The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

Just ordered from here

They had a discount on 6 bottles and did shipping for $30 so :+1:

6 Likes

Guys… Forget all that alcohol shit. Read this article about infusing hemp oil immediately…

Blew my mind:

Gotta try this… Anyone ever done this before? Picked up a bottle of Nutiva Hemp Oil today at Loblaws for $14.99, going to try and infuse it this week.

7 Likes

I’v got a few questions for all you fellow Canadians. Do any of you know where I can get some Bodhi seeds and TonyGreens tourtured beans that takes credit cards and ships to Canada ? Also while I’m asking does anyone know where to get clone onlys up in the great white north? Thanks everyone!

Attitude for Bodhi , I think you’re out of luck on cc for Tony’s gear right now.

2 Likes

Well i can tell you this. Buying bitcoin with a credit card is really easy through the website coinbase.com and with bitcoin you could purchase what your looking for from here when its in stock. https://www.soaknbeans.com/seed-brands/tonygreen-s-tortured-beans

4 Likes

I really enjoyed that, thank you.

Hemp oil just made my shopping list. Now to figure out where weed comes from…

4 Likes

Thanks @Neb and @Kyumonryu !

3 Likes

For Crypto I would recommend a Canadian app called “Shakepay”. It’s SUPER easy to use. You can fund it by e-transfering money directly to it. Coinbase will not allow you to add Canadian Credit cards to fund your account. I tried. This rule just came into effect in July of this year. So Shakepay has found a loophole where you can e-transfer your money directly from a Canadian bank account. I do not work or have any affiliation with Shakepay but have used it MULTIPLE times to order from seedbanks such as The Seed Source & Seedsherenow with great success. Much easier than sending cash in the mail! Plus some banks will give you extras for paying with crypto. You loose a few bucks on the exchange but the convenience is remarkable. If you want to send money you just scan the QR code thing and BOOM! done.

4 Likes

Thats very interesting, it’s definitely a good balance ratio, pre industrial consumption of omega 3 and 6 was around 2 and 4 to 1 omega 6 to 3. Omega 6 is described to be an inflammatory fat, but their are no definitive studies, and Omega 3 is an anti inflammatory.

The problem is most people’s diets are already over saturated, pun intended, :wink: with omega 6 already, due to soya bean oil being very cheap and used heavily in the food industry.

So adding another high omega 6 source to your diet may be counter productive to your health whether it has a good balance with omega 3 or not.

We tend to think of food nutrients having the same principle of pharmacuitacle drugs, in that they are target specific, but the reality is everything we put in our bodies needs to be in balance with everything else, just like with growing weed, you will get lockouts and non function of some nutrients if out of balance with the rest.

Being deficient in any vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes and exercise, affects the functionality of all the other nutrients and how your body can utilize them. We need a complete entourage effect of all of these things for our bodies to function in a healthy way.

Most supplements of vitamins not derived from a plant source, are synthetic mass produced from petro chemicals by the pharmacuitacle industry and lack the entourage affect with the other parts that are left out and have limited benifits.

Your best source of vits, mins, amino acids and enzymes for your health is a whole food, organic diet, free from processed foods containing sugar, refined carbs, chemicals and preservatives.

Although our canabinoid system may be improved by what the article describes as a treatment, it may also be limited in its ability to still function fully because of other deficiencies, and the health state of your body as a whole.

It’s definitely something worth trying though, and as a topical it maybe better than swallowed if you have any liver or gall bladder disfunction affecting digestion and absorbtion, that a lot of people do.

6 Likes

I just read this article briefly, but your saying essentially that I can use cold pressed hemp seed oil and add cannabis to it either decarbed or not decarbed to make capsules for pain relief?

I’ve tried the alcohol ones before with mixed results. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Yep! I’ve read and re-read the article and it seems as easy as allowing it to dissolve in the oil for a few days, straining it and then that’s it!

My plan was that if I wanted to activate the THC, I would decarb before adding as to not damage the oil by heating it. I’m a bit skeptical about not activating the Cannabinoids though and will need to do further reading but Todd states in the article multiple times that they are still beneficial even if inactivated. I have an aunt going through chemo at the moment so this method seems to be the easiest way to flood her system with Cannabinoids.

Will report back.

2 Likes

@Shadey excellent point and I see where you’re coming from. It’s definitely wise to not think of any one thing as an all in one solution for health and ailments.

3 Likes

Ordering cold pressed hemp seed oil now.
Wondering if Plain old Omga 3 would work just as well?

My wife stopped smoking cannabis, she’s afraid of lung issues. So I’ve been looking for better consumption ideas. Since edibles make her “Fat” in her words lol

5 Likes

:joy: excuse the laughter but I’ve heard all sorts of funny stuff like that from my wife.

I honestly would stick to the Hemp Seed oil bc I can neither confirm or deny that Omega 3 oil would work just as well or has the solvent power that hemp seed oil does to dissolve the trichomes as described in the article.

I know that they sell the Nutiva at Loblaws and real Canadian superstore. I looked online and it was much more expensive, almost doubly the price in some circumstances. I picked mine up at Loblaws for $14.99 compared to $21-$30 + I was finding online at Walmart and Amazon.

3 Likes

I’m definitely tryin this TODAY with Organic cold pressed hemp seed oil - brand Nutiva 473ml sized.
Ordered 2 bottles for home delivery :relieved: :hugs:

I’ll make 1 decarbed and 1 not decarbed and see which one my wife prefers.

Do you have a recipe? Like how many grams of cannabis to use per how many ounces of oil?
@NorthNorthNugs

This is great since my wife is essentially Vegan & she doesn’t consume any oils other then extra Virgin :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: it will be a good source of Omga 3 & 6 as well as Cannabis.

2 Likes

I would Google proper dosing procedures or do a quick search on here. You’ll want to measure the amount of cannabis you’re adding and the amount of oil you’re adding it to. There will be some math involved haha

3 Likes

I did exactly that. Found a recipe.
Using 3.5 G to a 1/4cup of oil.

5 Likes

I was curious about this as I’ve been wanting to get some of chimera’s gear from breeders retail. So thanks!

3 Likes

how was results ?

1 Like

Heads up my East Coast peeps! Swells are a comin’

2 Likes