The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

floweringtime 18 - 24 weeks collected in the 70s…

i meditaded short. well, its i guess as close to perfection as a columbian can be.

5 Likes

I suspect you’re going to regret growing those plants so close together. :wink:

3 Likes

that red stem tells me it is something really special :wink:

9 Likes

yes , i showed you the best columbian i seen in my life.

so yeah, i can give you link, incase this wasnt clear.

this would have become atleast my private stash. im just too bizzy with saving the most insane regions se Asia, and mexicos Landraces… bizzy at home to… broke, and so forth…

4 Likes

That was for someone else buddy. @Igrowdirt was looking for the other thread to post pics

2 Likes

Yes please😁 The only thing better than one pure Columbian landrace is more than 1 pure Columbian landrace!
speaking of “other” Colombian landraces… What I had in mind was splitting the cost of the landrace team Corinto strain. I have never seen a pure one for sale before, but the cost is high at $200/10 seeds. It does seem prudent at the moment To hold off for now and see what @Motaco finds out, But I don’t want to wait too long and miss out.
Myself and Panamajock Are prepared to go halves on the seeds but up to 10 people at $20 each has a nice ring to it. A seedrun would be done and seeds given to those 10…
I’m currently strapped, as TLT decided to release a new Oaxaca :yum::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:.
I’m Upstate. I work for seed.

20 Likes

Outta likes…but I love you all!

4 Likes

Smart man. There are fantastic plants to be found! This is Cryptic from me yes?

2 Likes

This looks good to me.

4 Likes

ill give you , upstate tomorrow, later i post it in the thread as 5000 post celebration

4 Likes

You’re a gentleman and a scholar my friend. :wink:

4 Likes

Guess I forgot to circle back and reply but I’m down if it is decided to move forward on this one.

The Oaxaca from TLT sounds very similar to the one I grew from your seeds. The initial woody/incense aroma that finishes with overripe mango is exactly how one of mine turned out that I grew indoors and then its clone outdoors but the outdoor one was so much more pronounced.

1 Like

Hey i like that idea.

1 Like

I have had only one fruity plant( Miss Ridiculous) from this Oaxaca and the pictures look like a different Oaxaca too. More bud on the pheno shown, but more leafy too. Could be from my preservation run, though i probably wasn’t the only person to get that freebie from Great Lakes. Of course they’d never mention if it did come from me… I’ve been waiting for this moment I suppose. You can’t put special genetics in the right hands without filling a few wrong hands at the same time is the way I look at it. That’s the very reason why some of these genetics are so hard to find. It pisses some people off to see their hard work gifted out and profited from. Me? I figure the Great Spirit will gift better plants to those that willingly give than to those that don’t, no matter how many plants are grown and I love great weed😁
I guess I’ll take that Oaxacan plunge for the team. Who better to know if it is the same Oaxaca, but me? Plus. You know I can’t resist. I’m a weak man.

16 Likes

I certainly hope you are right

3 Likes

Ye I will go along with that.

@Upstate we guys on the thread know how much time into preserving landraces etc…and it’s so very much appreciated.

We also know your a very generous with advice on grows…but most of all the amount of seeds you distribute to guys on this thread and OG in general.

And of course these will be preserved , and distributed on this thread.
And this is done free, I agree with the purchase of the Corinto as it’s the first time I’ve seen it advertised.

So I’m happy to donate $50 to the purchase …I’m sure other guys will help out.
I do know there are folks going to through hard times etc…so there is no pressure to contribute.

Thanks

P J

Ps …how do you want to recieve the Wonga @Upstate

12 Likes

Would definitely help put $ in the pot for this!

5 Likes

I said it once, and I’ll say it again: would be honored to be one of the ten :bear::+1::grin:

5 Likes

I would be happy to join the 10.

5 Likes

@Upstate

I’d be Happy to pitch in for the corinto

5 Likes