again this year FFS. Nova Scotia power is a US company and a rip off.

4 Likes

F%$k NSP and Emera . Corporate welfare monopoly at its finest !!!

3 Likes