The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Some long haul strains . Grow some 8 week strains along with them to help pass the time.

4 Likes

I’m going to have a few shorter ones going to have my old soul(bodhi) and ssdd bx f2 clones going with them not sure how they will turn out but figured it’s worth a shot :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

If a guy can keep the room producing as the longer flowering strains finish up its not bad .

Those 15/16 week phenos are a long haul but well worth it in the end .

8 Likes

There are special plants to be found in the upper reaches of flowering times, for sure. Once a few grows are finished 16 weeks isn’t that bad. But after 16 weeks even i start thinking " ok ladies, finish up now!"
One thing I’ve been thinking of is that sativas are quite like tomato plants. There are determinate and indeterminate varieties and they should be labeled as such. Like many before me have mentioned, there are different Windows for Harvest with the indeterminate varieties that never stop flowering. These are the hard ones to judge picking time. I think the determinate varieties are much easier to judge and would chose one of these types if i were just getting into Sativas. Going off memory here as to the definition of determinate and indeterminate. I always change the words to help me remember. Decisive and indecisive are the words i think of. Works a little better for the old memory and holds true. Some of the ladies know what they want and finish all at once( determinate) and some can’t make up their mind and decide to keep flowering in waves= indeterminate

12 Likes

@ShiskaberrySavior good idea to grow some faster plants with the slow ones.

4 Likes

I’m not sure when to harvest the CCC90… but I think soon, the fattening has almost stopped, and there are few white pistils, but the plants continue to drink and form resin. I think that from today they will only be in water, to possibly cut in two weeks, but if I see that they would still need more time, I will leave them more, they are under the same lamp that the destroyer chi,i think 10± weeks more :yawning_face:

5 Likes

Nice looking plants. Do you know the sourcing of the panama in that hybrid? Sounds like a powerful one. Panama and Malawi cross very well. Welcome to the thread!

1 Like

Anyone packing serious sativa heat living in Upstate New York LOL!? That’s a very nice friend. Takes such a long time growing these Sativas. Anyone willing to share after such a long flowering cycle is a gem . I hope one day we can all legally mail each other some samples when large harvests permit

6 Likes

My favorite 2 remaining Oaxaca plants. Both are daughters of Old Silversides and both were hammered by the rain the other day. Looks like they held up pretty well but they definitely lost resin on the top side of the buds. They have been flowering around 16 weeks.
Smoked some Old Silversides S1 last night and that shit knocked me out hard. I slept from 7:00 until 6:00 this morning. I feel so much better today LOL. The flavor is different than other oaxacas and the bud pattern for such a long flowering plant was also different, being tighter. I never did figure out how long this one flowered but it’s pretty close to or was 20 weeks. Pretty interesting that of the three S1 old silver sides seeds I popped, the two females both had tight buds. The male looks like an octopus. It’s the only male Oaxaca plant I have seen with this growth pattern. Looks just like Momma.

16 Likes

The story with the pic of the pr1 on his gram account was, he was given a seeded bud from snowhighseeds at the 2018 emerald cup.
Oh , and he is very Thankful and so am I that he gifted me some.

3 Likes

This is Old Silversides S1 male. Thought of a great name for this pheno.
OAXACTOPUS​:grin::grin::grin:( pronounced wahoctopus)

This plant has been in a 2 gallon container for 3 months with no care and little water

21 Likes

Best name I’ve seen in awhile :love_you_gesture:

7 Likes

OST x Norcal Purple Haze (the nature farm)
Loving this plant so far. Pretty sure I got a female. Should be some really
Nice bud.

15 Likes

Red Snake F2 still unsure if female or male.

15 Likes

Another sativa selection from my friend.

This one labeled Colombian Red.

Strong and stony, yet a bit racy. Left me wide eyed and staring out into space. I wasn’t super crazy about this one because it gave me a bit of anxiety. Reminds me of lots of the jungle weed I grew when I was younger from Mexican brickweed seeds.

22 Likes

Sorry to double post, but I figured everyone would want to see this. The High Times account posted this in my Vintage Trees subreddit.

1987 Mexican Sativa centerfold

17 Likes

Looks just like the bud i got in Costa Rica in 2009. Beautiful!

5 Likes

Oaxaca

Oaxaca on the right, Mulanje on the left.

I’m bending the tops to (theoretically) keep them contained.

15 Likes

Uvita Puntarenas Costa Rica

Hoped over the border today…tourism is down …so suits me.

Anyway Taxi from the terminal…to the wee casita I e rented…and a phone call I had it befor I checked in …But told it was Creepy …and was $50 for 3.5 gramm
Got him down to $45 over a beer…I don’t have a clue what it is but it’s dam good …kinda Kushie!![

See what happens tomorrow, ain’t that bad a price considering it’s tourist areas with turns rich …anyway …Chao

pJimage|368x499](upload://5P324ozVTmRqkPZuZ9oB4bnbWf7.jpeg)

P J

26 Likes

Damn! $50 for an eighth! I haven’t paid that since 1994 lol.

5 Likes