The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Hi Elchischas,

Do you think the Verde Limon is the strain Kaiki used in his Michoacan Cream? That was his 50-50 hybrid with the Peyote Purple and it certainly has some very lemony and hashy buds, usually grows tall with little branching, highly colorful fall colors at the finish. An amazing hybrid plant.

6 Likes

Hi all…
@allotment
Hi bro, how are you? I’m just trying to put some light and share the few things that i know :pray:t6:
@lambchopedd hi, bro how are you?
Yes that kind of hybrids are good for comercial purposes but the people on this days learn a lot and eventually people will want other strains.
@RoryBorealis how are you bro?
Yes i get you,i used to do marcial arts and mainly box that things give you another perspective of the life.
@TexasTea hi bro how are you?
Kaiki/Charlie García used the four seasons Michoacan for that hybrid. At that time he already lost the Verde Limón seeds. I admire a lot his work but he never really was a preservacionist guy.

14 Likes

Hi Bro…
I’m sure that plants was related to chinese strains
México was knowed for the country of the 1000 strains. There’s a lot microclimates and areas where used to grow a unique kind of cannabis, a lot was gone for ever but still remain many strains.
I’m just tried the Michoacán one and its really good. I’m just heard about the Puebla red hair (Oaxacan Red hair, probably same strain) but people says its a really good one too .
I haven’t idea what farmers and locals call it “caca de cabra” must have some recemblance to the real goat shit lol i don’t know.

10 Likes

Nice! Good looking plant. Have you harvested the others yet? Some people were asking about flowering time. What do you think? 15 weeks?

3 Likes

I found the ones I harvested…were …13 weeks for the bushy type and the lanky ones went fifteen weeks…

I cut th last one down about three weeks ago…got just over a ounce when dried …
And the smoke is real nice, laid back, and couch lock a few times …I had some friends here last week and they all liked it…though one mate had a whitey. It was very sociable as everyone started coming out there shells and gibberish about nothing LOL

That plant when I cut it down I just put it away in a corner, as there was some very small buds …two weeks and a bit later it seems to have went into a new cycle…when still on 12 hours.

Also the little plant in the foto is Six weeks old compared to the big one (7 weeks)….I put the little plant into the greenhouse straight out of the paper towel when it germed…I’m trying to find out how long it takes to grow from seed to flower in a Equitorial country.? The big one was in the veg room on 16/8

Well that’s about all for now.

You all take care.

P J

13 Likes

Thank you for the info Elchischas. Your insights and perspectives are really helpful for folks who are trying to get a grasp on the Mexican genetics. I had no idea there were literally hundreds of different cultivars at one time, so that alone is very interesting info.

11 Likes

Agree 100%

The knowledge and experience of growers etc here is exceptional.

And of course passing this knowledge on does deserve a big pat on the back.

Truly my favorite thread on OG

Thanks

12 Likes

I want to show you guys an old photos of a mexican strain that I like a lot. I never saw it again. As I said, no only I grow just for the Poi also i love so much the structure of the plants,and this one was a really beautiful one.
IMG_20201001_145427

25 Likes

That’s definitely what I think of when I think of Mexican “Palmetto “ beautiful leafs, structure.

@Elchischas
How many years ago was this and how come no preservation?

6 Likes

This is an amazing looking plant!

3 Likes

Sure is… Totally Hermosa

Merry xmas

3 Likes

Also I notice the “Double serrated leafs”
I see that in old lines not sure if it’s tied to a certain region historically or what?

Very pretty and interesting.

3 Likes

Looks like 12 Fingers @Elchischas? That’s your creation? I see 13 actually. Reminds me of some Mexican i grew back in 92 or 93 maybe. 13 fingers. Didn’t come close to finishing. Little pinky nail buds when the frost killed it in early November. Beautiful leaves.

5 Likes

Here you go @Upstate. Grabbed a few before I hit the road again. She is 111 days today.

23 Likes

Colombian Gold !

Hermosa

5 Likes

Awesome! Looks like an alien😁 i see all that resin forming underneath that leafy disguise! She has a ways to go yet. Going to be massive. Truly a loooong flower!

4 Likes

Ron, I’d like to shrink down, Ant-Man style, and live on your buds. Lmao. Beautiful brother!!

3 Likes

So one time and one time only, I got a quarter of a sack somebody was calling “AG”. It’s the only time I’ve ever had any and it was years ago but I’ve missed it ever since. I remember certain characteristics and i had a bit of “hmmmm…” moment reading the goat shit reference lol - it was small, marble sized buds, all perfectly round, and brown-ish (not mids/dirt brown but definitely not green). Golden brown maybe. They had a subtle orange-citrus smell and taste and the high was uplifting and day-brightening. Whether it was or wasn’t “AG”, idk but just thought it was interesting to read what y’all are saying about the caca. Thanks for listening.

[/quote]

10 Likes

Sounds like some great smoke whatever it was. Could indeed have been AG. I haven’t tried that one yet. Oaxaca gets that same golden/ brown color. In my opinion a mark of quality smoke. What year was this?

2 Likes

I just want to point something out here. Such a good opportunity…
The late resin formation of some Sativas. Anyone just getting into growing is probably told to harvest when half the " hairs "turn color. Like i read and was told. Like in the photo above. Back in 2006 or so I tried Super Silver Haze. When half the hairs had turned( like my hybrid) there was little resin or smell. I thought I was growing hay and I pulled it. It was right where this one is now maturity wise. Had i only known the secret of late Sativas.
You have to harvest according to the resin glands, which you can see above are still small and clear. A no brainer for those that have experience with these types, but not for new growers. How many people have flowered a plant for 3 or even 4 or more months and chucked it, wasting all that time and effort and giving up just as things were getting good?
Of course sometimes it IS hay lol, but many times “Good things come to those that wait” !

19 Likes