The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Guilty lol. I may have to lay off it a little while. It’s not good for the short term memory. I remember that special structure of that one now. Glad she smoked as good as it looked.

3 Likes

Sorry upstate just seen your post now. What i found with that type is, it can look finished quite early and can give you good smokeable product in as little as about 12 weeks. But i found taking them longer to about 14-16 gives a whole lot more bud and abit more thickness to it and makes the product a bit more complex. But i guess its finding the point that suits you best.
The other type (some i think pictured futher up from one of the other og’s) is more wilder and longer flowering. They can flower longer, probably 16-20 but they seem to be abit lower yielding and are more unstable. Wich means you have to keep a eye out for male parts on them. The phenotype you have now seem to be more stable is what i found, though the product on the longest flower type is probably a bit more potent, just not a lot of it on that type.

5 Likes

Two Destroyer Chi grown by a friend, under the Oaxacan sun.

13 Likes

I think if they only double in size, someone switched the seeds I sent to @Panamajock @Upstate…lol

When I took clones to help make the seeds, I vegged the clones about a 2 weeks to help them catch up to the parent plants. The clones wound up being 3.5 to 4 feet each. Mom and dad were 6 footers.

Clones 8 weeks in flower all in one gallon pots. Mom stayed in a one gallon until about 8 weeks in flower. Then I moved her to a 3 gallon fabric pot.

You can see how big she got even in small quarters.

24 Likes

Hot damn am I happy I vegged for 2 weeks! :rofl:

5 Likes

Smart move if you are in limited space. I have found they cloned pretty easy for me. So topping them works well.

If you are limited in headroom, keep her in a small container until week 10 to 12. She does not stretch early. She is normally several weeks into flower when the big stretch hits for me.

6 Likes

Thanks @Old-Ron ! My Jaliscos are in 2.84L pots (3qt) and are not planned on getting up potted. My plan is to open pollenate in my 4x4 so as long as I can keep em under 5-6ft I’m good. :crossed_fingers:

If they need topping; looks like i’ll be making clones of each cut in hopes of being able to continue them on after the seed run for a flower run! :rofl: :timer_clock:

8 Likes

Thanks @Old-Ron …very interesting…nice pics…I’ve taken some clones …but not looking to good at the moment, but I’m just happy to get those three out of veg ….and we take it from there.

As I said no problem with head room in greenhouse so we will see as you said a doubling in size, …34 inches at the moment…so 6-8 ft is possible.

We are on course if they go the 20 weeks flower …should harvest middle of January 2023 …happy new year!

Thanks for your reply and thanks for the breeding of the seeds…

Happy growing

P J

6 Likes

Maybe even1-2 years the point is until we try we just don’t know ya know for instance they can get aclimitzed to a new environment in 1 to 2 cycles so why not I feel that we have only scratched the surface of the potential that possible due to all the bro science and all the haters saying something just can’t be done well I call bullshit or at least till it’s proven other wise so don’t let what they say stop you/us idk just a thought

They should hit 6 feet with no problem. If the container is bigger, they will be too.

I ran mine for flower 24 weeks. Just didn’t look right to me before then. Colombia runs close to the same daylight schedule as you. They have 12:45 of sunlight in summer. 12:15 in winter.

I pulled seeds at 20 weeks for the parents and 18 weeks for the clones. The sift from them was OK. Made some decent joints to smoke.

5 Likes

Given the underground and ultra-secretive world of cannabis cultivation, there is no telling the ancestry of many strains. Once the DNA of cannabis is thoroughly researched and sequenced, that information is going to be full of surprises. In fact, I’d be willing to bet Panama Red and Punta Roja are contemporaries, both descended from a narrow-leaf, pink-pistil Afghan phenos or something equally unexpected. I’d also wager any landraces coming from Commonwealth or former Commonwealth states had their origins in south India, and that many other genetics that found their way into those did so in the last 50 or so years.

1 Like

Here are the Colombian Gold I have growing. This was a month ago. The front 2 are from the same seeds you have. This were the early trial ones.

The plant in the right corner is a clone from one I already harvested.

This one is taking more after dad. He branched out on his own.

This one is taking more after mom. She was more vertical, as is the clone growing in the back.

I flipped them to flower 2 weeks ago.

16 Likes

Smashing….great fotos…and great to compare.

Yes definitely very alike ( which don’t surprise me…) two still seem more columner at moment … and one is spreading side growth more than others.

Really enjoying this thread and so far so good…thanks for all your help Ron …and others who join in.

Regards

P Jimage

12 Likes

They look very similar to mine when they were small.like that.

2 Likes

Looking really good

1 Like

Just a quick one …The fall Co-op is ready to check out.

All you Gus who signed up for @Old-Ron Colombian gold can go into DYI green life…

All other goodies are there…The post I’ve copied below.

Happy growing and big shout to @G-paS for all her hard work and the breeders like Ron who make this possible.

7 Likes

Front and back pics of the raised bed. The Oaxaca has formed buds and the Mulanje is just getting started. The Oaxaca is slightly brighter and the Mulanje is a little darker in color.

Here’s the Oaxaca in the bucket.

And the MDS

17 Likes

Whaaa PTB your smashing it…they look real yummy

Sterling job

P J

2 Likes

Thanks. I feel like I haven’t done anything. They just grow themselves outdoors. It was those who made the seeds that did the hard work.

3 Likes

Flower pics from this morning

18 Likes