The Cannabinoid Responsible for Indica Effects

Doing more research into cannabinoids and their effects to understand more about why I prefer certain kinds of strains. Wanted to share a short breakdown of CBN which I hope that you find to be of some value:

1. CBN is what forms when THC breaks down.

2. Apparently, CBN is responsible for the sedative effects of indica strains.

3. It has been said that 5 mg of CBN has been said to be as effective as 10mg of Valium.

Just wanted to share this because I thought this information would be helpful to others. I found it enlightening, and I hope you do also. Side note, CBD also has sedative effects and is found more often in indica strains. Anyway, cheers :palm_tree:

7 Likes

the thing about reports like this is they don’t take into account folks like myself. for some reason vape pens, most edibles, and almost all extracts do not work on me and i have heard others echo this. we may not be the majority, but we are out there. the only thing that does work on me is using the whole plant, all the time, and not vaporizing it for some reason.

when i was growing before, the other wife made edibles that would rock your world in the crockpot with a pound of butter and all the trimmings including fan leaves that had built up over the grow as i defoliated everything under the scrog. right now, i can eat what they call 100mg of thc in the edibles, and have eaten up to 500mg at once, and barely get a buzz. full melt bars from co a few years ago were the shit and the only edible i liked that would do something for me. maybe my tolerance is as high as i am, but i think it is body chemistry.

i also learned about industrial cannibis here in wv, and with $400 of hemp license instead of a $mil worth of medical cannibis license you grow mids. i’m going to get one for the farm and breed out the thca and in the thcv into some strains. research allows you to skip the testing to remain under the limit for thca, and since i will be breeding that out, of course the tests will reveal some in the beginning. maybe i’m just not that good at breeding out the thca, and of course i won’t let it reach the market, it will be burned at the farm.

post as much research as you find, i am eating it all up and hoping to add to it soon.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

Interesting. Perhaps that is better than the THC and CBD focus of the popular culture.

That is a very high tolerance! If I ate an edible that loaded I might actually have a seizure lol.

Seems like a worthwhile project. Given the potential for other cannabinoids to be of great value, this sounds like it may present the opportunity to get ahead of the wave and optimize strains for so much more. May your cannabreeding project be blessed. :pray: :palm_tree:

1 Like

thanx. turns out things took a hell of a urn today. i’m gonna be a father. at 53. she’s 6, cutest thing named elizabeth. damn. but the industrial cannibis thing is gonna be fun anyway, now i just have an apprentice. my grandkids live on right next to the farm so she would be occupied.

if thcv is good for diabetes and weight loss like they say i may be able to get wvu to do a research study on it with me growing for them since i already have the licenses and am setup for it when i present it to them. be good for the state also. probably good for my daughter to do her masters thesis on. who knows.

1 Like

Congrats! May your fatherhood and your growing be blessed.

Btw you might find interesting this intro to an article about breeding for cannabigerol, which has very strong therapeutic value: tinyurl.com/cannabigerolbreeding

Notably, it states that they bred strains to exclusively produce CBG because they lacked the enzymes to break that down into THCa, CBDa, etc.

Seems like developing strains useful to isolate individual cannabinoids could be a very interesting endeavor. With your focus on isolating cannabinoids, if you have the licensing, there is so much potential to deliver value.

2 Likes

@sfzombie13 I would also ask you to keep track of the terpenes or smells you’re getting, it could potentially help us identify which plants contain certain cannabinoids, as I have a feeling that terpenes might be linked to cannabinoids, or cannabinoid groups.

If we could select plants for certain cannabinoids by smell alone it would save us from having to test. :+1:

Would be of great help for people in countries where they can’t get tests done.

Made a thread about it here: Are certain terpenes indicators of certain cannabinoids?

1 Like

i’m open to anything but right now i call terpines a load of crap. marketing bullshit. but i will read your thread and i always keep an open mind when experimenting. thanx for that info.

1 Like