Are you in Cape Bretton Greenhighlander🤔

2 Likes

Cape Breton ? Never heard of it lol
My name comes from a salmon fly

2 Likes

Okay, my lateral thinking is off lol.

2 Likes

:us: diplomatic grammar inquiry:

Do you :canada: people refer to restaurant employees as “help”? (In the U and S and A it is more commonly described as “service”)

I read a google-review & couldn’t help but wonder if the author was Canuckian because ‘the help’ is a VERY antiquated, even derogatory term.

:man_shrugging: :nerd_face:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

It’s more of a southern term… I would call them servers though…

*Southern American…

4 Likes

No we don’t use that, as you said it is derogatory, and would only be used privately or offhand. Like the expression “It’s hard to find good help these days” is an insult referring to newbs and morons on the jobsite. I’ve always seen ‘help’ as a southern U.S. term for domestic employees, or a request for assistance… ‘Farmhand’ is the closest we use to ‘help’, but is a description more than a title and not derogatory. we still call them waitresses and waiters, up here…everyone in retail is a “customer service representative” which is a maligned catch-all phrase we use to give us frontliners a sense of importance. As in, “excuse me Ma’am I’m a CSR not a cashier” Cheers!

5 Likes

Service would be my ‘go to’ (southern Ontario). Help sounds ‘odd’.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Hmmm. Progress…MSN

3 Likes

Tim Hortons rollup…not a contest…not for those without cellphone… No contest just virtual buy bonus, so no cups no skill testing question…a virtual giveaway…which is actually, nothing…but a tax writedown for the company…very foreign owned of them…excluding most of their senior customers…smooth move Brazil…Tim Horton would ‘jersey’ the ceo of timmeualas if he were alive…

3 Likes

Wow that’s almost as cheap a rate as the Americans we sell our power to get! I might have to start heating my house with thousand watters lol

@Scissor-Hanz DNF is still the best base nute I’ve used to this day, and it’s also easy and cheap. Once my giant sack of mega crop runs out in 2025 I might just switch back.

Also I’ve had great results with other similar AB two parts like bigfoot and nutri+

5 Likes

Dude Tim’s roll up is how they decide who gets covid shot first this year

5 Likes

AHA! I’m frightened the matrix will glitch now…roll up your sleeve…holy shit…boycott…boycott!!! ahhhhh…I need a coffee lol

4 Likes

Wife just spit her coffee out from that comment…we could get sued, any memes showing the tims ‘prize’ as a covid shot appt. I need some time for a joint to recover LMAO Hilarious @lunchpale

4 Likes

I’ve been getting excited by Chronickyle’s Blue Velvet grow & started checking my bean vault
(…well, actually just the spreadsheet :laughing:).
I was getting multiple hits (genetically) so I started to look at putting some projects around it.

After turning over a few rocks I found “DJ Shorts Blueberry” at E.C. Genetics, located in Nova Scotia. Looks like the guy’s name is Michael MacDonald.
Looks like he might be running his own lines, anybody know about him?

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Damn I guess singing isn’t paying the way it used to. Must have heard selling seeds is good money.

(sorry couldn’t resist with my corny sense of humour) I haven’t heard of E.C genetics but just looked them up. Seems like they only offer fem seeds though.

3 Likes

Never heard of them here, E.C must be short for East Coast Genetics. I will have to find out where they are exactly here.

1 Like

I have never heard of them . So can’t speak on any of their gear. My guess is it is a company that was part of the corporate takeover green rush , called " legalization " .
Some nice pics on their site . But that BB pic looks hurtin lol

2 Likes

:wave: yo what up northerners. :laughing:

What brand/model of chainsaw is the best? You People know these things. :thinking:

(Just for home-owner use, not “real stuff”).

:evergreen_tree: ← lives outside of reality

5 Likes

get an electric chainsaw, they are light and way less dangerous to use.

6 Likes

That’s a loaded question. Like the Ford / Mopar thing.
I have always had Stihl and found them really dependable. Don’t use it a lot but probably 2-3 cords cut each summer for winter heat.

5 Likes