The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

You’re welcome, some great weed in your future. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Did your Oaxaca plant finish yet?

4 Likes

Pics coming this evening, the green one is about there but there’s still new growth on the wheat one. It’s really something to see.

Here’s my morning (day’s) bud from the fuzzy Oaxacan. This has a more floral aroma and is not racy at all but is whole body feel good with a cheerful vibe. Automatic smiles. Killer concert smoke, pin joint worthy. Dugout material for me.

It hung for about 10 days, a week in the jar.

24 Likes

Hold that up on a full moon and it’ll look like a fuzzy glow stick!!! :heart:

Wonderful work @GREANDAL !

8 Likes

almost there. she is sitting in at 14 almost 15 now. im close i think
was thinking next week do the chop? There are branches though that seem to be done faster than some of the others so maybe partial harvest?
all i know is i have a clone of this and ill keep this one around for a bit and make some seed.
again @Upstate thank you for getting me some of the seed

19 Likes

Those are looking wonderful blendmedman! How are the aromas?

Wish I could help Greandal out on those, they look killer. Hopefully I will join you guys in a few months…put three beans in the dirt yesterday. Thank you Upstate! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Wheat gal shoots out another round. Believe it or not she actually seems to be gaining a little weight.

The big green one looks 10-15 days from done. As far as output this is the most productive pheno I saw. Looking a lot like yours @blendmedmedman

25 Likes

Hot Damn! I’m popping more of these soon lol. Well done!

11 Likes

Thank you @Pigeonman! Bike reflectors!

6 Likes

Hows the OST? Building resin?
I love the wheat pheno Oaxaca. Looks like some great smoke. Easy to prune lol. Grip and strip. The others look very potent. Curious to know your favorite after all are sampled. I like the looks of your plants. These are wwll worth a second round. I have 2 seedlings going now from Old Silversides. May have to add a few😁

5 Likes

Oh! Sorry only one pic before the lights went out.

Getting there. The plant in the rear looks better, with big Thai calyxes.

13 Likes

Nice! Must be hard waiting at this point. Way to go. Another 4-6 weeks maybe. I see both Oaxaca and Thai in that one. Looks Great. Can’t wait to see miss big calyx.

3 Likes

I’m still smoking from last summers few Oaxaca plants. One of those Wheat phenos will fill a half gallon jar with mainly just calyx’s so it lasts quite a while even getting into it every day.

6 Likes

I love the spindly wheat pheno. Reminds me very much of one of the Oaxacan leaning Red Snakes I had this past fall. It was one of the best of the whole pack too even with a low yield. Great floral and citrus aromas.

4 Likes

Man, I hope I find a wheat pheno myself! That one looks awesome to me

5 Likes

@GREANDAL really nice to see, yours looks nice as well, the strain is defiantly something everyone should grow at least once.
@Upstate i can send a cut one the other clone gets big enough, just let me know and id be more than happy to

6 Likes

U getting any of the smells I got like cookie dough? Growing this plant is so worth it. Was excellent smoke some of the best I ever had. Not overwhelming but very positive. Will be growing the OSTXOST soon as I can

5 Likes

This comes up every now and then. Can a clone really survive being sent in the mail? I have wondered about this…do you root it first or what? Seems iffy to me…

4 Likes

Absolutely, and depends on what you mean by “a clone” because bare-root roses have been a thing for decades…but I have seen people ship barely rooted cuttings in ziplocs with wet paper towel and end up with an elite keeper from across the continent, it’s crazy!

4 Likes

i root them or get a cut about the size of my hand or your hand. they work out great, but it depends on the weather, if it is cold it works better but if the weather is hot not so good cause then things dry out.
yes though you can send cuts/clones through the mail you just have to send it right and wrapped up air tight and most importantly damp. the cuts take longer to root but eventually they will take root.
i ve sent clones through out the usa with only one problem one time as the mail took longer than it should have and things got hot. only iffy thing is getting cuts or clones from people you do not know.

3 Likes