The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Hermosa…look at those perfect leaves…exellent!

4 Likes

Hope your feeling better.

4 Likes

@Panamajock your pics always make me wanna expatriate!

7 Likes

Mannnnn, incredible!!! :heart_eyes::smiley: thanks for sharing that @Panamajock ! Your experience reminded me of one of mine - being in Costa Rica when I was 12 and seeing a green basilisk run across the stream we were hiking by!! So cool. Unbelievable place! :heart:

5 Likes

You and @Perro @HeadyBearAdventures

Are making me blush…I’m so happy you like the fotos…it does add a wee bit off magic to the H&L thread.

I got a spare room …if anyone of you wants to visit you be welcome.hiking in Highlands is superb.

Viva la vida

Viva la Vida

6 Likes

Yeah, that! :laughing:

4 Likes

I may just take you up on that! I spent six weeks in Ecuador and Peru about 3 years back, but flew right over Central.

4 Likes

It ain’t five star …but the Casa is in the Parque National Volcan Baru…hard to get to…but once you here …Whaa this mountain and the valley of the moon are special.

I’ve rented the room out occasionally past years to supplement my pension… to folks who like hiking, and are free spirits.

9 Likes

where can i acquire some of those Chihuahua beans been looking for something from there for awhile.

4 Likes

i haven’t been able to find anywhere that has chihuahua genetics if anybody knows of a breeder or seedbank that carries some lmk :pray:

2 Likes

Reptiles are amazing, Unfortunately we got some real nice snakes here on the mountain and in the different Zones.

Fuck man are they persecuted…The local indigenous Indians (Knobe .Bri Bri clans) all wear wellingtons when working in the fields etc…but also carry machetes…it’s…sign of a snake…whoosh it’s heads off…

90% are nonvenomous …and the Fere de lance keeps away from humans.

Lots of things to learn and lots of things to share.

Apologies to fellow H & L thread for getting off thread…It’s the double Panama :panama: Red from @upstate …that’s it finished…

8 Likes

Wow, I was getting lost in that website, as in dreaming. It’s beautiful. thx

6 Likes

Three years ago me and my cousin done the Volcan Baru…

Seven hours through five climate Zones…

Ye we put the Scottish flag with the Chiriqui flag for respect of our guides…

25 Likes

Looking good g-man! I’d say you have some time before you need to transplant. They stay healthy in small containers for quite some time. As long as you transplant before week 8-10 of flower, they will still gain size after the transplant. The earlier you transplant the bigger they get. Will you be trying to flower these naturally?

4 Likes

Unfortunately there are no seeds available from that state… maybe @gmike will change that someday😁
The Landrace Team has Sinaloa, which may be similar.

5 Likes

One only need see a bull collapse and die from a bite to understand why dem machete sharp. I understand though, it’s a shame all the species have to pay for the power of one.

Snakes remind us on an instinctive level we’re only monkeys :monkey: and we need to slow down and pay attention. Knee high in a rice paddy one questions one’s life decisions… :snake: :eyes:

4 Likes

I just noticed the cross that is on top of the mountain is visible in that bottom photo on top of the cliffs. That’s a gnarly Peak. Didn’t know there was terrain like that down in Panama. Beautiful scenery. Thanks for taking us to the top with you.

6 Likes

I hadn’t mentioned it yet but I did manage to reveg the Huixtepec, including the purple one. I’ll do my best ( that means come Hell or High water I’ll get er’ done.) to keep these alive until I can make seed with them. 3 of 4 males revegged too.
Also I did make a few seeds to replace the ones I grew and to do a back cross with the purple plant to fix the trait. Sending some back to @Elchiscas too. I don’t have enough to pass out this round but looking at the plants now there is a chance I could naturally make more seeds Outdoors this fall. I’ll have to see how everything plays out with the Peshawar repro as they get priority but all the regulars of this thread can expect to get some beans at some point and that’s a promise

19 Likes

Beautiful and brutal? Good grief the gradients. My lungs hurt. lol What’s the altitude?

3 Likes

I hope I will fit in that description em198|nullxnull, you have innoculated us the sativa-landrace virus and the only cure is to see them grow at home Pirata|nullxnull, thanks for sharing … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes