The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Thats a beauty! So she smokes just as well now from the freezer as you recall? How long of a cure before moving to the freezer? RH?

5 Likes

I can’t believe how much that looks like the bud I use to get in the late 90’s. What does she smell like? Piney, earthy a little spicy? Ever have a pheno that smells like someone straight up pissed on it? Wow that brings back some memories.

6 Likes

Thanks man. I love fresh terps so I moved this to the freezer shortly after jarring it up in June 2021. I have a dorm room sized mini freezer that I keep some herb and pollen in, that does not automatically defrost so it doesn’t freezer burn everything. I pull a small bud out every now and then and it still smokes like the day I put it away. Very clear, motivating type of high. This plant went about 20 weeks or so, full documentation of the grow over on the Punto Rojo thread on IC Mag.

8 Likes

Yes, I would say a piney, spicy, floral smell, very complex aromas. The plant while it was growing had a fantastic floral perfume that made me crazy. I just wanted to sit and smell that all day long. This was one reason I wanted to get my hands on the Red Snake seeds so bad, because I knew it was going to be excellent… Of course the PR floral aromas changed and mostly went away when dried but still very nice…flavor is just so-so however. Now I’m going to have to go dig out my jar and smoke a bud today, haha…:slight_smile: And I dug it out, pinched a piece of this bud and had one big toke, now I’m fried, lol…

29 Likes

That looks great, especially that big nug! Another vote for freezing! I was wondering how everyone kept these light airy buds fresh for long term storage, thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

NICE. That’s a neat stash.

3 Likes

How was that cloud walker?? I grew one this summer but it had broader leaves, veeery sweet aroma, but the high was just demolishing, literally it was one joint and sleep. Everyone that has tried it has said the same. Maybe I got the pheno more leaning to the mendo breath.

1 Like

It sounds a bit different than from the one at this end… definitely a tilt towards the Colombian end of the Punta Roja.
I also have zero experience with Mendo genetics or the Purple component mentioned.

But its a functional Head shot, with a solid body buzz. Super good focus and zero Couch appeal.

Leaf size, I’d have to say its in the middle… I’ll post a couple pics that you might enjoy

![image|520x500]

20 Likes

Nice job with the landraces!

4 Likes

Much appreciated @Tejas, Its been a dream come true this summer. Chasing Landraces and Seeds I never thought would See The Day! Total Bonus is a few of them exploded, even the one fight-crime: between garages worked…

36 Likes

I have been following your posts, impressive to say the least.

8 Likes

Hermosa…I’m very impressed. sterling grows…and your fotos are top noche.

Great to have you aboard

P J

8 Likes

The Jalisco :mexico: Landrace is reaching their “beaching” point as we are on WEEK 12 of FLOWERING!!!

ezgif.com-gif-maker (20)

:metal: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

28 Likes

Pluck pluck test. Pluck pluck test. :joy:

Looking real good.

6 Likes

I NEVER do this :rofl:

I’m going to wait until the weekend when I’ll cry a little and then cut them to hang. Last watering ever was on Sat. The pots are STILL heavy. They’re done; the don’t want no-mo :potable_water: .

7 Likes

A chunky short pheno PS Oaxaca. Seeds are close to done. I didn’t get a ton of them but I can certainly spare some for anyone willing to make some more. I can spare some for several someones that want to make some more…
I can say the best Attribute of this Oaxaca PS is the smell and flavor. It’s pretty damn epic. 2 plants had the exact smell I’ve been chasing since 2001. Aside from my own strain I had only found that smell one other time until finding it in this Oaxaca. It’s one of the loveliest smells ever thought up by the Lord above… I didn’t grow these plants correctly enough to judge yield or anything else. Finished in 2 gallon containers With spider mites on the plants. For sure not my most impressive work, but I was able to get seeds off of every female with the pollen of every male.
@HumblePie420 Send me your address in a message and I’ll send you some of these PS seeds
Once the rest of the seeds are finished let me see what I have but I think I would probably have 10 packs I could give away to the people that contribute on this thread In addition to the several packs reserved for people that will make more seed to spread around.
@Panamajock I’ll send some of these with the other ones.

22 Likes

Excellent! Plants look like they have ripened all the seeds at this point. What kind of smells are you getting at the end of their cycle?

5 Likes

off topic
@Upstate Do you listen to Robert Sepehr?
If you dont i think you would find his videos very interesting.

1 Like

Has anyone here tried to do Acapulco Gold indoors?

I have a 2x2 tent doing nothing and decided to throw some Acapulco Gold from @lambchopedd in there 12/12 from seed and see what happens. Definitely going to be a lot of training but we’ll see.

11 Likes

Where do I find him? I’ll check him out. I hadn’t heard of him before
Big stretch with those Acapulco plants. I’m sure it can be done with some serious trimming

2 Likes