The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Covid certainly explains a lot of the recent disappearances.

3 Likes

@Upstate thank you my brother care package landed safely!

Very grateful and look forward to running these with some of the Mexican lines this summer. :pray:t2:

3 Likes

Thanks man. She’s really making some moves now!

1 Like

Is that Upstates preservation of Oaxacan? Looks really good

2 Likes

Thanks man, no it’s lefthands every day haze mostly panama.

4 Likes

Oh nice I saw you thanked upstate and thought it was his Oaxacan. I just received some. Pretty happy

3 Likes

I believe I’ve got some on the way too and I’m pretty excited about it.

2 Likes

He already answer me a few moments ago…
Everything goes good!
Thanks bro

2 Likes

It takes ages with them… What a pitty

3 Likes

They look great. Any smells yet?

1 Like

Every time I’ve had buds with that particular shape its been great smoke. That will be looking awfully tasty in a couple/ few weeks.

4 Likes

I have never tried buds shaped like this but I’m excited to find out!

5 Likes

For the first time ever I’ve managed to keep the first leaves looking healthy on a Sativa. Huixtepec is a pleasure to grow. The biggest one has kept pace with the biggest Lambsbread…not easy.

So happy there are all these Mexican and other West Hemisphere strains being grown at once and all in the same thread. Great for comparison.

15 Likes

Nice work w them baby leaves! In comparison, I’m thinking my soil is still too hot for the Oaxaca. What do you think @Upstate ?

I used my lighter blend, but it seems I prob need to make a separate sativa/landrace batch entirely. Maybe by mixing in more of my soil from the outdoor garden?

5 Likes

@catapult Yup. Soil is a little too strong. They can handle about 50% foxfarm ocean Forest. I sometimes use a garden soil that is on the heavier side with ( my garden soil) lots of clay, so i lighten it up with lots of perlite and mix this 50 /50 or even more like 60/40 % garden soil to foxfarm. This is 75 or 80% total of my mix. Then i add compost and castings cut with perlite. 25% castings, 25% seafood compost, 50% perlite…and i use this blend for the other 20 or 25% of my first mix. I also use this compost castings blend for any feeding needed between transplants.

4 Likes

Ok @Upstate

Two Double Panama red fem…two weeks from the flip on the large plant.

The small one was the one I germed natural at 12 hours….Well it flowered same time as the big one vegged on 16/8

So from seed to flower it took about 8 weeks…same as the big one.?

Also I nipped at the second nodes on these to see if I could increase the yield….past two grows I nipped at fourth node.

And we’re kinda lanky and tall.thes ones are growing more side growth…We will see …long while to go how yield ompares.

Well Happy Easter to you all

Regards

P J

13 Likes

For veg these days I am using Happy Frog. I am considering adding EWC, but so far so good.

1 Like

This falls in line with age determined flowering of some tropical cannabis. They will ( with short days)flower after they hit sexual maturity, which can be achieved under any light cycle…looking good :+1:

5 Likes

Do you recall how long it took for the Oaxacas to reach sexual maturity?

4 Likes

More for the special sativa crowd !

Western Nepali small bud formation is - almost non existent.
It sparkled like a snowflake in the morning sun and was the sweetest most citrus smell - Only found in the top half of the mountain above 2700m.

28 Likes