The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Ye felt a wee tad humbled this morning…I’m glad everything is hunky dory now.

7 Likes

That’s what men do. Setting a fine example fellas. Can’t say I’m surprised. Great bunch all around in this thread.
It’s turned into all i had envisioned and more. If someone were to read the whole thread they would learn lots of valuable info and we have just scratched the surface😁
It seems like every couple of weeks a new landrace or landrace hybrid is being showcased and I’m loving it!

14 Likes

I’ll get pics up soon of my five Oaxaca. I’m getting off to a slow start but they can finish inside. I have to put them into bigger pots tomorrow and snd get them on to growing like a tree. I’ll put them/it into a large pot I can dolly through the doors to the house. They’re pretty seedlings. They’ve been tough, too. I couldn’t find my bottle of LITFA when they started sprouting. So, they’re pulling through from all I did and from using the shit I use when I don’t have LITFA. :no_mouth:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :money_mouth_face: :smile_cat:

6 Likes

Looking forward to pictures. I’ll take a few too. Hardy landrace. Can handle too wet, too dry, no food, high temps/ low temps. Very versatile.

2 Likes

Some pictures from me soon too, I decided to run them outside. I will be out of town some and they will do better in dirt with mother nature raining on them and such.
I will cut clones in late June or July to be on the safe side.

2 Likes

Thought I would stop in and post my progress
with Her Majesty x (Highland Mexican x Blueberry).
She is at about day 33 here and appears to have stopped stretching. Very compact plant overall with little to show for the stretch phase. So in that regard she seems to take after her mom. The pistils on the flowers are long and spindly like the HMxBB and that is extra interesting to me. Two strong, easily identifiable traits that lend to either the father or the mother.
Not much to report on smell of resin at this point.

I was trying to break down its background and am guessing its 50% Mexican from the two sides. Blueberry has Mexican, Thai and Afghan genes. Her Majesty is half Queen Mother and thats African genetics. So an interesting brew, but not over the top Mexican by any means.
Let me know if I don’t meet the genetic threshold to be posting in this thread…

18 Likes

Interesting mix. Always wanted to try queen mother. Knowing what i know now about thcv I’m thinking it might have high levels due to strain description.
I keep hearing of the hm/bb. It always gets good reviews What mexican was used? Oaxaca or Guerrero I think…?
Heres a HM/BB description…

Uuuh. I think we’ll let it slide😁 that sounds amazing! Qeen mother is part Zamal i think? What is the other half of her majesty?

12 Likes

I have the hmxbb f1s and will run them after while …I think…maybe.:wink:

8 Likes

As I understand it, Guerrero was what was used by Chimera.
Queen Mother is La Reunion x Unknown Sativa x Congo. The other half of Her Majesty is a Mexican donated to Original Delicatessen from Robert Clarke.
Thanks for the enthusiasm for my posts people!

12 Likes

Here is a purple pheno Punta Cometa Oaxacan at week 10 in flower. Some Malawi Gold pollinated the ladies.

38 Likes

Well done! Can’t wait to read the smoke report. Malawi + Oaxacan = Marshmellow Minefields. :fire: :fire:

5 Likes

Holy cola batman! Are the calyxes purple as well?

4 Likes

The calyxes are purple too! Two very distinct pheno with the PCO, green and purple.

5 Likes

Punta Cometa is new to me. Stunning plant!

5 Likes

who knows about the Jalisco sativa? @upstate i am looking to grow these and make some seeds, im looking for some seeds start this. any help?

3 Likes

The Landrace Team has a variant of Jalisco.

4 Likes

Any word on how authentic their Jalisco is?

3 Likes

yes i seen but im looking for info on it and if someone here has grown it out ect.

2 Likes

@blendmedmedman I Haven’t seen it grown out yet. The only Jalisco I know of is from tlt like @RoryBorealis has mentioned. I would make sure there are no cheaper options but theirs is likely legit. @Elchischas would have to confirm but I’d guess flowering time to be slightly less or the same as Guerrero strains. 13-16 weeks.

4 Likes

yeah im thinking of grabbing some to run and make seed, i figured i would ask in here if anyone has info, run them, has seed to spare before i grabbed them.
they sound nice though. so im in the states do they the land race team ship here to the usa?
thank @upsate

2 Likes