The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Wow that’s a brute! A stout gal indeed.

5 Likes

Love your punta cometa guardian :smile:

4 Likes

I can cover PJ with some Oaxacan.
@Panamajock dm me a safe addy and I will send some out.

4 Likes

Has anyone grown here OT’s haze?

3 Likes

Thanks DM sent

P J

2 Likes

Got it, on their way!

3 Likes

Hehe, thanks man! I needed a corner shelf in my little under stairs closet cab. Might as well have fun with it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks buddy. Be neat to see them grown in Panama.

4 Likes

Hey @Upstate, I gotta get pics of the 4 Oaxaca. They never started flowering until the light was near 11 hrs. daylight. They’re in the kitchen now but going into a grow room to see what they can do in the finish. One is busting larger flowers than anything else. Since I brought them inside, it started really busting loose again. One or two are smelling very skunky or insane body odor, so, I’m getting more excited.

What is the maximum flower time? I had 5 out of 5 go female. One was lost when I went into the hospital with my broken leg, and a friend that came to water missed one hiding in another spot. I’ll get current pics tomorrow maybe. I have to go to the surgeon tomorrow for my 8 week post op visit, and it’s 2 1/2 hours north. They all have interesting terps. peace

9 Likes

Hey bud. You are in for a TREAT! Sounds like some smelly plants. Some of them go thru a kerosene like smell phase. It is kind of skunky in a way. Fuel maybe. Most come out of that phase but some keep the smell. Flowering is 13-16 weeks but I found some 20 weekers in there that yielded well. There is also a chubby pheno more common that goes around 15.
Sorry to hear of your broken leg. How did you manage that?
Send me some pics and I will do my best to help figure harvest. There seems to be different windows for harvesting and if you miss 1 another 1 will open up

7 Likes

I have oaxaca pollen if you find a special plant…

6 Likes

A roof, Old Silversides and 5 minutes break…life is good😁

25 Likes

Gratitude and good ganja goes a long way. :thought_balloon:

7 Likes

Snowhigh guerrero green x Michoacán coming along nicely. Some pesky caterpillars are making an appearance but I’ll keep plucking and fighting the good fight!

Rain in the forecast so moved everything in from the patio, I’d hate to have mold and caterpillar loss. With the light sativa structure i’m not sure how much it would mold but I’d rather play it safe.

Here is a top cola from each plant. Lots of cool terps and foxtails coming out. Some more resinous than others but showing potential.

These are partially seeded; hopefully the right amount to where there is a good amount of smoke and a few beans to play with in the future.

Any guesses on how much longer?

28 Likes

I think i.let my oaxacqn go too long by waiting on amber trichomes. I would cut a foxtail.off and dry then vape it. That would tell you more.

7 Likes

I think the standard answer works here, two more weeks….

Seriously though that looks good :blush:

8 Likes

@Elpolloloco Looks to me like they are ripening at differing rates. I would probably hold off on the ones that are still throwing out new pistils and start harvesting the ones that aren’t. That being said, i am a big fan of harvesting in stages, and would probably take some now, and finish the rest in a week or two. They all look stunning. Great work! :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Thanks for the kind words and feedback!

I’m super excited that they are coming along and that they have that nice sativa structure.

Do you look for the milky trichomes with some turning Amber like you would on a normal hybrid?

6 Likes

The standard answer…. I love it! 2 more weeks…

Thanks!

5 Likes

The impatient part of me will definitely enjoy the old snip / dry / vape test! Good call

5 Likes