The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Yeah, I grew some unknown bagseed from mexican brickweed about a decade ago that just wouldnt stop growing. Like it wouldnt be satisfied until it reached the sun itself.

in a tent will be tough a lot of trimming and training.

4 Likes

Thanks Amigo.

P J

3 Likes

Iā€™ve run a couple of bodhiā€™s AG in a tall 3x3. They definitely get tall. I flipped them early, I think around 3 weeks, and left them in a 1 gal pots of soil. I think they finished around 5 feet. I didnā€™t top them but instead bend the top down. I also run 11/13 on longer flowering and may have went to 10.5 by the end.

8 Likes

STRONG INCENSE and CARROTS! They are maintaining their consistency like a dream.

9 Likes

Yeah, i was thinking of going 12/12 from seed, then at weed 3 go 11/13, week 4-5 10.5/13.5, week 6-9 10/14, week 10- finish 9/15.

But this tent is only 6ā€™ tall so i will try to bend and train and pinch as much as i can but i imagine i will have to trim a lot as well.
But this is all just for the fun and experience of it all so looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Several have, but not in a 2x2 :grin:. Yes, a lot of training.

4 Likes

Looking ready to come ashore :passenger_ship:!

I love how you kept it so clean in there.

Great work!

4 Likes

Very cool of you as always! Im curious how long have you been running your pride and joy - pearl stem?

1 Like

That does sound wonderful. I love that carrot weed. Very interesting. My old ( blueberry?)strain went thru a carrot phase while morphing into what would become my heirloom.
Went from blueberry the first year to starburst/ skittles for a couple years, to a candy smell for a couple and then a carrot phase for 2 or 3 generations before finally ending up as the hashy or strawberry smelling crop I ended with. Honestly I had no choice in the matter. The plant did this, not
me.
I often wonder about where the carrot terps came from. I recall the smell being associated with energy. Good energy weed. I had read that Oaxaca was the Mexican strain used in Blueberry, but perhaps it was Jalisco? Never have heard of carrot smell in Oaxaca. Anyone else know of where carrot terps can be found?

9 Likes

Iā€™m looking that up and it seems to be focused with the Monoterpenes present in these plants.

Strains that popped up include:

1. Zamaldelica (African Landrace sativa from Reunion Island, close to Madagascar)
  2. Canguru de Oaxaca (hair bud type pheno)
  3. Mulimbimby Madness x Oaxacan Gold (hair bud type pheno)

Had future me told past me that one day present me would be researching :carrot: related :broccoli: strains Iā€™d have laughed really hardā€¦ but here I amā€¦ and at 6:55am no less :rofl: :+1:

9 Likes

Canguru de Oaxaca? I hope I can find that same link. Never heard of it

Thatā€™s right. Reunion Islands produce carrot terps. Fairly commonly too.

5 Likes

Same here! I was reading a series of open tabs with different articles and forumsā€¦

I did just find this though!

EDIT!!!

Simultaneously, in North America, many in the counterculture decided to follow Timothy Leary to Oaxaca, and participate in the ancient psilocybin using Curandero culture. This same culture in the mountains of Oaxaca, also grew a similarly benevolent yet psychedelic variety of Cannabis, known as the Highland Oaxaca Gold.

11 Likes

@Upstate the have a description listed here:

https://kionathc.com/rare/

But no seeds from what I can see. Damnā€¦

5 Likes

I think there were some of these in the last box too and Iā€™m excited about them.

8 Likes

Kiona has some interesting stuff. They seemed to share back and forth with Doc D of magic spirit seed company. Based on their description of the canguru de Oaxaca sounds like itā€™s mullum/Oaxacan. I believe itā€™s old Kangativa lines and Nevil involved as well. Doc d used the Mullum/Oaxacan et cut in a bunch of his work, and pretty possible Kionaā€™s is related if not the same. You can definitely find that line in seed form in crosses, and maybe in pure form.

9 Likes

@Cannabi5 11th or 12th down here are some Mullim x Oaxacan.

And idk if they ā€œshareā€ so to speak, but DocD used a handful of their cuts in some crosses. I know he used Kionaā€™s Purple Corrinto, and their Vietnam Black.

5 Likes

waitā€¦ WHAT?!

4 Likes

GOALS! :hugs:

2 Likes

I might be remembering wrong but I think they were too late for the previous box and got slipped into this one.

But donā€™t quote me.

4 Likes

I think they were ā€œmystery beansā€, a source was not readily identifiable, though I think they eventually figured out who made them. G-pas had a handful of flips and did a drawing to see who got them.

3 Likes