The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Yes, its perfect, when Sativas do their floweringstretch, they shoot new Leaves, but only around Budsites, or Sidebranches mainly. And i know on a Greenspoon type Strain these never look like Cannabis for 99 Percent of People. I bet alot would come trough

6 Likes

You still have any Oaxaca pollen left? Also, should my Red Hair just be a Freakers run? I’m still doing the Ukhrul after the Tuna but I’d meet my quota of two runs before the year ends if I did.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t think the mutated pheno exists in Barney’s line. Based on people I know who grew it and what some were saying in an old forum post, no one has ever grown a pheno with that mutation from Barney stock, ever lol. I actually wanted that HOG pollen to work on a Grinspoon Bx since it’s already in the lineage

5 Likes

Seeing a bunch of these names of these landrace strains brought to mind a guy in Colorado that grows and has seeds for most of the landrace. I am in no way affiliated with him but thought I’d share his site as I think it’s appropriate for this thread www.coloradosativas.com

7 Likes

very nice my friend these look really happy , i looked at these and made my mouth water

3 Likes

I noticed a predominance of S1s in the offerings.
I was reading BOGs book ‘Bonanza of Green’ last week and he had a negative view of using S1s in breading programs. He said that it leads to herms in future generations.
I haven’t heard of academic studies that would back that up but I’m inclined to accept 30 years of his expertise (until proven wrong)…

Cheers
G

9 Likes

I dunno about herms, but you can lock in negative traits really fast by selfing. It takes a really good mother plant to make a good selfed generation.

13 Likes

Man, that’s the first thing I noticed, but they’re actually regular seeds. For whatever reason, he calls his F1s S1s.
:guitar:

8 Likes

I just had a brief chat with him via email. He seems like a nice guy :man_shrugging:. His prices are a very reasonable 25$ for 20 seeds.

8 Likes

Ya, my only complaint is he will only do 20 seeds per strain, be nice if he offered 5 or 10 packs to get a lil more variety

4 Likes

You sure can’t argue his prices are too high! :laughing: :+1: and the plant genealogies are wonderfully detailed.
He has some interesting gear, too bad he doesn’t send to Canada…
That Golden Tiger is a deal…

Cheers
G

12 Likes

So a quick update on the tent. The males (1M,2M are looking rather grim but after all the abuse, but I juts need them to dump their load anyways.) The female Zacateca (1F) is taking over one half the tent and my tiny congo clone is trying its best to keep up and take its share of light.

Here are my clones of the plants… doing well now.

And here is Zacateca 2F in all her glory enjoying the sun and wind. I am glad she has a very sturdy structure and limbs as it has bee very windy and gusty here.

The smell of the resin on the Zac 2F is very much sweet cedar and spice. I am sort of hoping that sweet smell will leave as it develops and the cedar and spice come to the forefront.

15 Likes

Is the Zacatecas 2f a back cross? Or a second generation?

2 Likes

That wind will definitely strengthen the plant if it doesn’t break it in half first. I try to get mine in the wind early… easy where I live. heh

They are good at adjusting to their environment outside most times. They look great.

4 Likes

Sorry its my way of distinguishing phenos from my pack, F is for female and M is male, and then I just give them designations of 1,2,3 ect. I didn’t put a lot of thought into a system or anything. Im sure there is a better one.

2 Likes

Thanks G-man. I live in the prairies in Alberta at 55n. We get our fair share of wind here!

4 Likes

@TopicalWave
Thanks for that!

3 Likes

I here you. I lived in Montana when I was younger and worked as a land surveyor in eastern Montana (which I used to call West Dakota because of the terrain and wind) and North Dakota. No trees to hide behind, lol.

4 Likes

Funny, I worked as a Land Surveyor (Party Chief) for years but am looking to get out of it now as I get older. I always enjoyed searching for evidence but the pipeline/industrial work, and the winters got to me. Plus if I am honest with myself I am not meticulous enough to be a great surveyor… you have to have a bit of a type A personality to excel in that industry, which is not me lol.

2 Likes

Look at what I found while trimming the Mexican Red Hair

Some sap? Or resin?

14 Likes