The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Red Snake has a lot of these dainty little leaves on long stems sticking straight out. Actually makes for very easy trimming which is one the things I love about sativas.

17 Likes

Red Snake F2 seed plant second week of flower.

Just for fun heres Silver Mt F2 and Bhodi Black Triangle via @TopShelfTrees1

19 Likes

Going to hit these 3 and some more with Sowahh pollen if all goes well and I got a male out of 4 seed plants.

4 Likes

Those long petioles typically denote mold resistance. Keeps the leaves away from the plant so it can dry out easier. Pretty leaf.

5 Likes

Dude, you’ve got some serious bushes going there. They’re gonna explode. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I still can’t post on the MDS thread, so…

I harvested most of the MDS yesterday. I didn’t have enough room to take all of her.

Before

After

22 Likes

Good looking stuff there. Mmmmmm. :drooling_face:

2 Likes

anyone s1 the ox79’ ?

1 Like

It IS an s1, no? @acespicoli. No, no one has s2’d it that i know of.
@PineTarBastard nice looking MDS. Looking forward to a smoke report.
@SkunkHunt101 looks oaxaca Dom with those multiple skinny branches.

4 Likes

Still growing or chopped?

1 Like

Some Oaxaca PS @HumblePie420 I have to admit I’m quite embarrassed to even show pictures of these as they have been blocked from proper lighting by the peshawar plants. Regardless, they will make seeds just fine and I thoroughly plastered them with Pollen yesterday.

Pic 1 is Oaxaca PS
Pic 2 is the jungle
The Oaxaca PS is a 3 way preservation with @lambchopedd and I growing Oaxaca PS, purchased with love by @Humble Pie, who wanted to spread that love around.
Unfortunately I won’t get to see the potential of these plants this round but it is clear they are indeed the pearl phenotypes.
There is also still a couple shorter plants mixed in with the PS… There are a couple males with decent flower clusters that remind me of the other phenotypes that make actual buds. I decided to leave these males in the PS rather than remove them. In addition there was pollen from lambchoppedd so whatever he used too.
The smells are the stars of this show… Some absolutely delicious scents!

21 Likes

Nice! What’s the PS stand for? I missed this one obviously…

5 Likes

Still growing. I gave them a good look in the sun on Sunday and still mostly clear trichomes. I’ll look them over today again and double check.

3 Likes

Oaxaca PS = Pearl Stem. Pretty similar to my line really, but more Pearl plants than what mine has.

4 Likes

Everything is looking great! Thanks for doing this brother.

2 Likes

Oh I see, thanks. Wonder if they are related to the Dr Grinspoon from years ago? When I first started growing I was really interested in trying those but could not get the seeds. Just as well since most of the Dutch stuff seems to be totally commercialized at this point.

5 Likes

Dr. Grinspoon was selected from Senor Garcia, an Oregon Purple Thai x Panama Red cross (according to Seedfinder).

That’s the only reference I ever found

Cheers
G

6 Likes

I’d bet money the pearl pheno comes from Oaxaca.

5 Likes

From what I have read the Oaxaca '79 is this famous strain that the Spanish guys were trading around some years ago on a private forum. There was no male, so someone made an S1 is my understanding. For whatever reason, they made a promise not to ever release it in pure form. So, I have no idea if someone still has the pure seeds or not at this point, but if they do it is closely held and no one will share it. To me this is absolutely ridiculous, totally selfish, and the total opposite of the sharing and preservation ethos around here. But, I guess those folks have their reasons, whether for commercial purposes or some sort of “honor”…to me this is very foolish as I would prefer to see such gems preserved, and no one lives forever. We are all only caretakers of these genetics after all.

So a number of fine creations have been released using the Oaxacan '79, such as Cannabiogen’s Purple Mexican and their Red Snake, both of which I have been growing for the past couple of years and have been enjoying them heartily. They were the reason that I came here to OG looking for more of the wonderful Mexican strains. And I am very grateful that you guys are doing the work that you are doing. Taking the conversation forward and making valuable contributions. The opposite of the pollen chuckers hoping to create the next Green Crack and getting $10 per seed. :wink:

11 Likes

There was a fem version of this 79 oaxaca s1 released at one point. I passed on it because i wanted real seeds lol.

2 Likes