The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Check out this giant freak bud.

I had to cut off the top so it’s actually two side buds merged into one.

18 Likes

Yes, same age. They germinated within 24 hours of each other.

3 Likes

Awesome! Keep us updated. :+1:

2 Likes

Beautiful black seed :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Sweet mother room!

2 Likes

Holy moly Mon! That is freaking stash and half. You’re going to be busy for a couple of years. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes brother I know I went ahead and broke down and got’em , didn’t want to gamble if he never rereleased some of these lines and miss the opportunity. He has such amazing deals for 1st time buyers on top of being a really great breeder, librarian, great human being. I’ll never do business with anyone else. I told him I have everything I’ve ever dreamed of and will not be getting anymore beans , I’ve got a collection now to play with for the rest of my life and future generations if they do choose to. Super happy and relieved my bean library is complete or let’s say I’m very content. I’ll be looking forward in the future to 1st preserving each line in its full capacity, then making fun crosses . :pray:t2::+1:t2::heart: And I will not forget the ones who have shared with me :wink: a lot of neat things coming down the pike.

9 Likes

John (who is Legendary Genetics AND Snowhigh) is great. I noticed that a pack he sold me was twice as much as on a website selling his stuff. This was after I had already paid him. After letting him know he sent me double the amount I ordered and let me chose a full pack as a freebie PLUS sent me 2 other full packs of different freebies. That more than made up for me feeling a bit jipped even though it wasn’t his fault at all. He had no reason to make it up to me but did it anyway. Better believe I’ll be spending more money with him. So the truth is, even if you find better deals on his stuff from his distributors you’ll still lose out if you don’t order from him directly because of his full pack freebies. His distributors only send you about 4 regular seeds from his lines as freebies…if anything at all. I know since I’ve order from 3 different companies already. One gave freebies but of someone else’s work.

5 Likes

Tell me more! Crazy looking seeds. I’m already in love!
@Foreigner nice nug! Is that Everyday Haze?

6 Likes

Hey man, yeah it’s the Everyday Haze. Lots of strange things happening with this grow but I’m liking her and she smells great.

She’s s lot to handle :joy:

5 Likes

Looks like the name @lefthandseeds picked out is a good one. With nugs that big you’ll have enough to smoke everyday😁

2 Likes

Anyone ever hear of Purple Michoacan? Or at least ever see true-purple sativas varieties that didn’t require cold manipulation? Saw this this morning, and it makes me curious about Michoacan varieties :thinking:

Hell, kinda opens pandoras box for all the Mexican state varieties…

I dont know the guy well enough to bombard him with questions. I should ask anyways… but eh, I’m a shy guy

4 Likes

Someone on og grew or is growing some. Might be pictures earlier in the thread. Oaxaca can get purple. Old Silversides went light purple outdoors at the end.
Some landraces that may have given rise to SW Mexican gene pool can be purple. @Elchischas what do you think? Is that Purple Michoacan on strainly pure? I passed thinking it was not, but learning some more info since then I think it could be…

2 Likes

He is my very good friend, and he got a lot of interesting stuff but that Michoacan its a hybrid

6 Likes

Its a hybrid bro, there’s at least two very know Michoacan strains, probably in the past there’s more lines than no longer éxist,but as a popular strain there’s no purple Michoacan.
Michoacán Red

18 Likes

Some old photos from Cannabiogen breeder Charlie García/Kaiki of the “Michoacan 4 seasons”
This Michoacán 4 seasons it comes from old school grower “4 seasons” he gave to Charlie García a very old batch of Michoacán seeds and Unfortunately he just can sproud one Seed, still alive just in cut form

image_128174
image_128176

26 Likes

Thanks ! I have little information on this strain. the seeds were very difficult to obtain. Elchischas had to travel a few hundred km to collect the seeds. They are high mountain sativa, family of the monkey poo and Acapulco Gold. If im not wrong, my seeds and the plants in the pics are the same strain

22 Likes

very rare indeed !!!

2014-04-23-23-50-52-1880016484

6 Likes

Beautiful plants. I love those skinny leaves. Mexican strains have so many pretty colors at harvest time.
Michoacan Red… that’s the name of one of the Michoacana lines? Is the other Limon Verde?
I know it’s a lot of work but maybe sometime you could make us a list of the known Mexican varieties from the different states along with flowering times/ terpene profiles if they are known. I’m only familiar with a couple and there is no other place to find this information but you.
Interesting… I see resin on the flower stalks of that Michoacan Red. Have you seen that with any other Mexican land races aside from Oaxaca?

7 Likes

What’s is that lol

1 Like