The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Would you say West and East coast Mexican genetics have the same ancestors or likely different ones? Are there Mexican landrace strains you have tried that stand apart for an effect that is different than what you are used to or do they all have that positive, upbeat, energetic (and sometimes psychedelic) high?

5 Likes

Pots are 20" x 20" inches

I don’t know how to work out how to convert to gallons.
But there pretty big.

@Upstate

As for the Panapus LOL ye nipped at the 3rd node, the others are all nipped at four.

Regards

P J

8 Likes

Mue amigo brasileiro…essas coisas acontecem… tente de novo LOL. Suas fotos estão ótimas.

Tomar cuidado.

There’s no such classification like west coast and east cost bro. Is not like that
México got a old history about migrations and many of the people who’s came here brought seeds from they origin places, You can find asían ancestors plants on Sinaloa or even for Africa,also mexican share everything,i know for a very good friend of mine that some growers from Sinaloa got many old genetics bring it from other parts of the country, like Michoacán so nothing easy no know the real origin.
All the old méxican that i used to smoke always was happy positive effect,some very racy and very deep mental.certainly farmers was selected the plants for work no for relax, in the past marihuana was for hard workers.

9 Likes

Nice. The serrations on those leaves is really cool. Too bad you had to get rid of it.

2 Likes

Next strain to work with. Guerrero landrace, a very rare sativa from the highlands of guerrero. Guerrero have some of the more potent, special and inaccessible smoke of mexico. Not my picture, is from elchischas.

2 phenos of destroyer, reversing. Destroyer is 50% central american hybrid, so its related to this thread? Almost ready to hit some bshw and copper canyon heirlooms.

17 Likes

What all is everyone working on?

1 Like

Lots of good stuff going on here. Some beautiful sativas being grown and showcased. Pull up a chair and check it out.

I think we’ll let this one slide lol. @elchiscas may know something about the Mexican used in Destyoyer😉

Sounds like you could find anything anywhere then.

6 Likes

I’m definitely here for the duration.

3 Likes

Yeah, elchischas know very well what mexican is in destroyer. By the way, is a “verde limon”

3 Likes

I grew Cannabiogens Destroyer .around two years ago.

One of the best plant I’ve grown here.

And boy it is well Named…Totally does destroy you. Great smoke would grow it again in a heartbeat.

Regards

PJ

22 Likes

This is Cannabiogens description below…that’s the one I grew…says it’s x with Meo Thia.

Description

This 100% Sativa strain is a cross of Meao Thai and an early and stable Mexico/Colombia. The exceptional backcross of two of Cannabiogen best females took over 7 years. The total acclimatization of the mother Thai has been so difficult that Cannabiogen decided to introduce an earlier Sativa, as well as productive, and add its characteristics. The result is a strain which represents the state-of-the-art of Sativa with an exotic predominance of Thai. The small and numerous bracteas are covered with a big amount of trichomes full of THC, carrying even 92 trichomes in some bracteas by mm2. Environmental conditions should be rather dry during bloom. Flowering period is from 8 to 12 weeks depending on growing conditions. Medium/high yield outdoors and might be less indoors.

Edit…mine took 14 weeks

10 Likes

OST tester Going in the oven…

Right now it is more greasy than sticky and has a softer smell. Sweeter than I expected but hard to tell inside the tent.

Big ol’ seed!

Yes it’s not done. This branch was growing into the plant next to it anyway and I gots to know. lol

@Upstate

15 Likes

What temperature and for how long do you put it in the oven for?

1 Like

No higher than 212*f for as long as it takes, something this small maybe 45 min- 1hr. You want to drive off the water without decarbing.

I fold a try from aluminum foil.

1 Like

I grew Purple Haze x Meao Thai by Ace a bunch of years back. Plant went 150+ days and was great smoke, but not so good I’d run it again. Definitely hard to dial in.

22 Likes

Also, haze x landrace cross in a 7g fabric pot in a 2x2 = hilarity ensues…

7 Likes

gmike its a very good friend of mine,he got two of the best Destroyer cuts around. More than 20 years ago i sent the Verde Limón strain that Estai (one of the Cannabiogen original breeders) used to create the Destroyer hybrid, in order to decrease the very long flowering time of the Thai side. This its one if the old Thai phenos on the first destroyer batchs
IMG_20201012_221903

28 Likes

It’s not a waste if you get a taste lol

3 Likes

I think you showed me that picture before. One of the most epic sativa plants I’ve ever seen. I hope I get a plant like that someday

6 Likes