The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

As @Upstate once told me, you may never see amber in this long flowering strains… :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

That looks awesome! It may need several more weeks but I would definitely take branches in stages and see how she is. And for trichomes, might never see amber or even milky…to me, taking in stages gives best chance of capturing terpenes, some of which may degrade and be lost as she ripens.

9 Likes

Punta Cometa male

18 Likes

I think sativas are like any other strain. Pick earlier for speedy, cloudy for full effect and some amber is ok but waiting for a lot could ruin your smoke. I think we hold out for yield but that’s not always why we grow these. I’d say another week should do it for yours but its Pickable now. Delicious looking! Great job.

11 Likes

Both Old Silversides and my Thai were better for me picked 2 weeks earlier than round 1.

5 Likes

So did you wind up with a male and female?

5 Likes

Nice scenery. Upstate NY has some pretty amazing scenery. Good fishing, if you know where to look.

5 Likes

Right, one male and one female. But that pollen of yours will sure come in handy as I have a Red Snake female going (which is half Oaxacan '79 and half Punto Rojo Colombian). It’s in full flower now and would be nice to dust it with some Oaxacan pollen immediately…I’m not sure if my male will be opening his flowers in time to collect enough to dust this one.

8 Likes

Oh there lovely…great photos…ye well done.

Regards

P J

3 Likes

Jalisco :mexico: Landrace

I spaced out on my monthly PH pen calibration and have some deficiency issues. Good advice and kind words on the subject from fellow OGer’s made me feel less shitty about the fuck-up and the seeds will still be good to grow! :rofl:

Here’s my :star_struck: femme-fatale: #5

She’s the first of these seeds produced I’m gonna pop some weeks after this run is done to start the F2 and flower sample run!

15 Likes

Yes. This. Looking again the top photos Show plants that have some time yet and the bottom photo shows one that’s probably pickable

5 Likes

Want some Oaxaca PS pollen?

8 Likes

Good work with your seed increase. Now the fun part begins😁. Wanted to let you know there is another jalisco available or maybe tlt got theirs from Hybrid3 on IG? The jalisco these guys are selling says sativa dominant Maybe the land race team got the pure version from them?
You can tell those jaliscos you grew want to make branches. They just need a veg time for full development.

9 Likes

Hyp3brids got their variety elsewhere in Jalisco I believe . It’s supposed to be more “skunky” and foul than what TLT is offering, the descriptions of their varieties don’t match up. I got the one from Hybrids and was considering bumping them up on my grow schedule after the Iranians

6 Likes

I’d take some if you have enough, wanted to use is for a Dr. Grinspoon Bx. Thinking maybe it’ll reintroduce the string-pearl phenos into the line

5 Likes

I can say with no doubt that the Jaliscos I got from TLT are 100% on point with their description. It kind of freaked me out tbh when the plants expressed what was described :rofl:

10 Likes

Oh heck yeah, that would be awesome! Thank you so much. :slight_smile
I’m trying to pop some heirloom Purple Michoacan x Oaxacan Gold seeds that Vermontman gifted me recently. So these various Oaxacan pollens could be really interesting added in the mix.

6 Likes

Yup. They have the garlic and onion bud. That’s got early Afghan written all over it.

3 Likes

Let me see what i have left for pollen after making Oaxaca seeds and a hybrid i had in mind. If i still have some left, for sure. I’ll know in a week.

3 Likes

I appreciate the feedback and guidance from all. I’ve plucked a few samplers from each pheno and looking forward to sampling soon!

I looked at trichs and even the most developed trichomes seem on the clear side so I’m not going to rush yet, but the tester buds should help me make a decision.

To @Upstate ‘s point I didn’t do this for weight but for quality of the effects and the overall experience; so if some have a speedy + happy energetic buzz Now - I may pick earlier than later to not risk losing the effects I’ve been hoping for all along.

If not, I’ll let it go another week and reevaluate.

Cheers all and have a great weekend

8 Likes